PDA

View Full Version : Walhalla, Victoria - Roadside Camping Restricted

NissanGQ4.2
28th July 2013, 08:19 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153064031505029&set=a.302213305028.326994.97784075028&type=1&theater

Congratulations to the idiots that have effectively destroyed one of the few roadside camping area in town last night. This damage will take us months to repair and mean that camping will be restricted in the area. Thanks people. We hope that the folks who utilize this area are just as angry as we are...this kind of vandalism does little to assist us to maintain roadside free camping into the future when it's treated so badly. It's not the campers fault...but the shire just looks at the cost of repairs!!!!

AB
28th July 2013, 08:28 PM
Nice one toss pots!

Bloodyaussie
28th July 2013, 08:59 PM
F$Łking idiots...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

krbrooking
28th July 2013, 09:12 PM
Absolute morons!!!!! Looks like it could have even been a sedan.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

GU CAMPER
29th July 2013, 06:34 AM
I'm sick of seeing all this damage done by a small minority of dickheads. That ruin it for everyone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rusty_nail
29th July 2013, 09:39 AM
that is really frustrating! all the people who would actually enjoy it are now without that area to use, and the d!cks who did this are just going to go elsewhere. so frustrating!

Sir Roofy
29th July 2013, 01:28 PM
They wont close it for long,to many city folk use this area mostly longweeknds and easter
the town would lose to much revenue

mudnut
29th July 2013, 04:00 PM
They wont close it for long,to many city folk use this area mostly longweeknds and easter

I hope that is the case, roofy. May the perpetrators armpits be infested with the fleas of a thousand mixo afflicted rabbits...

Bob
29th July 2013, 04:09 PM
. May the perpetrators armpits be infested with the fleas of a thousand mixo afflicted rabbits...

and may their chickens turn into Emu's and kick their Dunny down

and seriously what a bunch of Losers who spoil it all for everybody else

NissanGQ4.2
29th July 2013, 06:38 PM

For those don't read facebook

Walhalla: Just so you know, we'll need to rope this area off and do some repairs...yes it's unfair on the people who do the right thing...but we do need to rehabilitate the area so it's OK to be used in the future. We're sure you'll understand why we need to limited use for the next few months.

menace 2
30th July 2013, 01:34 AM
it was a datsun sss stanza with a chrome thermostat housing , spray chrome wheels and dual cup holders that couldnt do it on the hard stuff and went home dreaming of winning the next street drifting....
it was an idiot like that who just put my daughter in hospital with a fractured back while trying to impress..:furious:

NissanGQ4.2
30th July 2013, 08:00 PM
Posted on FB today

Further to the damage in Walhalla on Saturday night, everyone should be advised that the offenders [1 x male and 1 x female] have been apprehended and charged with numerous offences. They will appear in court shortly. Thank you to those people who came forward as witnesses who have provided statements to the Police. We must say that we are somewhat shocked that there is a sizeable part of the community [refer to FB comments] who believe that it's acceptable to damage property or vandalise parklands. It is NOT! Much of the gardens and parks in Walhalla are maintained by volunteers with funds raised by the community and via our rates. If you think it's OK to damage the hard work of others or spoil other people's access to camping areas/parks etc. may we suggest that you seriously consider not coming to Walhalla...if you want to hoon and do donuts...do it on your own front lawn.

AB
30th July 2013, 08:05 PM
The power of social media!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Winnie
30th July 2013, 08:09 PM
How good is that! Go to Walhalla all the time and it's a lovely town.

Fruitloop
11th October 2013, 01:10 PM
The roadside camping area is now open again ... and the idiots responsible posted it on facebook, which was seen by a few local residents and were caught and charged a few days later.

Fruitloop
11th October 2013, 01:12 PM
Ooops ... just realised after posting my last thread, that has all been previously stated ....

BigRAWesty
11th October 2013, 01:50 PM
How did I miss this.
Atleast the outcome was positive. I know alot which end in area closures.

macca
11th October 2013, 06:43 PM
Posted on FB today

We must say that we are somewhat shocked that there is a sizeable part of the community [refer to FB comments] who believe that it's acceptable to damage property or vandalise parklands.

Those who posted this rubbish on FB presumably have a car and do this sort of stuff saying it is acceptable, they probably enjoy themselves.......

Well I enjoy myself cutting up steel with a angle grinder, I might take my grinder and genny and cut some holes in their cars, I'm starting to convince myself this would be quite acceptable.

Want to give me a hand?

Fruitloop
11th October 2013, 07:58 PM
I think a few people would be only happy to lend a helping hand Macca

Fruitloop
17th October 2013, 10:47 AM
Just read the newly opened toilets at Merringtons were vandalised in the last couple of days .... :(

Winnie
17th October 2013, 10:52 AM
Just read the newly opened toilets at Merringtons were vandalised in the last couple of days .... :(

Yeah there were a few around that got vandalised... Merringtons was flattened by a car.

rusty_nail
17th October 2013, 10:53 AM
Yeah there were a few around that got vandalised... Merringtons was flattened by a car.

i would like to see someone try to flatten those toilets at knockwood with a car... those things were solid as! toilets - 1 car - 0

NissanGQ4.2
17th October 2013, 11:03 AM
i would like to see someone try to flatten those toilets at knockwood with a car... those things were solid as! toilets - 1 car - 0

Not wrong Nic, the latches on the toilets are stronger than the front door 2 my house!

Grease monkey
17th June 2014, 06:11 PM
Yep usually the way some brainless moron probably not campers. Most campers respect the privilege of being able to camp.

Throbbinhood
2nd October 2014, 11:09 AM
What bastards! Ruining it for the rest of us!