PDA

View Full Version : King springs

altech
4th August 2013, 12:08 PM
Hi Guys , doing the 2in upgrade soon , looking at King Springs for starters ? "are there any good" , regards Alex

MudRunnerTD
4th August 2013, 12:12 PM
Allot of the market supply you rebranded King Springs mate ;)

altech
4th August 2013, 01:44 PM
Allot of the market supply you rebranded King Springs mate ;)

So there cheap China Brand imports out there in OZ

YNOT
4th August 2013, 09:28 PM
I'm a big fan of Aussie made Kings springs, I've put them in 3 of my Nissan 4X4's and currently have a set in my work van which have done over 200,000km.

happygu
4th August 2013, 10:57 PM
You won't go too far wrong with Kings Springs.

I have always been happy with mine....

Mic

stealth12v6
12th August 2013, 08:17 AM
I just fitted 2 inch King Springs, Heavy duty in the front and progressive rate in the rear accompanied by 2 degree castor correction bushes and Tough Dog 45 mm Adjustable shocks and i couldnt be happier, my gu rides better than it ever did before aand the ride doesnt change when i load up the rear of the gu and hook up my camper trailer, i ordered my springs through www.suspensionstuff.com.au and told them what i used the vehicle for, originally i was going to fit double heavy duty to the rear but they suggested that the rear would be very rigid and provide a rough ride and that progressive rate springs would be the go for the rear and they were right,,,, great prices and great advice = very happy customer

MEGOMONSTER
12th August 2013, 06:38 PM
Many of Patrologists are on King springs. Shop around for the best price and advise.

Dam355
13th August 2013, 01:35 AM
Very happy with my king springs. 2" lift. Made a huge difference.

altech
23rd August 2013, 07:43 PM
Ok , have 4 King springs and new shockers for 2inch lift, started today at 10am , front first ,hmmm 3 1/2 hour later first one down, yep next one done 50 mins Sweet, rear 1 -40 mins , just need the missus to get of phone to her mother lol , just 2 pumps of the jack away lol .............. waiting :-) hopefully finished before 10 pm . ps still no beer in hand lol

macca
23rd August 2013, 08:31 PM
I have had Kings on both my last and this 4WD's without a problem so hope you have the same experience.
Just completed the ABH and CSR without a spring problem on my or any other of the 5 vehicles we travelled with.
Shocks were a different story, they are made in the same factory as **** but are they the same spec?
I don't think so, so staying with the brand is the wisest option I reckon.

Kast
23rd August 2013, 11:23 PM
Hey macca. So what shocks do you recommend?

I sometimes wonder why we're not keen to name names. Is that just pc or us the a risk in doing that?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

altech
24th August 2013, 09:09 AM
All Done , arms and legs are saw, but have 2 inch now .......lol

megatexture
24th August 2013, 09:34 AM
They look like crap mate!, they look better coverd in mud:cheers: go get em dirty. Good to see you fitted them yourself also.

macca
24th August 2013, 10:34 AM
Hey macca. So what shocks do you recommend?

I sometimes wonder why we're not keen to name names. Is that just pc or us the a risk in doing that?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Kast, I would not recommend any brand or model of a brand as all our needs are different.

The high end Konis are supposed to be the best for outback rough tracks but how do the perform in the bush near the coast?

I have ToughDogs, Ralph on the front and BigBore Adjustable on the rear. At $ 550.00 a pair they are expensive. I met a guy on the ABH in 2010 who had done 300000klm on out back adventures and swore by them.

On our recent trip a 75 series had BlueMax that are supposed to be made in the same factory as or are rebranded ToughDogs. It pogoed on any whoop-de-doos or moguls and one did fail.

Mine did not behave like those and are still working fine.

They may well be made in the same factory. You could use a comparison as the base Commodore and the SS out of a GMH factory, different specs.... that was what my previous comment was about.

macca
24th August 2013, 10:37 AM
All Done , arms and legs are saw, but have 2 inch now .......lol

Looks the goods altech, must be very happy with yourself.

altech
24th August 2013, 11:03 AM
Hi Guys, just got back from getting Alignment done, Service guy said I should have off set castor fitted , I posted my wheel alignment results , Can you tell me if his right ? he Quoted $ 120 for the rubber one that go to 4 deg plus the same for fitting and alignment again, at the moment car drives great , even at 100ks , not wobbles or dirfing to left or right, all good :-)

megatexture
24th August 2013, 11:15 AM
If its not wandering all over the road I wouldn't bother

altech
28th August 2013, 07:37 AM
Hi guys, been 5 days now with my new 2inch lift kit, finding that there a nosie in the left front passager side , just a sight knock only when the road dips in the road , maybe thinking that I haven't put spring in candle right , need help ? regards Alex B

megatexture
28th August 2013, 07:50 AM
Maybe find somewhere to flex it up to help seat it right.