PDA

View Full Version : Rv tents/shades

mopper
21st July 2013, 07:31 PM
Whats the best for the Patrol???

MudRunnerTD
21st July 2013, 07:33 PM
Are you looking for a pull out side awning or a touring Tent mate? Something attached to the car?

threedogs
21st July 2013, 07:34 PM
Side awning are popular and handy, they even have one for the rear as well.
very affordable stick to known brands

Winnie
21st July 2013, 07:56 PM
I'd love a rear awning but they're expensive. Could justify it for side awning but rear is half the size and only $10 cheaper.

mopper
21st July 2013, 08:33 PM
Both , either /or what is out there ???

taslucas
21st July 2013, 08:40 PM
It's all about your needs mate. There's many varied designs and setups. An awning for a quick shelter, a small rooftop tent for a quick overnight stay, a big roomy freestanding tent for a weekend with the family.........You need to figure out what you want to do and then what you need to do it.
Google images for rooftop tents, 4wd awnings or flick through one of many camping magazines out there

mopper
21st July 2013, 08:43 PM
It's all about your needs mate. There's many varied designs and setups. An awning for a quick shelter, a small rooftop tent for a quick overnight stay, a big roomy freestanding tent for a weekend with the family.........You need to figure out what you want to do and then what you need to do it.
Google images for rooftop tents, 4wd awnings or flick through one of many camping magazines out there

Thanks mate, just looking to set up for weekend camping trips with the boys , and longer stays with a bit more comfort with the handbrake !!

twisty
22nd July 2013, 08:25 AM
roof top tent with annex. awning with mesh on the side. can't leave them behind! buy quality or pay twice.

threedogs
22nd July 2013, 03:42 PM
@ Winnie $165 for a rear 1.6mtr x 2mtr awning on fleabay

@ Mopper saw one on Ebay for $275 that fixes to the end of your awning
very similar to 30 sec tent, then later box off awning sides with mesh $75
great little set up then. I'd just type in "4x4 awnings"

Stropp
22nd July 2013, 03:44 PM
yeh roof top tent for when the handbrake is along and a side awning for weekend stuff or you can still throw the tent up, i use my tent when its no chance of rain and the side awning and swag on the stretcher when it rains that way i dont have to dry the tent when i get home.

threedogs
22nd July 2013, 06:16 PM
No way in Hell would I buy a rooftop tent, drinking or not just the thought of climbing in and out from 2 mtrs, nah can't see it happening.
Having said that I do like the Maggiolino style hard roof tents. I would bolt that to and off road trailer,
only 1mtr off the ground then, hinge it sideways to access trailer.

cokeholic
22nd July 2013, 11:01 PM
Ive just bought a roof top tent and awaning with mozzie netting for just under a grand post some pics when I get a few hours to get it on the car