Tonks
4th August 2013, 08:36 AM
Please help,

How do i put photos on to the forum,

Either from my PC or iphone,

Thanks in advance.

growler2058
4th August 2013, 08:57 AM
On the PC go advanced reply then click on the paper clip, click browse in the box that pops up. Pics cant be bigger than 1meg
On the phone you need to be using the motor culture app
Alternately host you pics in something similar to photo bucket and cut n paste the url image into your post

BigRAWesty
4th August 2013, 08:58 AM
Help section mate. It's all in there..

Forum
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?p=6499

Resizing
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?p=318054

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

NissanGQ4.2
4th August 2013, 07:05 PM
Did you get this sorted Tonks?

Tonks
6th September 2013, 03:19 PM
On the PC go advanced reply then click on the paper clip, click browse in the box that pops up. Pics cant be bigger than 1meg
On the phone you need to be using the motor culture app
Alternately host you pics in something similar to photo bucket and cut n paste the url image into your post

May i ask how to do it with the MC app,
Thx

NissanGQ4.2
6th September 2013, 04:35 PM
May i ask how to do it with the MC app,
Thx

Sorry mate I don't have an Iphone so don't know if there is much difference between doing it on an Android and Iphone

This link is for Android but should be similar, just look for a camera icon when replying to a thread or starting a new thread: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?17441-How-to-upload-photos-from-your-Android-phone-tablet-using-Tapatalk

Hope that helps you, if your still having troubles just reply back and I'm sure one of the Iphone users can guide you through it.

Cheers

Toddie

AB
6th September 2013, 05:05 PM
When you reply on the iOS device there are some symbols that pop up at the bottom as shown and numbered below..

1) Opens up your camera to take a new photo
2) Choose an existing photo on your device
3) Stupid twitter thing
4) settings to add a URL link to another site or page on this site, image link that is on another site or another page of this site and editing your signature, etc.

Tonks
6th September 2013, 06:16 PM
Thanks I will give that a go

Tonks
6th September 2013, 06:39 PM
AB, if i can, how do i put a short 20 second video from my iphone on to the forum, i have me doing Nolans Brook the other month.

1) Opens up your camera to take a new photo
2) Choose an existing photo on your device
3) Stupid twitter thing
4) settings to add a URL link to another site or page on this site, image link that is on another site or another page of this site and editing your signature, etc.[/QUOTE]

NissanGQ4.2
6th September 2013, 06:50 PM
Would be interested in this one, didn't think uploading vids was possible from mc as I have never seen an option to link vids or upload files

Tonks
6th September 2013, 06:53 PM
We'll soon find out.
Would be interested in this one, didn't think uploading vids was possible from mc as I have never seen an option to link vids or upload files

AB
6th September 2013, 07:45 PM
The forum software can't hold or upload videos unfortunately mate. You have to upload to YouTube and embed video here.

Tonks
6th September 2013, 08:14 PM
The forum software can't hold or upload videos unfortunately mate. You have to upload to YouTube and embed video here.

ok thanks for letting me know

NissanGQ4.2
6th September 2013, 08:14 PM

Can you embed vids from YouTube using MC???? I have not seen a function on mc to do this unless you can do it via the same way as linking a photo

AB
6th September 2013, 08:21 PM
Can you embed vids from YouTube using MC???? I have not seen a function on mc to do this unless you can do it via the same way as linking a photo

No mate neither mc or tappa can do that.

Winnie
6th September 2013, 08:21 PM
You can. Just manually type the tags, that's what I do. Surely that would work?

NissanGQ4.2
6th September 2013, 08:24 PM

If you can then how come you have doubts *L* must be the bundy *L*

AB
6th September 2013, 08:45 PM

????????????

AB
6th September 2013, 08:49 PM
Do you mean the HTML tags [video...] URL [../video]

NissanGQ4.2
6th September 2013, 10:20 PM
Do you mean the HTML tags [video...] URL [../video]

It does work on MC using the video tags, I used the insert url then copied the tag in but it errored, all I had to do was edit the post and remove the url tag in front of the video tag. Can be done but very long winded

AB
6th September 2013, 10:57 PM
http://youtu.be/KUsGDVOCLVQ

Test

Edit from Toddie:

http://youtu.be/KUsGDVOCLVQ

AB
6th September 2013, 10:58 PM
Is this video embedded?

NissanGQ4.2
6th September 2013, 11:07 PM
Is this video embedded?

No mate, not imbedded

Clunk
6th September 2013, 11:07 PM
Nope.........

NissanGQ4.2
6th September 2013, 11:12 PM
No mate, not imbedded

Edit your post and have a look at the tag I used for your link

AB
7th September 2013, 07:20 AM
Yeah its a bit of a PITA to do it on the phone though, you need to incorporate the YT code inside the HTML tag to work.

Update: I have now changed the max upload limit to 3.9mb so this should help out a lot of members.

If any mods see any threads that talk about the old 1.9mb limit then feel free to edit it.

NissanGQ4.2
7th September 2013, 07:22 AM
Yeah its a bit of a PITA to do it on the phone though, you need to incorporate the YT code inside the HTML tag to work.

Update: I have now changed the max upload limit to 3.9mb so this should help out a lot of members.

If any mods see any threads that talk about the old 1.9mb limit then feel free to edit it.

Don't do it boss, seriously no need for it, its not hard 2 resize an image

AB
7th September 2013, 07:22 AM
Did it take ages to load the photo just to view it?

NissanGQ4.2
7th September 2013, 08:03 AM
Just joking mate, just don't see the need.

Yes you may have a lot of server space at the moment but won't you struggle more with bandwidth if people are uploading / downloading bigger files???

AB
7th September 2013, 08:18 AM
Just joking mate, just don't see the need.

Yes you may have a lot of server space at the moment but won't you struggle more with bandwidth if people are uploading / downloading bigger files???

I don't think it will make a big difference compared to the manuals and the 4wd Pro Tips videos but I'll keep an eye on it mate.

Bob
7th September 2013, 08:22 AM
Just a point on uploaded Pics If you click once on the Pic it will expand and if you then click on the Pic again it will become even larger