PDA

View Full Version : front and rear bumper for gu

Ian2011
15th July 2013, 05:33 PM
I need to reduce the weight of my car to get it engineered with a 6.5 in Vic, is there anyone in Albury/Wodonga region that can help out with me borrowing a plastic front bumper and rear section in the next week or so.

car weighed in at the weighbridge at 2860 kg, need to drop to 2550 real quick

Any help appreciated.

MudRunnerTD
15th July 2013, 06:19 PM
Empty the fuel tanks (120kgs). Remove the dual battery if you have one (25kgs). Take the two carriers off the rear bar if you cant find a bumper (50kgs). Loose the Winch (30kgs), Loose the roof rack (50kgs), loose the spot lights (5kgs), even take out the UHF (2kgs). if you have the 3rd row seats then junk them (30kgs). guessing the weights (312kgs)

LOL you need to loose 310kgs ;) Thats funny! i just rolled all that out and guestamated the weights and came is at 312kgs lol.

What year is your Patrol?

Go to your local ARB or TJM and see what is lying around mate, even swapping for a front alloy bar will be a big saving.

Ian2011
15th July 2013, 06:25 PM
In the process of removing lpg gas tank, just finished removing rear carriers side steps up to 90 kg only 200 odd to go, reckon I can get a bit out of the front bar but need to replace it with something cheaply. roof rack was already off when weighed

its a 99 gu

threedogs
15th July 2013, 06:34 PM
Maybe a local 4x4 shop will lend you front bumper
Worst case cant you increase your GVM? Cuppa just did
X 2 with MR you have heaps you can remove and heavy items too

Ian2011
15th July 2013, 06:37 PM
I thought they only had GVM upgrade springs for cab chassis, if I could up grade that would probably be the easiest but still be expensive plus I need to find the right people in Alb/wod to do in next two weeks as the car has an appointment with an engineer in melb in two weeks, what did cuppa have done?