PDA

View Full Version : Stolen pride

bigboss
2nd January 2011, 11:30 PM
G'day all! Thought i would spread the word of my recent misfortune... Just under a month ago i recently bought myself a patrol and loved her to pieces! Anyways woke up thursday morning to a phone call from my father telling me that someone had stolen my patrol from the front of my house! She is a 1994 GQ nissan patrol coil cab trayback rego 969EXL i just put brand new 33 inch mickey thompson MTZ on her with sunraiser rims she had 2 inch tough dog springs was a dark blue in colour with black tray had snorkel and tinted windows, was last seen in eleebana which is 20 mintues drive south of newcastle on lake maquarie wednesday night the 18th if anyone has seen her or suspect anyone trying to knock off parts or even know any common places for cars being dumped in the newcastle area please contact me anytime on xxxxxxx greatly appreciate it
Dont get caught out like i did insurance wise, make sure you have fire and theft cover and as i found out the hard way the agreed value through AAMI of a 1994 GQ is only 6000 even though i paid 13000 for mine before tyres and other work not to mention all the kit i had inside the vehicle!
Would hate for anyone else to get caught out as i never saw this coming...
Cheers

patch697
2nd January 2011, 11:36 PM
Real sorry to here about that mate, what an absolute shame.

Im not from your neck of the woods but all the best in finding it & the bastard(s) who took it.

Woof
2nd January 2011, 11:37 PM
Mate what can I say, so sorry to hear that news, hope you get it back OK...............this sort of stuff gives me the S$#@s bloody low life bottom feeders oxygen wastershttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

the ferret
3rd January 2011, 01:53 AM
I call em MAGGOTS, sorry for your loss mate.

NissanGQ4.2
3rd January 2011, 07:22 AM
Sorry 2 hear of the loss of your newish love mate.

Will be up the coast ( near Wyong ) for the next 2 weeks so will keep an eye out.

Hope they catch the basta** and u get your love back in one piece

tonejack0
3rd January 2011, 08:50 AM
I too am sorry to hear about your misfortune mate, it must have turned your stomach over when you heard, hope someone finds it for you. Insurance is a nightmare these days here in the UK too.

DX grunt
3rd January 2011, 09:40 AM
Mate, my thoughts are with you. All the best finding your truck.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Sir Roofy
3rd January 2011, 09:47 AM
sorry hear of your recent loss,gut wrenching as it is keep up ur spirits
and hope you find her

cheers roofy

MQ MAD
3rd January 2011, 10:36 AM
Sorry for your loss
Always upgrade your insurance when improvements are done
I had to let insurance no when i put personal plates on the GQ

I have a similar problem with insurance
They say 8K is the market value for my GQ
6K market value for a GQ ute !!!

Seems that 4x4s in general are easy targets nowadays

Hope ya find it ,and its still in one piece

Maxhead
3rd January 2011, 11:53 AM
Bloody mongrels, sorry to hear mate.
I know it's a small chance but hope you get your truck back mate. Or find a new better one

gibbon
3rd January 2011, 12:19 PM
thats f#$ked mate
i live just up the road (tingy hts) will keep n eye out n pass it on 2 a few boys i no around newy with patrols 2 keep n eye out
do u no all the local dump spots 4 stolen cars like hillsbrough quarry ,jewels evan out killingworth etc thats were we found our mates cars when stolen

AB
3rd January 2011, 09:10 PM
That sux mate, as eevryone has mentioned I'm sorry for your loss.

I don't want to know how I would react to that so get the word out like you are doing and best of luck!

Finly Owner
3rd January 2011, 10:45 PM
Have you got VIN? watch for parts on Ebay, trading post online, oz auction, etc. Is there any Big swap meets due there soon?

Best of luck in recovery?

Tim

DX grunt
4th January 2011, 09:26 PM
Any news bigboss? That sux hey. How much fuel did you have in it?

AB
4th January 2011, 09:30 PM
Just keep your eye out on forums like this, ebay, etc for parts off your truck they may be trying to sell too.

tracemul7
6th January 2011, 12:04 PM
Sorry for your loss
Always upgrade your insurance when improvements are done
I had to let insurance no when i put personal plates on the GQ

Couldn't agree more!
Hope you get it back - and hope it's all ok!

Our old Ford Telstar was stolen and returned with a flick-knife, stolen mobile phone boxes and anti-fungal cream inside!!!!!!!
But we quickly sold it, and got our patrol :D

Bigrig
9th January 2011, 09:03 AM
Mate - what a rip on all counts ... sorry to hear about the misfortune, but thanks for sharing it and letting people in on some pitfalls that I reckon are around all our insurance deals, no matter how good they seem (IMHO).

bigboss
12th January 2011, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the supprt guys! Have not heard anything from police and tomorrow being thursday the 13th is the 14 day waiting period of so i guess i will collect my lousy 4500 and put it towards another patrol and get my self on the road again : ) Will make her hard to steal thats for sure!

AB
12th January 2011, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the supprt guys! Have not heard anything from police and tomorrow being thursday the 13th is the 14 day waiting period of so i guess i will collect my lousy 4500 and put it towards another patrol and get my self on the road again : ) Will make her hard to steal thats for sure!

Shame mate, 4500 won't cover your old girl but start fresh and good luck!

Woof
12th January 2011, 08:47 PM
So sorry to hear that mate, we were all hoping that you were going to have a happy ending to this.
Wish you all the best in finding a new Patrol mate.

Finly Owner
13th January 2011, 12:34 AM
Just don't buy yours back as a reborn.. hahaaa. Sorry someones gotta make you laugh. So I might as well try. Best luckk finding something.

Mrricsta25
16th January 2011, 05:03 AM
sorry to hear of these unfortunate events. in have found aami o be one of the worst insurance companies i go through cgu insurance and have my gu 1998 2.8L TD insured for $13,000.
hope you get your rig back mate
rick

bigboss
20th February 2011, 12:49 AM
Got myself another patrol and lovin it, she's a 98 GQ coil cab 4.2L with 3"tough dog lift, 2.5 "extractors , 33"inch Dick C's on 16"sunnies, custom tray with water tank under and i still have plenty more to do : ) Good times

AB
20th February 2011, 01:19 AM
Got myself another patrol and lovin it, she's a 98 GQ coil cab 4.2L with 3"tough dog lift, 2.5 "extractors , 33"inch Dick C's on 16"sunnies, custom tray with water tank under and i still have plenty more to do : ) Good times

Good stuff mate.

Love to see some pics if you get a chance!

Maxhead
20th February 2011, 08:53 AM

Good work mate. Pics please, when you're ready....

Dhuck
20th February 2011, 09:42 AM
Good to hear mate. Go and enjoy.

Sir Roofy
20th February 2011, 10:13 AM
lock her up good and go play enjoy your new rig

Bigrig
20th February 2011, 10:16 AM
Good stuff mate - yes, some happy snaps please!! Sorry you got jarred on the insurance, but alls well that ends well ...

bigboss
20th February 2011, 03:47 PM
Not real sure how to put pics up in this thread as the pics are on my comp not a url?

Bigrig
20th February 2011, 03:55 PM
Not real sure how to put pics up in this thread as the pics are on my comp not a url?

Hey mate - not sure if there's an easier way, but if you click on the "Go Advanced" button down the bottom right of the post screen (when you are adding a post), you can select the insert pictures button and select them from any location on your PC. JUst tried to find the "real" instructions with no luck. Hope that helps.

big_fletch
20th February 2011, 04:01 PM
Sorry to hear about this mate, hopefully then can find it so you don't have to start again..
Best of luck mate