PDA

View Full Version : Fitting winch to Nissan genuine steel bar

Remdogg
3rd August 2013, 10:19 AM
Hey all. Im trying to fit a winch to my 2011 Patrol. It has the factory steel bar with the spot to mount the rollers but Im not sure where to put the winch. Is there meant to be a cradle for the winch to sit in or does it bolt to the bar itself meaning I would have to drill holes. The bloke at the local 4x4 shop said bolt it to the bar but he seemed a bit unsure.

Fairly sure there would be more knowledge on here.

threedogs
3rd August 2013, 10:22 AM
Have a search you'll find you'll need a winch cradle, it will bolt to 2 captive nuts under each side of chassis
not too expensive around $150 from memory

Drewboyaus
3rd August 2013, 10:25 AM
X2 and I dunno if I'd be taking my rig to that 4x4 joint..... If he's unsure, I'd be unsure about him!

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

MudRunnerTD
3rd August 2013, 10:42 AM
Mine bolted straight up to the OEM winch bar. 2 bottom bolts go through the fair lead through the bar and into the winch. The winch bolts straight to the back side of the bar.

Can you post a pic of you bar close up from about 1m away at number plate height for me

Bloodyaussie
3rd August 2013, 01:03 PM
This topic seems to come up semi regularly. ..... need someone to post pics and how to on this subject.

MudRunnerTD
3rd August 2013, 01:42 PM
This topic seems to come up semi regularly. ..... need someone to post pics and how to on this subject.

Mines bent at the moment :(

Remdogg
4th August 2013, 12:07 PM
Thanks for your help. MudrunnerTD was right. I was looking for 4 holes. 2 through the fairlead in to the top of the winch and there are 2 down low.

Thanks for your help I appreciated it. The local nissan dealer told me I had to buy some kit but I could only buy that if I bought a Warn winch through them.

I might go in there today and ask them if they would like me to winch their front doors off.