PDA

View Full Version : Sliders in Perth

GUte
5th January 2011, 12:34 PM
Hey guys, I have been bashing my sidesteps a lot lately and was wondering if anyone knows of somewhere in Perth that can make or sell me a set to suit the GU ute?
I found a few places online but they are based over east and I would imagine the shipping cost would be quite high.

Cheers
Gary

DX grunt
5th January 2011, 12:49 PM
Hey guys, I have been bashing my sidesteps a lot lately and was wondering if anyone knows of somewhere in Perth that can make or sell me a set to suit the GU ute?
I found a few places online but they are based over east and I would imagine the shipping cost would be quite high.

Cheers
Gary

Gary

This guy's name is Mike and he's in the Western Patrol Club, based in Perth.

http://www.xlr8fabrications.com/

Cheers

Ross
DX grunt

GUte
5th January 2011, 12:53 PM
Awesome cheers for that Ross, I will get in contact with him

the evil twin
5th January 2011, 01:45 PM
Had a set of his steps on my GQ... not the cheapest but def not the dearest and by far the strongest and well made I have had to date.

Took them off when I sold the vehicle and got almost what I paid for them and they were still straight as... even after getting a flogging around Harvey, Brunswick.

I would buy another set in a heartbeat

Woof
5th January 2011, 02:01 PM
I've got a set of XLR8 sliders/steps on my GQ, bloody brilliant, will not find better workmanship.

gec
5th January 2011, 02:36 PM
Also got some of them on my car and cant recommend them highly enough :bigthumbup:

GUte
5th January 2011, 03:21 PM
Thats what I like to hear, thanks people. Waiting hear back from him, he sounds busy!

Im not fussed about him not being the cheapest, its the quality of workmanship/service that counts most. Will post pics once they're on :)

XLR8
5th January 2011, 04:21 PM
Sent you an email Gary, if you need any more info, give me a call mate.

stets
5th January 2011, 06:01 PM
i think my set of xlr8 sliders have probably copped the worst of any of the ones he has sold for general use, but they are easily comp spec, mine hae been thrashed, bashed, scrubbed, bumped, used and abused, but they do thier job each and everytime i go out playing, they look a bit worse for wear, but when you use them to slide over high centres and winch off they are bound to show the signs of abuse
are they due for replacement.... hell no, just another coat of paint and they'll be back to as good as new.

bloody tough and built for a purpose.

oh and hi mike lol

Bloggsy
6th January 2011, 09:33 AM
I have a set of sliders/steps made by Mike (XLR8) on my GU and they have also copped a hiding and have saved my sills on more than one occassion. Thoroughly recommend them. :smiley_thumbs_up: