PDA

View Full Version : Want to Buy parts in VIC

cnpatsy
24th July 2013, 09:08 AM
want to buy a gq steering wheel good one with no play in the rubber and the steering rod that sits behind the front diff

Bloodyaussie
24th July 2013, 10:11 AM
Good luck mate.............. better off finding a Pulsar one.??

There was one on ebay but they want big dollars for them.

threedogs
24th July 2013, 11:04 AM
Why not a classy looking after market leather job

cnpatsy
24th July 2013, 01:43 PM
needs to be for roady they won't accept an aftermarket one tried it
also has anyone got a front sway bar bracket that holds on the sway bar to the front diff arms

Bob
24th July 2013, 01:53 PM
Try this for your Steering Wheel

http://www.slt99steeringwheel.com.au/slt99steeringwheel/Single_Fix.html

Bob
24th July 2013, 03:09 PM
you can also get them repaired by an expert.

Click on Link below

http://www.uticolor.com.au/steering-headlining.html

threedogs
24th July 2013, 03:13 PM
If rubber is slipping on steel rim just inject super glue into it from the rear
Other than that try Smart Parts In Ballarat, always found great service from them.
plus they deliver for bugger all

cnpatsy
24th July 2013, 03:53 PM
thanks bob tried the glue didn't work took it for roady and he snapped it
threedogs will give them a call now thanks mate

threedogs
24th July 2013, 03:57 PM
Waynes your man up there, top bloke
Would have thought a thick C A super glue or even Gorilla Grip would do the Job.
Mudski just had his wheel done somewhere, but in leather oohhh yeah

mudski
24th July 2013, 07:54 PM
Found it....Correction TD. I bought a second hand leather wheel from a GU4 and had a members father do a resto job on it. Looks and feels eff'ing hawn now. Wasn't cheap though. Paid $360 for the wheel and it was another $100 for the resto. Plus the time in the mods I had to do to the clock spring so the airbag and horn still worked.

cnpatsy
13th August 2013, 01:20 PM
thanks guys all ready got all the parts ended up buying a steering wheel for 30 that was mint

kena4213
8th September 2013, 04:10 PM
Mate a N14/15 pulsar wheel fits and indicators work properly,and it looks factory as it has nissan on the horn button.

kena4213
8th December 2013, 02:16 PM
u could try pulsar n14 or n15 wheel the indicators work

MudRunnerTD
8th December 2013, 04:19 PM
Found it....Correction TD. I bought a second hand leather wheel from a GU4 and had a members father do a resto job on it. Looks and feels eff'ing hawn now. Wasn't cheap though. Paid $360 for the wheel and it was another $100 for the resto. Plus the time in the mods I had to do to the clock spring so the airbag and horn still worked.

Hey Mudski,

How long did the resto take on the wheel? Could he do it while still on the car? My leather is shagged!

mudski
8th December 2013, 07:02 PM
Hey Mudski,

How long did the resto take on the wheel? Could he do it while still on the car? My leather is shagged!
Took a coupla days bud. And it has to be off the car too. The guy who did it is cbates a member here. He was the young fella who bought up that massive trailer bbq to Andy's for that big pissup we had early this year. His dads resto shop is in Waverly by memory. I did mention his dads workshop here somewhere with all the details. I was surprised how good it came up as the leather had what it looked to be cuts in it maybe from someone wearing rings on their fingers.
Got the wheel back and it looked like he had recovered the wheel with new leather...

threedogs
8th December 2013, 07:06 PM
X 2 MR it looks a treat faultless workmanship, very nice indeed