PDA

View Full Version : what type of patrol do i have?

rix1645
4th January 2011, 07:19 AM
hi guys i have a small problem here cos i have a patrol with model no. URGY60 with the usual 4.2 straight 6 diesel 4x4 and leaf springs both in front and rear
i find it difficult to find it on the web and most of it details.
HEEELLLLPPPP:icon_bonk::blowup::1087:

YNOT
4th January 2011, 07:43 AM
Y60 = GQ.

Tony

patch697
4th January 2011, 07:46 AM
Y60 = GQ.

Tony

Didn't know thay came out in leaf spring Tony, how about you???

YNOT
4th January 2011, 09:20 AM

Utes only Paul.

patch697
4th January 2011, 09:29 AM
Of course I plum forgot......................lolol

AB
4th January 2011, 07:24 PM

I didn't know that either Paul.

Damn you Tony, is there anything you don't know...lol

What is 455,000 multiplied by the square root of a dinosaurs second left toe????

rix1645
5th January 2011, 08:44 AM
hi guys i hope to post some pics of it, and one more thing, its a pick-up

DX grunt
5th January 2011, 08:47 AM
Did somebody mention utes (Pick ups)???? lol

Finly Owner
5th January 2011, 11:17 PM
hi guys i hope to post some pics of it, and one more thing, its a pick-up

See Tony was right

Again

ho hum

the ferret
5th January 2011, 11:36 PM
I didn't know that either Paul.

Damn you Tony, is there anything you don't know...lol

What is 455,000 multiplied by the square root of a dinosaurs second left toe????

Ha ha, If it takes four elephant's foreskins ta make a door mat , how many french letters does a chook have ta swallow ta sh!t a Dunlop tyre??

YNOT
6th January 2011, 06:36 AM
OK you clowns, I couldn't think of a clever way to answer AB's question as I'm hopeless at maths, I thought a square root meant doing it with a nerd but apparently it's a maths term?

Ferret, what I want to know is how you found out how many elephant foreskins it takes to make a door mat?

Tony

the ferret
6th January 2011, 09:38 AM
Took me years ta work that one out Tony, can't just give it away!!!

ShuttleVan1
19th January 2012, 12:48 PM
Its a GQ or GR 3rd generation 1987-1997???

taslucas
19th January 2012, 05:21 PM
Here's some maths.... All the posts in this thread divided by 2 equals the sum of posts that are relative to the thread title lolol!:-)
But seriously, we need to find out a bit more about these "GR's" as the questions keep popping up.

NissanGQ4.2
19th January 2012, 07:12 PM
I would say you have a GQ from your model number, GR could be a GQ or GU it is just how they were badged when they came out in Europe I Believe.

If its square and mean lookin, its a GQ

If its round, looks like a crapota, and you have troubles going over speed bumps its a GU *LMAO*

Don't forget 2 post up an intro about yourself and your rig in the intro section found here: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions

just post a new thread

Cheers

Todd

NoBody
29th January 2012, 04:35 PM
GR is a type-name that's used in Europe (not sure if it counts for the whole continent or just some countries in it; at least in the Netherlands they do).

'GR' on it's own doesn't really say much about what exact type it is; they name both the GQ/Y60 as well as the GU/Y61 'GR'.. If you want to know which of the both it is and you don't know how the car looks, you need to know the year it was built as well. GQ's were built up to late 1997, right after that came the GU.

So, looking at the typecode you gave: There's Y60 in it, which, as YNOT and NissanGQ4.2 stated, probably means that it's a Y60 (thus a GQ as well as a GR).

Would love to see the pictures, especially (but not only) if it's a ute (we don't have GQ utes here)! :smile:

Dirtydog16
18th February 2012, 12:41 PM
can anyone tell me how the GQ (and GU) got there designations as the plate states WRGY60 and WRGY61 (I think or something similar) respectively for a GQ and GU. I spoke to the Nissan dealership and they said that the model is either Y60 or Y61 and that it was never designated as a GQ or GU when for sale. (this might only be the knowledge of that one person though). I have a workshop manual that is for a GQ and everyone knows the cars as a QG but as I said the plate is Y60.

Just out ot interest.

rix1645
3rd April 2012, 07:21 AM
hi you all and sorry for the delay in replying and i've got some pics for you all to see and to get more info for my pick up
thanks guys
ps: i'm in Africa in Ghana with some horrible roads and the tank on the pick up is full of water (1140 lit.)