PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a winch in genuine bar

Remdogg
18th July 2013, 04:57 PM
Hey all

I just bought a 2011 Y61 Patrol that has a factory steel bar and have tried fitting a winch but there is nothing to mount the winch on. Is there a cradle that i need to mount the winch on. There is a place for the fairlead but thats it. I have called a few Nissan dealerships and they said they have no idea.

I need some guidance.

Bloodyaussie
18th July 2013, 05:04 PM
Is it a winch bar mate???

Remdogg
18th July 2013, 05:07 PM
Yeh mate genuine winch bar. I think its called a deluxe bar.

threedogs
18th July 2013, 05:09 PM
You'll have 2 captive nuts under chassis on both sides the winch "cradle "will bolt to that.
Plenty for sale on Ebay, petrol or diesel

Remdogg
18th July 2013, 05:14 PM
Yeh they all say for alloy bullbar, so i take it that its the same thing.

Blownlc
18th July 2013, 05:18 PM
Don't they bolt to the rear of the bar? There should be 4 threaded nuts welded to a plate on the opposite side.

LESS YAP YAP, MORE TAP TAP!!

Bloodyaussie
18th July 2013, 06:09 PM
Photos mate... that helps

MudRunnerTD
18th July 2013, 06:55 PM
Mine bolted straight in. Well upside down and flipped but bolted through the bar.

Top 2 bolts through the bar above the fair lead hole and the lower 2 go through the fair lead and holds itin place as part of the mounting.

Take off the lower plate cover from underneath and you should be able to bolt it straight up mate.

Blownlc
18th July 2013, 07:25 PM
Exactly. That's how I installed mine. It's a bit of a bitch to engage due to the positioning. I also have the genuine Nissan winch bar.

As a point of interest, have a look at the compliance tag. You'll notice it states that only a warn xp9000 is to be fitted.

MudRunnerTD
18th July 2013, 07:28 PM
I have fitted an x9 Super Winch off a 200series cruiser (Toyota factory fit winch)

04OFF
18th July 2013, 09:10 PM
Dont forget if your turning the winch up side down or on its side etc, you may need to modify the water drain hole/s if it has them ,your winch may not last long if you get this wrong.

Blownlc
18th July 2013, 10:13 PM
Oooo. There's something I something I didn't know! I thought they were sealed units? Which part of the winch are you referring to?

04OFF
19th July 2013, 12:13 AM
Some winches are sealed, but......some have a drain hole top and bottom, they seal the top one with goo from factory, so it wont let water in, but when you mount the winch upside down, you now have the hole at the top, and so your now bottom water drain is sealed.

Read your winch manual if you have one, all you have to do is poke out the goo, and silicone the new top hole to stop water getting in, but still have a drain at the bottom.

You may not have to do this at all, but i have heard of people destroying winches by making this little mistake, so i thought id mention it just in case. :biggrin:

Here .....LINK (http://www.aulro.com/afvb/technical-chatter/56549-warn-winch-9-5xp-stopped-working.html)........may give you a idea what im talking about (scroll down for pic)