PDA

View Full Version : The kitchen sink

threedogs
6th August 2013, 09:27 AM
As most know I love my camping gear,
I've just brought this off Ebay for $25 sellers name is outbackgearforu, took 2 days to arrive
I have a food prep table which I've cut a hole to recess a plastic tub for washing up Etc,
I'll screw a hose outlet underneath so a length of hose can dispose of sink water,
My food prep table is about 1800mm long and 900mm high skinned in aluminium sheet, under that I have a pot shelf
and under the plastic tub is a 3 shelf cupboard for fruit and veg storage, I'll set it up later and take a pic.
Comes in a few colours even pink

BigRAWesty
6th August 2013, 09:49 AM
Nice TD. I have used outbackgearforu and they are great. Great service, and quick response time. Got our fridge slides from them.

threedogs
6th August 2013, 09:53 AM
That's the mob , as most say it needs to have a few functions to go into a 4x4, so now its a oil drip pan if required, a bucket for fetching water
and a sink for washing up plus will store some gear on any trip. Get enough flys at camp on the Murray as it is so we tend to do Dishes straight away,
This is my food prep table big hole is for new sink, small holes are for extended LED light strip.

mudnut
6th August 2013, 04:18 PM
That is a pretty good buy, 3D. I wish I had of seen that a few years ago. I have a plastic kitty litter tray that fits inside a plastic box which also carries a fold down crate that doubles as a dish rack, (I drilled a lot of holes in the bottom), all the cutlery, plates and cups for six, small dishwashing liquid, tea towels and cooking implements fit in as well. It is adequate, but everything is made of too thin plastic. What are the outside dimensions? Maybe I can make a box that fits it.

oncedisturbed
6th August 2013, 04:46 PM
Just grabbed a collapsable silicone 10L bucket today which will make things easier for us to use as a similar thing, dishes, washing / cleaning etc

threedogs
6th August 2013, 04:47 PM
@mudnut outer stats are 440mmx380mmx145mm
bowl size is 330x270x120mm

threedogs
7th August 2013, 10:41 AM
Modified the table to suit not too hard , I have an led strip light that goes in those holes in table top
they are about 700mm high and 1000 mm long, pot rack works a treat and keeps gear off the ground.
my 3 shelf pantry fit perfectly under the sink. Just get my health right and try it in the real world.

threedogs
7th August 2013, 02:19 PM
on ebay atm item 121154809235 its on the Gold Coast going cheap same as blue one