PDA

View Full Version : Torque Wrench

lhurley
29th July 2013, 07:19 PM
Has anyone ever used one of these??

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BGS-Germany-Digital-Torque-Adaptor-1-2-drive-40-200-Nm-/120678206517?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c18fb4c35

I feel that they are probably to good to be true, but would be mighty handy if they are any good.

MudRunnerTD
29th July 2013, 07:23 PM
Nice and small. Good for touring.

megatexture
29th July 2013, 08:25 PM
Yea they would be good in the tool kit, it would be good to know how accurate it actually is. the one i bought came with a calibration test results.

lhurley
29th July 2013, 08:46 PM
Yea they would be good in the tool kit, it would be good to know how accurate it actually is. the one i bought came with a calibration test results.

What did you get?? I am in the market for a good torque wrench and i can only find sh!tters and snap on's

mudnut
29th July 2013, 09:05 PM
The trick to anything using electronics for calibration, is to use new batteries.

NP99
29th July 2013, 10:28 PM
It gets a good rap here:
http://www.amazon.com/Alltrade-940759-Powerbuilt-Digital-Adaptor/dp/B0031QPJZG

firm351
29th July 2013, 11:07 PM
What did you get?? I am in the market for a good torque wrench and i can only find sh!tters and snap on's

Mate I don't think you can go past norbar tension wrenches, sh!t all over snap-on for price and quality imo. I've got 2 of them that have copped a flogging for years get calibrated once a year and never out of cal. Best tools I've ever bought, bit pricey but well worth it if you are going to use it a bit. Repco do norbar wrenches but branded Repco, might be worth a look.

Cuppa
29th July 2013, 11:10 PM
It's a good price if it's any good. My 0 -50 ft/lbs Norbar wrench (with calibration certificate) was about 4 times that a number of years ago. Never had it re calibrated though, where do you get that done?

shina
14th August 2013, 08:45 PM
Mate I don't think you can go past norbar tension wrenches, sh!t all over snap-on for price and quality imo. I've got 2 of them that have copped a flogging for years get calibrated once a year and never out of cal. Best tools I've ever bought, bit pricey but well worth it if you are going to use it a bit. Repco do norbar wrenches but branded Repco, might be worth a look.

Agree 100% being in an industry that I use torque wrenches everyday and norbar are by far worth the outlay.