PDA

View Full Version : Ute/Trayback section

DX grunt
2nd January 2011, 04:54 PM
Welcome to the new ute/trayback section.

Thanks to our Administrator, AB, this section has been born.

Feel free to post pics or ask any questions.

Take care out there.

Ross

NissanGQ4.2
2nd January 2011, 04:56 PM
Ross mate, your in the wrong section, this is the new Ute section

Nissan Patrol Utes (http://www.beaututes.com/)

DX grunt
2nd January 2011, 05:02 PM
You're kidding ???? I thought AB started the 'new' section under General Discussion..... Ute/Trayback Section .... General chats about Nissan Patrol utes and traybacks section

Please correct me if I'm wrong?????

Maxhead
2nd January 2011, 05:13 PM
HAHAH, bloody classic!!!

NissanGQ4.2
2nd January 2011, 05:31 PM
You're kidding ???? I thought AB started the 'new' section under General Discussion..... Ute/Trayback Section .... General chats about Nissan Patrol utes and traybacks section

Serious Ross, wrong section, haven't you followed the correct link yet?

AB
2nd January 2011, 05:38 PM

He's only stirring you Rossco...lol

DX grunt
2nd January 2011, 05:46 PM
He's only stirring you Rossco...lol

Well, he's still got the last laugh coz I signed up on the other forum. LOL -not LOL - not

You bloody better turn up at the 2012 gathering Todd. We need to have a quiet word, behind the shed!!!! lol

Give me 5 minutes and I'll recompose myself and be back. lol

MudRunnerTD
2nd January 2011, 05:53 PM
Knock Knock! anyone there? Damn they all must be behind the shed? wonder whats happening back there?

LMAO Todd he near on had a cow mate, that other forum will be full of P platers and B&S boys playing with big aerials and stuff... i suppose they all have UHF so that counts for something????

Oh they play on Channel 40 though and pretend to be truckies in commodores with bull bars. Funny as.

Hey ross! Did ya sort him out mate?

AB
2nd January 2011, 05:56 PM
Knock Knock! anyone there? Damn they all must be behind the shed? wonder whats happening back there?

LMAO Todd he near on had a cow mate, that other forum will be full of P platers and B&S boys playing with big aerials and stuff... i suppose they all have UHF so that counts for something????

Oh they play on Channel 40 though and pretend to be truckies in commodores with bull bars. Funny as.

I can't stand those guys ruining beautiful utes, Along with the 17 aerials and 49 thousand stickers.

DX grunt
2nd January 2011, 06:03 PM

I think there's a glitch in the system some where. lol. I've settled down now and appologise Todd. I never was any good at talking behind the shed. lol.

Todd needs to talk to AB. Please.

NissanGQ4.2
2nd January 2011, 06:22 PM
Ross, clean out your inbox, Sum1 from the technical section of beaututes.com is trying to PM u for sum reason

NissanGQ4.2
2nd January 2011, 07:28 PM
Where's Ross, has he disappeared 2 the new Ute / Tray back section??????

DX grunt
2nd January 2011, 07:34 PM
Where's Ross, has he disappeared 2 the new Ute / Tray back section??????

I'm back. Just out watering the lawn, by hand. lol

DX grunt
2nd January 2011, 07:38 PM
Let's start again.....

Thanks to our Administrator, AB, this thread was born.

Feel free to look and chat about what you have, know about, or, dream about

Welcome to the Ute/Trayback Section.

Take care out there.
Ross

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/DXgrunt/Dxgruntwithnametags002.jpg

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/DXgrunt/DX%20grunt/Mytruck18Jun2010012.jpg

Woof
2nd January 2011, 07:47 PM
Thanks heaps AB, that may stop the Uteys from whinging matehttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

NissanGQ4.2
2nd January 2011, 08:49 PM
didn't you like my section Ross????

AB
2nd January 2011, 08:50 PM
Rossco, can you sleep fully strecthed out in the pod?

DX grunt
2nd January 2011, 09:07 PM
Rossco, can you sleep fully strecthed out in the pod?

I can. It's nearly 2m long

metty
3rd January 2011, 12:13 AM
Good to see us ute drivers now have our own section.
Thanks to all.

Cheers

Metty

MQ MAD
3rd January 2011, 10:54 AM
So this is a "NEW" Section for ute owners ???
OR
A Section for "NEW" Ute owners ???

Im a bit worried about some of you blokes
2,000 post count is like the mile high club
And now some want to take others behind the shed

Whats next ???
Dont tell me some go to the mardi gras
Wanted "Members" to "Stand" on the floats ???

AB
3rd January 2011, 09:07 PM
OR

Whats next ???

It's a new section for ute owners.

I'm about to put up another thread for float enquries soon mate...lol.

Sir Roofy
3rd January 2011, 09:29 PM
Allthe best for your ute section ross

cheers roofy

Finly Owner
3rd January 2011, 10:39 PM
Probably 1sl "n" last visit to this thread, as I drive something else.............................................. ..............................

DX grunt
4th January 2011, 09:29 PM
OR

Whats next ???

Naughty boy. lol

DX grunt
4th January 2011, 09:35 PM
Bump.

Right u lot. This is how it works (lol) We make up the rules as we grow.

Feel free to contribute constructively and don't believe anything Toddrhind says.

They're the only rules.

Take care out there.

If it's not a GUtey, it's a GQtey !!!!!

MQ MAD
5th January 2011, 08:05 AM
AB,
Yeah sorry there bud, but ill pass on the vacant position on your mardi gras float LOL

Im sure if you ask around ya mite find some candidates LOL

Can i join in the fun here ???

Ive got an MK tey

AB
5th January 2011, 09:11 AM
AB,
Yeah sorry there bud, but ill pass on the vacant position on your mardi gras float LOL

Ive got an MK tey

Join in mate, go nuts!

DX grunt
5th January 2011, 09:41 AM
AB,

Ive got an MK tey

My humble apologies MK. My knowledge of utes doesn't go back that far. Of course you can join in the fun.

Ross

DX grunt
5th January 2011, 09:43 AM
Probably 1sl "n" last visit to this thread, as I drive something else.............................................. ..............................

I don't think that's quite true Finly. You won't be able to help yourself to pop in for a squiz every now and again. lol

NissanGQ4.2
5th January 2011, 03:38 PM
Not much happening in this thread, think i might pop into this thread (http://www.vicstreetutes.com/forum/portal.php) instead.

DX grunt
5th January 2011, 04:29 PM
Not much happening in this thread, think i might pop into this thread (http://www.vicstreetutes.com/forum/portal.php) instead.

OK I got sucked into going to the link.

I would like to make several points about me joining that thread.
1. I'm not on P plates
2. I'm too old
3. I don't own an illegal (in WA) 5 post bullbar
4. I couldn't see any Patrol Ute's on there
5. I'm not getting sucked into joining that forum like I did with the Beaut Utes Forum.

End of Rant.

Anyway Todd, get back to your family, you're on holidays!!! lol

Take care bro.

NissanGQ4.2
5th January 2011, 04:40 PM
Ross u didn't seriously follow the link did u *LMAO*

MQ MAD
6th January 2011, 11:52 PM
So a dedicated ute thread hey fellas
YIPPIE

So what annoys ya more than buying that elusive barn find ute to only find after getting it goin after 4 years of barn service to find the oilcooler leaks oil in the sump
Gives ya the irrites hey
Oh well drop the turbo donk in and all good hey

DX grunt
7th January 2011, 12:29 AM
So a dedicated ute thread hey fellas
YIPPIE

So what annoys ya more than buying that elusive barn find ute to only find after getting it goin after 4 years of barn service to find the oilcooler leaks oil in the sump
Gives ya the irrites hey
Oh well drop the turbo donk in and all good hey

Sounds good MQ. Keep us up to date.

Hopetown Pub
17th March 2011, 01:56 AM
G'day fellas, i've got a 2002 dx coil ute turbo with intercooler . On a trip usually weigh in at about 2.7 to 3.0 tonne. Havent got a lift yet and still have the standard suspension, so as u people would proberly know it sags a bit in the rear. Looking to get a 2'' lift. Any suggestions about shocks and coils to use.

Cheers , Frank in the Flinders.

YNOT
17th March 2011, 08:19 AM
G'day fellas, i've got a 2002 dx coil ute turbo with intercooler . On a trip usually weigh in at about 2.7 to 3.0 tonne. Havent got a lift yet and still have the standard suspension, so as u people would proberly know it sags a bit in the rear. Looking to get a 2'' lift. Any suggestions about shocks and coils to use.

Cheers , Frank in the Flinders.

Talk to Zordo - check this link; http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?3256-4wd-suspension

Tony

Cuppa
18th March 2011, 10:33 PM
Hey Ross, how much weight do you need to carry around in the back to stop the back end bouncing around on bumps & corrugations?

Cuppa

GUte
19th March 2011, 03:56 AM
Whats the weight of a cab chassis from factory?

DX grunt
20th March 2011, 06:51 PM
Hey Ross, how much weight do you need to carry around in the back to stop the back end bouncing around on bumps & corrugations?

Cuppa
What can I say. It's a ute. I've still got standard cheesecutters with the split rims. I try to keep the back fuel tank (main) full and keep the water container underneath on the back l/h side full.
I also run my tyre pressures at 45psi. I love driving on gravel and ALWAYS have my hubs locked into H4 when on gravel.

Hope that helps. How's your new truck going?

Ross

DX grunt
20th March 2011, 06:52 PM
Whats the weight of a cab chassis from factory?

Not sure Gary.

You might have to Google it or ring a caring Nissan dealer.

Ross

Cuppa
30th March 2011, 02:11 PM
My ex telstra ute was making 'knocking noises' when driving over corrugations, but once on smoother road no noise. I wondered if shock absorber rubbers were flogged out.
Nope - found the problem (I think) this morning. There are 10 bolts that hold the canopy onto the chassis. 7 of them were loose, allowing the canopy to 'jump' up & down on the chassis.
Now all tightened. Had to remove the undertray gas storage box to access 2 of them.

Is it worth having a dedicated ex telstra ute thread do you think? (Not sure how many here own one). I'm sure I'll have more questions about Telstra electrics etc in the future (eg. did yours have the alarm switches on the canopy doors, & if so where do the wires from the switches go to?) & I'm never sure if I should keep 'butting in' to DX Grunt threads.

regards
Cuppa

YNOT
30th March 2011, 02:27 PM
I don't think there would be enough demand to give ex Telstra utes there own section but you could always just start a seperate thread here in the ute section for them.
Any questions you have you just need to start a thread in the appropriate section and someone will help you. If you start an ex Telstra thread then you can ask Telstra specific questions there.

Glad to hear you fixed the knocking noise.

Tony

DX grunt
30th March 2011, 05:00 PM
I'm happy to go with the flow. Talking about alarmed pod doors........ I went over a corrugated road the other day and my right hand pod door (bifold one) alarm wouldn't shut up. I had to stop and bend the sensor a bit. All sorted now. Doesn't do it on bitumen, just gravel.

DX grunt
30th March 2011, 05:03 PM

I'm never sure if I should keep 'butting in' to DX Grunt threads.

regards
Cuppa

Doesn't worry me in the slightest, Cuppa.

The forum's really moving forward and I'd like to keep stuff relatively close together. Some days I come on here at the start of the day, and by the end of the day, my post is back to page 3, 4 or 5. lol. It's great. I just don't want our information to be 'lost in the system'

Ross

Maxhead
30th March 2011, 05:12 PM
Hey Ross, the truck looks the goods now mate. Nice setup for self sufficient trips. Well done

DX grunt
30th March 2011, 05:27 PM
Hey Ross, the truck looks the goods now mate. Nice setup for self sufficient trips. Well done

Thanks Kris. I'm really, really happy. Need to do a bit more, but I'll be drinking coldies from it sooner rather than later. lol

Cuppa
30th March 2011, 08:10 PM
Thanks Guys.

Talking about alarmed pod doors........ I went over a corrugated road the other day and my right hand pod door (bifold one) alarm wouldn't shut up.

Whereabouts is the alarm located? I think mine has been disconnected. I drove down the yard with the left hand pod door open without realising the other day. The alarm would be a good idea I think.

Cuppa

thepunter1
4th April 2011, 09:39 PM
Hi,

Sorry to jump in here. I have an Obeco ex NSW police service body and the alarms on the doors have been disabled. I had a bit of a look the other weekend but I could not work it out. I would be interested in knowing how it is wired up. I was driving in the bush a couple of week ago and the mounted upside down drop handle fell down and unlatched the door. I had to lock the door to stop this from happening. I think an alarm with a relay off the ignition would be useful.

Regards,
David.

DX grunt
4th April 2011, 09:54 PM
Hi,

Sorry to jump in here. I have an Obeco ex NSW police service body and the alarms on the doors have been disabled. I had a bit of a look the other weekend but I could not work it out. I would be interested in knowing how it is wired up. I was driving in the bush a couple of week ago and the mounted upside down drop handle fell down and unlatched the door. I had to lock the door to stop this from happening. I think an alarm with a relay off the ignition would be useful.

Regards,
David.

G'day David.

Not sure of the NSW cops set up. Mine's an ex Telstra Truck with a pod made from Roscos. The doors on both sides of the pod are armed to the cab so that when the door has been left open, or is closed but not locked, a high pitched buzzer in the cab goes troppo and a big yellow light comes on that kills your night vision. I don't have to lock mine, but the doors have to be closed and the handles turned to the locked position (without having to physically lock it with the key).

Hope this helps.

Don't forget to go to the Introductions Section and introduce yourself and tell us where you're from and we'd appreciate a pic or two of your truck.

Take care out there.

Ross

GUtsy ute
6th April 2011, 09:37 PM
Hi Ross,
My original Telstra ute was all white(naturally), We did a Kimberley trip with it before changing the canopy to the t
the coil cab.
It is Pewter coloured and I am not keen on painting the canopy as the white keeps it cool inside even in the
full sun,I guees it's going to be two tone for a long time.
Thanks for the link to your rig, it looks great, you're going to have a top set up.
If you are like me it will be a never ending project, always some thing new to add on or change.
I was chatting with Cuppa last year on the other forum when he was looking at utes, I see his rig in this
thread.
Looking forward to seeing more of your build up as it progresses.

Cuppa,
My leaf sprung ute had a huge amount of overload spring leaves fitted from new for Telstra.
I took them all out and fitted a set of air bags. Greatly improved the ride and you vary the pressure in the
bags to suit the load you're carrying at the time. 5psi empty to 25psi fully loaded.

Cheers Gavin

DX grunt
6th April 2011, 09:42 PM
Thanks Gavin.

I'm too old to splash too much mud on it now. Looking for it to be a camper. When mine's due for a respray, it'll be white again. It's too hard to match colours.

Stay tuned for the mods. Still gotta couple of bills to pay off before I move forward. lol

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

GUtsy ute
6th April 2011, 10:10 PM
Here is a couple of pics from a recent trip in Northen New South Wales

madk1w1
11th April 2011, 08:24 PM
GUtsy nice rig mate! looks ideal camping rig

madk1w1
11th April 2011, 09:02 PM
:oops:I haven't been on her and confirmed my uteness:1087:
When I happen to be home the daily drive is a 93 ST TD42 trayback, 2inch OME lift no front panhard 32inch bighorns(fornow) dual batts using redarc solenoid, ARB front bar self made steps/slider and scrub bars,Piranah head light kit, spot lights -rally 1000's it's a 4wd not a race car can't out drive em no need to be brighter, new deck under construction complete with 95L fuel tank, 85Lwater tank, 20l air tank-2 side 1 bullbar air outlet , on the bench is a new ARB front locker and Sanden compressor to mod as an endless air unit.
On the wish list
bigger feet, 33-35
higher lift, not too much still need to be practicle
Slide on camper
A turbo, or complete turboed TD42
More time to enjoy it

