PDA

View Full Version : Calling all SA and VIC drivers.

BigRAWesty
7th August 2013, 04:31 PM
There is a great little fundraiser happening on the 21st of September, for the Francis school busses.
In our governments wisdom they don't pay for the busses to travel into Victoria to pick up school kids, and being a small school funds are hard to come by.
Francis is based on the SA / VIC boarder, just below boarder town.
It's a scavenger hunt style setup threw the little desert national park and is great fun. Last year they had an additional balls of steel run, but after the first car was nearly lost in the first 10 meters they called it off.. Keen MR???

All in all a top weekend, smoke'o, tea and breaky Sunday is all available, and for the last 4 years I've been there has been so many donated prizes that some people went home with 2...

Anyway, details on the flyer, camping in now $10 a site, not $7 a head. And the email addy is all lowercase.

Hope to see you there. 32588

Bloodyaussie
7th August 2013, 04:34 PM
Looks like a bit of fun mate... HHmmm how much trouble can I get in from the wife?

BigRAWesty
7th August 2013, 07:19 PM
She's welcome to. Plenty of camp space. And it's not that hard core. Quite gentle really. An X-trail has followed for the last 2 years.

Drewboyaus
7th August 2013, 07:32 PM
Hmmm.....was wondering where I might go for a drive in September.......
Might be fun to get a NP crew to have a play.......

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

pearcey
7th August 2013, 07:34 PM
Bugga will be in Tas . But I will post it on the 4wd club site which I am a member of.

TPC
7th August 2013, 09:07 PM
Would have gone but heading to Fraser the following weekend.

BigRAWesty
7th August 2013, 09:49 PM
Hmmm.....was wondering where I might go for a drive in September.......
Might be fun to get a NP crew to have a play.......

That's what I'm hoping. Patrol Nation.

Drewboyaus
7th August 2013, 09:59 PM
So what is the driving like?

BigRAWesty
7th August 2013, 10:35 PM
The track is nice. Nothing technical, an x-trail has done it the last 2 years with us. You can take some nice ruts and deeps puddles, and they have a muddiest rig prize.

But it's a mix of bitumen, sand and mud.

Blacklotusdog
8th August 2013, 09:36 PM
Bugga, ill be in birdsville around then after crossing Simpson.

Drewboyaus
8th August 2013, 09:54 PM
Bugga, ill be in birdsville around then after crossing Simpson.

Well La-Di-Da! LMAO

BigRAWesty
9th August 2013, 06:09 AM
I will also add I've done the last 2 years on road tyres... Got stuck once..

BigRAWesty
22nd August 2013, 12:22 AM
Bump this. It's a top cause. And a top weekend

BigRAWesty
22nd August 2013, 06:23 PM
Thought I'd have more interest with this.. It's about a 3.5hr drive from Melbourne and Adelaide.. Right in the middle..

Bluecrab
22nd August 2013, 08:05 PM
Gday mate, just seen this post. Sounds gr8 but our Canunda trip aint till mid Oct, 3 weeks lata.
I lived in the Mount for bout a year, working on the new hospital. Also my old boy born and grew up vere.
Spent many holidays as a kid vere and Pt Mac.Took my misses as she never been, its now our fav spot.
Im also guna try find bit casual wk, im a plasterer by trade, and hope stay few months.
Hope catch up 4 bevvy or two?
Cheers Dazza ps- anyone need new bathroom celing or shed decked out?? ha ha

mudnut
22nd August 2013, 08:16 PM
I'm spewing, Kallen. It ain't too far too travel to, and I have wanted to do the Border Track for ages. I have blown the budget on getting the Old Trol's gear box replaced. (Hopefully next Tuesday). Have fun. I'll be there "In Spirit".

BigRAWesty
22nd August 2013, 08:19 PM
Gday mate, just seen this post. Sounds gr8 but our Canunda trip aint till mid Oct, 3 weeks lata.
I lived in the Mount for bout a year, working on the new hospital. Also my old boy born and grew up vere.
Spent many holidays as a kid vere and Pt Mac.Took my misses as she never been, its now our fav spot.
Im also guna try find bit casual wk, im a plasterer by trade, and hope stay few months.
Hope catch up 4 bevvy or two?
Cheers Dazza ps- anyone need new bathroom celing or shed decked out?? ha ha

For sure mate, always willing to catch up with members for a beer, go for a drive.
Give us a yell when you over next and I'll stick the brews on the ice..

I'm spewing, Kallen. It ain't too far too travel to, and I have wanted to do the Border Track for ages. I have blown the budget on getting the Old Trol's gear box replaced. (Hopefully next Tuesday). Have fun. I'll be there "In Spirit".

This ain't the track mn, just a round trip of the little desert.

mudnut
22nd August 2013, 08:22 PM
Even worse!! Just what we were trying to organise a while ago.

BigRAWesty
22nd August 2013, 09:01 PM
Yea, that's why I put it up, Its a set date..

BigRAWesty
9th September 2013, 09:21 AM
A bump for this event.
Its looking my chances are slim of making this now.. Between work and the car I'm flat out..