PDA

View Full Version : Mudnuts expensive outing.

mudnut
8th August 2013, 03:36 PM
G,day all. As promised earlier this week, I have uploaded a few snapshots of last weekends adventure at Mt Cole, with my son. It is a beautiful place, And there were sooo many tantalising tracks that were closed, or inaccessible to a vehicle with road tyres. I have gotta go back, as soon as I get the Old Trol's driveline fixed and the tracks are open.32638 32639 32640 32641

More to come as I get them to upload...

BigRAWesty
8th August 2013, 03:55 PM
its a shame to see how many tracks are locked up..

mudnut
8th August 2013, 04:02 PM
More pics...

mudnut
8th August 2013, 04:07 PM
Yeah, it was quite a few, but I think they were just too slushy. My mates both had AT tyres, so they had a go at some of the more challenging tracks that were open. I had a go at one steep hill , with the trailer on, and the road tyres at 22psi. I was surprised at how easy the Old Trol made it up.

mudnut
8th August 2013, 04:27 PM
I must be getting a bit better at resizing.. I hope

mudnut
8th August 2013, 04:33 PM
My son took this as we were negotiating the one tougher track we made it up.32652

P.S.I met Another member of the forum at Chinamans camp, friendly bloke, his handle is Dirty J, if my memory serves me right. He was with a group from Melbourne. They had a ripper weekend as well, although one of their mates rolled a tyre off a rim, when it hit a rut.

threedogs
8th August 2013, 04:43 PM
That's what I call a Locked gate,,lol
Looks like a great time had by all

Stropp
8th August 2013, 06:10 PM
ha ha the locked gate reminds me of when we lived in the pilbara, we used to carry bolt cutters and locks, cut the lock and replace it with a nice new shiny one with a key in it, the tracks were gazetted but the farmer who adjoined it locked the gate so we just cut and replaced lol.

taslucas
8th August 2013, 06:16 PM
ha ha the locked gate reminds me of when we lived in the pilbara, we used to carry bolt cutters and locks, cut the lock and replace it with a nice new shiny one with a key in it, the tracks were gazetted but the farmer who adjoined it locked the gate so we just cut and replaced lol.

Yeah down here you often find three locks per gate. (but locked gates are VERY few and far between.). 1 lock for forestry tas, one for government(ranger etc) and one for fire fighters.

MudRunnerTD
8th August 2013, 06:16 PM
The Mt Cole area is awesome but is subject to Seasonal Closures so that's why the locked gates. There are some amazing tracks up that way though fellas

taslucas
8th August 2013, 06:19 PM
Hey mudnut, you get those pink flowers, pink one single flower off the stem and suck on the back if it (the bit that was attached to the stem). There's a tiny hit of yummy sweet nectar in there:-). Handy if you're lost lol.

mudnut
8th August 2013, 06:45 PM
The locks were on the gate into the transmitting facility, and I bet all of the different stations and government bodies would have keys. Great tip Tas. Those flowers caught our attention as the only colour in the eerie mist.

GQ TANK
8th August 2013, 08:44 PM
Why use a chain, just multiple locks. We have some base sites the same - its a pain though when someone bypass your lock.

Out come the universal key.