YNOT
11th April 2011, 09:10 PM
:oops:I haven't been on her and confirmed my uteness:1087:
When I happen to be home the daily drive is a 93 ST TD42 trayback, 2inch OME lift no front panhard 32inch bighorns(fornow) dual batts using redarc solenoid, ARB front bar self made steps/slider and scrub bars,Piranah head light kit, spot lights -rally 1000's it's a 4wd not a race car can't out drive em no need to be brighter, new deck under construction complete with 95L fuel tank, 85Lwater tank, 20l air tank-2 side 1 bullbar air outlet , on the bench is a new ARB front locker and Sanden compressor to mod as an endless air unit.
On the wish list
bigger feet, 33-35
higher lift, not too much still need to be practicle
Slide on camper
A turbo, or complete turboed TD42
More time to enjoy it

I'm really hoping you mean "no front sway bar" instead of panhard?

Tony

madk1w1
11th April 2011, 10:14 PM
whoops spot on Ynot!!
bloody JD's dislexia stirkes again

DX grunt
11th April 2011, 10:48 PM
Hey, is that a solar panel on top of your pod?

Ross
DX grunt

yort
30th July 2011, 02:10 PM
what about those of us that have had to have surgery?

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af294/TroyAE/DSC_0188.jpg
http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af294/TroyAE/DSC_0186.jpg
http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af294/TroyAE/DSC_0164.jpg

troy

DX grunt
30th July 2011, 02:44 PM
Nice pics and flex, Troy.

You confused me at first. I've never seen a GQ convertible before. lol

Well done.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Bigrig
30th July 2011, 02:49 PM

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af294/TroyAE/DSC_0186.jpg
http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af294/TroyAE/DSC_0164.jpg

troy

Nice rig mate!!!!

growler2058
30th July 2011, 04:05 PM
Very neat lookin chop mate i like it alot:bigthumbup::bigthumbup::bigthumbup:

YNOT
30th July 2011, 04:18 PM

troy

It's a ute and a bloody nice one at that, so it definately deserves to be here.
Is that a full bubble or half bubble back wall?

Tony

yort
1st August 2011, 12:18 PM
thanks guys, full bubble factory back wall and I've got masses of room behind the rear seats :) anyone from FNQ?

yort
1st August 2011, 05:18 PM
I drove into that rut and ran out of traction had to use the winch to lift the front up and forward about 300mm, as soon as I got traction I drove out grinning like a fool :)

yort
6th August 2011, 09:37 PM
dam it's quite in here :)

mgec
14th May 2015, 05:54 PM
Can any one tel me who has a second hand Telstra service body for an 05 coily can chassis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macca
14th May 2015, 06:15 PM
Can any one tel me who has a second hand Telstra service body for an 05 coily can chassis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will need one off a coil Ute as the number of mount points is different. I am not sure, but Telstra Nissan Ute with pods are leafy models. You need to check that or modify a pod if you find one. They do turn up on eBay occasionally

DX grunt
16th May 2015, 11:58 PM
You will need one off a coil Ute as the number of mount points is different. I am not sure, but Telstra Nissan Ute with pods are leafy models. You need to check that or modify a pod if you find one. They do turn up on eBay occasionally

Mine's an ex Telstra 2005, 4.2 TDi ute, with a pod on the back and has coils on the front and leafs (10 - I think) on the back.

Rossco

Cuppa
17th May 2015, 09:45 AM
As with DX G, mine is a leafy. Haven’t seen a Telstra pod on a coil chassis, not sure there is such a thing. If you did fit one you would need to factor in the lower GVM of the coil cab.