PDA

View Full Version : Swaybar question gq

mark89
15th July 2013, 09:25 PM
Gday people upon fitting my new suspension on the weekend worked out my car has no front or rear swaybars, which explains the bodyroll.
Local wrecker only has wagon ones in, mine is a gq full coil ute, just seeing if wagon ones will fit?
Was looking at brand new but cant find anything on ebay and auto one/covs will charge an arm and a leg (wreckers quoted 200 with bolts etc etc for front and rear)
Cheers

YNOT
15th July 2013, 10:24 PM
Wagon sway bars will fit. If some one has previously removed the sway bars from your vehicle then you should still have the front chassis brackets attached, if it came from factory without swaybars then you may need to purchase these brackets as well.
Put a wanted ad on here in the appropriate section and you might just get the parts you need very cheaply, sway bars are often removed to get more suspension travel.

mark89
16th July 2013, 12:14 AM
yes the vehicle previously had a 5 inch lift apparently and the swaybars must have been removed, am aware you get more travel and as is now it's not too bad but as i do alot of highway driving i like a bit of comfort and most my 4wding is beach/sand i dont really need huge travel.
Kinda sucks living so far from main cities parts can be tad hard to find, cheers for your info wreckers is chasing up some off a wagon for me this week