PDA

View Full Version : Where to purchase 2" lift for a y61 GU

Mattonpatrol
2nd August 2013, 02:16 PM
Wanting to do a 2" lift for the troll, need some help on finding the gear for it... I'm not into going to a shop and paying full price for it when their is other places or websites that have the same thing for a better price haha ;) Does anyone have any places you's know? Located in sydney area :)

Limmy
2nd August 2013, 02:36 PM
Ive been told the tough dog with 9 adjustable settings are good. U may get away not havin to get extended brake lines

trekster
2nd August 2013, 08:20 PM
If you can do the work yourself then check ebay, there are a few different brands for sub $1000 delivered, like king springs, lovells, tough dog, dobinsons etc

http://goo.gl/sN8S1u

Woodsta1704
2nd August 2013, 09:31 PM
Mate check out http://4wd1.com/ They have Tough Dog suspension kits to suit most budgets. I ordered my 2" kit with foam cell shocks and air bags from them a couple of years ago. And any order over $100 is free freight.

Wayne P
3rd August 2013, 09:03 AM
I have seen quite a lot on Ebay but I could not recommend which one's are any good. I will want to do the same to my 2007 Walkabout when I get it next week so I will monitor the responses you get here.

threedogs
3rd August 2013, 09:14 AM
I have 2" EFS and no problems at all, price should be around $800 IMO as you only need 4 x coil and 4 x shocks

MudRunnerTD
3rd August 2013, 10:52 AM
Wanting to do a 2" lift for the troll, need some help on finding the gear for it... I'm not into going to a shop and paying full price for it when their is other places or websites that have the same thing for a better price haha ;) Does anyone have any places you's know? Located in sydney area :)

How much are you prepared to spend? What do you do with your car? How long do you want it to last?

If you just want the cheapest lift you can get then grab a Blupac kit off eBay cheap. You get what you pay for though.

If you have a decent budget then buy the best you can afford. You will only need 4 springs and 4 shocks. I assume you can fit them yourself?

Blacklotusdog
3rd August 2013, 11:28 AM
Zordos suspension, superior engineering and suspension stuff are all good vendors. Give them a call and discuss what you have, what you want to do with it and they will be able to recommend something suitable.

OME from arb always get a good wrap and are valved for the patrol and Aussie conditions.

If you can afford it the armada extreme remote res shocks get a really good wrap. They are about $275 a corner though.

If you want extra flex Suspension Stuff flexy coils will allow you to fit longer shocks without your springs dropping out. Superior engineering also have a new linear rate coil that sounds very well designed.

In the end as other have said it depends on what you plan on doing with your truck. Is it just a daily driver? Do you plan on loading up to gvm and touring long distance on corrugated outback roads? Is it a weekend warrior which your tackling rocky, rutted tracks in. Hard to give advice without more info, also worth doing a search on 2 inch lift as there is heaps of info out there already.

My advice is work out what you want to do with car and how much your willing to spend at most then give the businesses I mentioned above a call and see what they recommend.

Mattonpatrol
4th August 2013, 10:46 AM
How much are you prepared to spend? What do you do with your car? How long do you want it to last?

If you just want the cheapest lift you can get then grab a Blupac kit off eBay cheap. You get what you pay for though.

If you have a decent budget then buy the best you can afford. You will only need 4 springs and 4 shocks. I assume you can fit them yourself?

well i have a budjet of arond $1500, and am prepaid to pay for something very decent in a 2'' lift... i will also be doing work bymyself,, done it coupla times before...

Ronin
5th August 2013, 12:13 PM
I got a 2" lift with Koni shocks, dobinson coils fitted for 1300.

SupRob
5th August 2013, 02:13 PM
Iv been shopping around for 2inch lift kit and not having much of a budget its killing me what to do,

Suspension Supplies Australia - $690 Inc gst

Powerdown - $580 Inc Gst

Myself doing the fitting of course and including steering dampener

MudRunnerTD
5th August 2013, 03:43 PM
well i have a budjet of arond $1500, and am prepaid to pay for something very decent in a 2'' lift... i will also be doing work bymyself,, done it coupla times before...

If you have a Budget of $1500 not including fitting then your looking in the higher end of the Market. Happy days.

You could go all out and fit Superiors Amadas remote res shocks and springs for about that coin.

If it was me and i had $1500 for a 2" lift i would fit Old Man Emu for under $1000 and spend the rest on HD Lower rear Trailing arms, HD Drag Link. Anything left? buy a HD Tie Rod.

The Lower Trailing arms are weak as pi55 and once bent your in trouble. The Superiors Lower Trailing arms are awesome! i have them on both cars and was the first thing i fitted after the lift on both cars.

my 2c

Lowie
12th August 2013, 08:37 PM
King Springs (lifetime warranty) and KYB shocks - they are OEM suppliers to a lot of jap trucks (3 yr/70k warranty) all for about $700. if you can use a spanner fitting is a piece of p*ss. Took me around 4 hours to do.