PDA

View Full Version : lock diff in a GQ

alex
5th January 2011, 12:00 AM
Hey do GQ come out with lsd standard i have been trying to find specifications but am able to do so.
and what do they run in the front also?? thanks

YNOT
5th January 2011, 06:17 AM
GQ came out standard with a limited slip diff in the rear, a few (mainly top spec models) came out with a vacuum operated rear diff lock. I have not heard of any GQ or GU with open rear diffs.
All GQ and GU came from the factory with open front diff. There was no factory diff lock option for the front.

Tony

stets
5th January 2011, 05:08 PM
like ^ said

gq only had an lsd as standard with a few orders made for the diff lock option, the factory diff lock is as strong as any aftermarket one and easy to work with

Dmitrijs_Riga
13th January 2011, 12:22 AM
I have mine without LSD and without rear diff. Complete stock.

YNOT
13th January 2011, 05:47 AM
Are you sure it does not have an LSD rear diff? All completely standard Patrols were fitted with LSD, not having one would make your Patrol extremely rare.

Tony

Dmitrijs_Riga
13th January 2011, 06:46 AM
Hi. It's not so rare. Rare is to have special limited model ;) Most of the Patrols that were produced for general market (Red Cross, UN, NATO, etc) came without LSD or vacuum diff in rear. But air con, 24V, 10 seats and mech. winch as standard. These cars only available in FAST GL catalogue. There is also some difference in interior and in main dash.

MudRunnerTD
13th January 2011, 09:03 AM
Hi. It's not so rare. Rare is to have special limited model ;) Most of the Patrols that were produced for general market (Red Cross, UN, NATO, etc) came without LSD or vacuum diff in rear. But air con, 24V, 10 seats and mech. winch as standard. These cars only available in FAST GL catalogue. There is also some difference in interior and in main dash.

hahaha, maybe so in your part of the World my friend. We dont see many UN or NATO spec GQs running 10 seats and 24v in Australia. THe "General Market" here is the domestic market an we dont have a big call for a 10 seater GQ ;-)

Dmitrijs_Riga
13th January 2011, 08:11 PM
Ok. EL market (LHD and RHD). 99% only came with 2.8 diesel engine, no petrol. 1% with TD42 diesel engine for UK. Don't know about Safari model. All of them in EU were with LSD or vacuum diff. Many fency extras.
Next is Russian market. Nissan provided their cars from two regions EL + GL. RD28, TD42, TB42. Both in LHD and RHD. Most of the Patrols came with LSD or vacuum diff. Also Safari (yes, they also were sold in Russia in LHD offically). Also special models were available without LSD or vacuum diff.
Then Japan domestic market. RHD Safaris, many fency extras, LSD or vacuum diff. Limited production of LHD Safari for GL markets.
Then AR market - Australia. You can call it domestic or similar to Japan. LSD or vacuum diff.
Them GL market. By this I mean Patrols that were produced for non specific region and for some sort of services. TD42 and TB42 engines were available. From top equiped interior to bullet proof without anything. This market is total mess, you can find Patrol with TD42 engine, without turbo, without LSD but with two aircons and with leather seats. Or TD42 turbo engine and without anything! Check my VIN: JN1WRGY60Z0250236. You will find that origianl color is RED, but mine car is white. And it was repainted by Nissan after it came out from factory. And I have at least two differences in VIN and what I have actually.

Mrowka
18th January 2011, 12:42 AM
For those who care: My 1994 Patrol is Russian-spec, but has an Arab VIN. Like Dmitrijs, the VIN on my car is not quite the same as the VIN on the registration documents (but the color does match the color in FAST.) The guy I bought my 'Troll from told me that he bought the car from the original owner, who bought it in Moscow.

I suspect that what happened is that my Patrol was ordered through an Arab dealer, then smuggled into Russia and sold on the gray market. The other possibility is that it was sold to the UN or other international organization and then was disposed of, again, probably not through official channels.

Either way, that explains the VIN discrepancy, and how an "Arab" car could have a diesel engine and PTO winch (neither option popular with Arabs) but no air conditioning (pretty much mandatory for Arab cars).

Mrowka
20th January 2011, 04:06 AM
Oh, yeah, and I forgot, my "Arab" Patrol has a factory fuel/block heater.