PDA

View Full Version : Winch part needed

Bloodyaussie
27th July 2013, 10:58 PM
Hmmm does anyone have a busted winch laying about as I need a insulation that sits around the main thread for power... it seems the winch I am working on the insulation around the bolt for main battery power has perished and is making contact with the body... its a welding winch..

I need it pretty soon as it has to be fitted up in time for the snow trip?? any help would be great, cheers

Sir Roofy
27th July 2013, 11:45 PM
Try a bit of plastic hose over the thread

Yendor
28th July 2013, 12:13 AM
Is that Kev's winch?

Bloodyaussie
28th July 2013, 08:51 AM
Yes it is Rodney... as for plastic hose dont you need to use something that is heat resistant or it will just melt?

Yendor
28th July 2013, 12:44 PM
I would try and get the correct insulator if possible. The thing to remember is the cables connecting the winch and the battery aren't fused, if that insulator fails it gonna release a lot of smoke.

You could also try local motor rewinders and possibly even electrical wholesalers.

davo94
28th July 2013, 01:27 PM
Try an auto elec as most starter moters need the same part. Maybe even a truck shop?

Bloodyaussie
28th July 2013, 02:21 PM
I would try and get the correct insulator if possible. The thing to remember is the cables connecting the winch and the battery aren't fused, if that insulator fails it gonna release a lot of smoke.

You could also try local motor rewinders and possibly even electrical wholesalers.

Cheers big ears!!!!!!!

threedogs
28th July 2013, 02:26 PM
Is it a Mica or Bakelite washer of some description?
or a insulating sleeve

Edit, Jaycar may have a product to suit your needs give them a bell open all day

happygu
28th July 2013, 02:41 PM
Any pics of the part you are after BA?

MudRunnerTD
28th July 2013, 03:02 PM

Repco

Bloodyaussie
28th July 2013, 07:38 PM
Thanks guys.... just in the middle of installing a kitchen so will try and swing by Monday morning to get it up and running..