PDA

View Full Version : whats your storage like?

Rustyboner81
7th August 2013, 06:24 PM
for the everyday wheeler out there that doesnt have a set of draws...what have you come up with to solve your storage needs?

ive just got a big box where the back seats we're with toolbox, compressor, cooking stuff and a few bits and pieces and a small box for crc, oils and recovery gear.

basket up top for swag, chairs and camping table.

im very interested as to what everyone else has done, im sure this box idea of mine will start to annoy me and something more suitable and longterm will have to implemented

93patrol
7th August 2013, 06:36 PM
That's a idea rusty especially if you use the back of the wagon for other everyday stuff at least your stuff is stored away and is removable if you have to chuck the dog or some such stuff in.

I was going to do the same thing when I switched to a wagon. The ute at the moment is chock a block behind the seats with compressor and recovery gear

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Rustyboner81
7th August 2013, 08:48 PM
Yeah cheers i see your in bunbury. Have to get out for s drive sometime.

Bloodyaussie
7th August 2013, 08:51 PM
I usually put my kids in that spot but.........?

Winnie
7th August 2013, 08:54 PM
I am really tempted to take out the back seats and put in a false floor but I like having seats? Maybe I will take one side out

Got sick of Motorculture so gone back to Tappa

Bloodyaussie
7th August 2013, 08:57 PM
I am really tempted to take out the back seats and put in a false floor but I like having seats? Maybe I will take one side out

Thats what Irish wants to do.... the fridge he bought is so frickin big its the only place it will fit!!!

Drewboyaus
7th August 2013, 09:35 PM
Thats what Irish wants to do.... the fridge he bought is so frickin big its the only place it will fit!!!

Damn those Irishmen are thirsty....

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

Bloodyaussie
7th August 2013, 09:40 PM
He's not thirsty, he's just a drunk!!!!

mudnut
7th August 2013, 09:48 PM
As I have to use the third row seat to fit the family in, I have used a few old fishing tackle boxes with names of contents written on the lid. Easy to stack them or take them out. The on board compressor is under a rear seat. I have a box made to hold the winch controller, which I will put Velcro on the bottom, so it will stay under the front passenger seat. Anything else goes in the space behind the middle row in those cloth shopping bags, when the rear seat is stowed. I am planning to make a carpet-lined shelf under the glovebox too.

93patrol
7th August 2013, 09:49 PM
Yeah cheers i see your in bunbury. Have to get out for s drive sometime.

Sure I work odd shifts so let me know when is a good time for you and I ll see if it matches with my shift.

Are coming to the meet up on the 5th oct I think it is

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

mudski
7th August 2013, 10:11 PM
My 75L combi wont even fit in the rear doors. So that back is the only spot. Lucky I got my 32L Engel aswell.

Rustyboner81
7th August 2013, 10:53 PM
5th, i hope so, i think it falls on my break i'll be able to tack my new bars for a run :)

i dont get down your way much but i got mates in bunno and family down donnybrook/kirup way

Stropp
7th August 2013, 11:15 PM
I have as you know russ, drawers and the double false floor where the rear seats normally go, can fit lots in :)

BigRAWesty
7th August 2013, 11:33 PM
For the first few trips we had those roller containers. Had an 80 for the pantry setup, a 50 for the cooking gear and 20 for the dishes. This also was the wash up tub. And they all stacked nicely inside each other in the shed when not in use.

sil3nt_dr3ams
8th August 2013, 02:45 AM

lol on it building as we speak

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/08/26.jpg

Rustyboner81
8th August 2013, 11:24 AM
Yeah stropp i seen it, tarim says thats what we need too lol

oncedisturbed
8th August 2013, 11:29 AM
I have 2 of the Supercrap "Stanley" black and yellow tubs that I use. Ran some draft foam around the top to prevent dust / ants etc coming and work well. Just check the contents a few days before camping, restock and load in troll. Makes things a lot easier

threedogs
8th August 2013, 12:00 PM
I've removed the seat behind the driver and mounted the Fridge there on a platform,
I like the space case idea ,cause at the end of a weekend, you can just store in your garage
ready for your next trip. Saves carting around a 80kg drawer system and it contents all the time

taslucas
8th August 2013, 12:49 PM
Are coming to the meet up on the 5th oct I think it is

5th, i hope so, i think it falls on my break i'll be able to tack my new bars for a run :)

It's October the 12th and 13th.

EDIT: but you WILL make it:-)

Stropp
8th August 2013, 02:37 PM
Yeah stropp i seen it, tarim says thats what we need too lol

one large step at a time :)

threedogs
8th August 2013, 02:40 PM
Black widow do a storage system for the area where rear seats are,
That's if you like their gear

Stropp
8th August 2013, 03:12 PM

ahh lucas, its the wa one on the 5th october :)

Clunk
8th August 2013, 03:18 PM

wakey wakey Lucas old bean lol

taslucas
8th August 2013, 03:59 PM
ahh lucas, its the wa one on the 5th october :)

wakey wakey Lucas old bean lol

Ahhh sorry, I was thinking of the cool kids meetup

threedogs
8th August 2013, 04:40 PM
I also like having a box for everything, Wooden preferably as plastic tend to break too quick.
I have one as a tucker box {stores} another for my pots, camp ovens and kettle. Then another for
plates, cups, knives and forks. Always looking for lockable boxes to store camping gear. usually most
goes in my trailer, Don't carry much in the Patrol, but I take gear for 4 ppl . that way anyone coming
only needs to bring their tent, bedding ,chair and rods

Clunk
9th August 2013, 12:16 AM
Ahhh sorry, I was thinking of the cool kids meetup

Kids, Kids definitely........ not sure about the cool part!!!!!!!! hahahahaha

Rustyboner81
10th August 2013, 09:56 PM
gonna make some draws over chrissy i think, got some ideas rolling around, going for light weight and strong, gonna use that nylon runner idea thanks
:)

i'll definately do up a thread