PDA

View Full Version : gq tb42e manual conversion

jjgq89
5th August 2013, 09:27 PM
ok so started my manual conversion on the weekend
we used the engine crane through the shifter hole to drop the auto and lift the manual in
the entire job is pretty straight forward well until we realised the pressure plate bolts weren't in the swap over kit I bought GRRRR! (a bit frustrating :mad:) I will post photos next weekend as we get closer to finishing.

I'm mainly after some help on the electrical side of things ie. connecting reverse lights, starting the motor as the auto ecu will currently not allow this to happen and so forth

any help will be appreciated.:wink:

Gqpatroltb42
20th August 2013, 11:58 AM
Hey mate was thinking of doing the conversion was just wondering if youve done the clutch assembly yet and how hard was it?? Do you hav to remove dash cluster also?? Cheerz For any help

jjgq89
20th August 2013, 10:41 PM
mate just as a courtesy to the site go over to the introductions page and say hi to everyone you'll get a lot more respect for it and therefore a lot more help

yea mate the clutch assembly is the easiest part the gearbox itself ie getting it in or out is a pain in the ass however a 2inch body lift and a few mates will help a lot
also an auto elec at the end of it all to hook it all up will remove all the headaches :) feel free to ask anything mate its still all very fresh haha

ssjhomebiz
28th September 2013, 03:12 AM
hi, im from the philippines and just bought a patrol 2003 TB45E matic. Can I also replace it with a manual transmission. Is there a manual tranny for this? Thanks