PDA

View Full Version : h4 HID headlight kit upgrade Gu

Nvd323
14th July 2013, 11:42 PM
hi guys

just wondering if any one has done this to there troll and if so what wattage setup.... im thinking of getting a 75w system but wondering if it may be a bit to bright. any advice would b ace

Cheers Ryan

Drewboyaus
15th July 2013, 12:33 AM
PM Mick, he's your man for HID upgrades.
My 2c: 75W is too much and stick to a lower temp colour such as 4300 or 5000k. You will be less likely to be pinged by the cops.

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

florix
15th July 2013, 01:43 AM
I got mine from mick. 50 watt. They are bright too. 75 is screaming ticket!

Nvd323
15th July 2013, 10:43 AM
yeahh cheers guys lucky i didnt click that buy now button hahah yeahh ill go with the 50 watt then. I wasnt aware that they were illegal???? if anything i think the standard h4 should be ilegal! cant see where im going! or maybe its my eyes going with age :D

threedogs
15th July 2013, 01:06 PM
Its all in the colour you choose I run 100watt HID Bi-xenon and 5000 kelvan, just looks white not blue like the higher colour number,
{heat range} Run the same in my driving lights Nice white lights on country roads.
Stick to 5000K or lower to avoid that "blue" look

Hoggy
7th August 2013, 12:24 AM
yeahh cheers guys lucky i didnt click that buy now button hahah yeahh ill go with the 50 watt then. I wasnt aware that they were illegal???? if anything i think the standard h4 should be ilegal! cant see where im going! or maybe its my eyes going with age :D

Hey mate, just sharing my two cents.....
I recently bought a 50w Xray Vision H4 HID conversion kit for my 98 GU.....cost a small fortune and cooked the reflectors in no time (although I did enjoy the smoke effect swirling around inside the headlights!) Conversions might be suitable for driving lights, but I would never install them in a standard headlight again. I agree, contact Mick and go with the proper projectors. Cost a few bucks to do, but I figure hitting that kangaroo could cost a whole lot more!