PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an ex telstra body

Supa
28th July 2013, 08:17 PM
Hi All,
I'm in the market for a cab chassis patrol, ideally I am after a 4.2 ST cab coil with an ex telstra body. Now it would appear that this combo is pretty rare, Telstra may not in fact have ever used the ST.

Spent today looking at a few cars at dealers and saw two very nice ones, a 2008 ex Telstra DX (with an ex telstra body in imaculate condition) 123000kms very very clean for about $28,000. I was very tempted but I currently own an ST wagon and the lady of the house isnt keen on the DX.

Also saw a 2006 4.2 with 78,000 kms, tray back and was about $40,000, seems alittle steep really but these things seem to keep their value, are the 4.2 really that much better than the 3L CRD?

Anyway does anyone know if someone sells these pods second hand, I priced one new and they are very pricey. I've done a bit of a search and havent been able to find what I am after second hand.

Any help aprreciate. Really looking forward to getting the fit out of one of these pods started, It's the type of project I love to do and have so many great ideas from the builds I've seen here.

Cheers
Supa

Edit: by the way I'm in Sydney

GU CAMPER
29th July 2013, 06:39 AM
I've seen the pods on gumtree and eBay etc every now and then

I don't think telstra ever used coil sprung models. They always used leaf sprung models, so they could carry the extra weight

It's not hard to change a lot of a DX to a ST. Eg elec windows , bucket seats, centre console etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rusty_nail
29th July 2013, 09:06 AM
i think threedogs has a few, or a mate with a few?

threedogs
29th July 2013, 09:13 AM
I know the service body is for sale.
everything has a price I can ask if its for sale and get some measurments lxw

Supa
30th July 2013, 11:11 PM
Hi GU camper,
Looks pretty straight forward to change the bits over if I really wanted to, to be honest I'm not that fussed, just trying to keep the better half happy.

Hey Threedogs,
are these in Sydney, if so any chance I could have a look at them in the flesh?

Edit: Just noticed you are in Melbourne. Anyway do you have any more details about these? Will they bolt straight on to a patrol?
The one in front or on top in the picture look like what I after. would you like me to PM you some contact details?

Cheers
Supa

threedogs
31st July 2013, 09:36 AM
Yeah they are in Melb, I've emailed them and sent you details via PM, good luck.
From memory don't think they have plans for them, but then again.