PDA

View Full Version : EOI VIC snow trip

Winnie
10th July 2013, 06:23 PM
Well I think we're due for another meetup gents? And it is winter...... Vic High Country snow trip anyone!?
Not experienced in snow driving or anything related to snow really..... when would be the best time to go (when there is the most snow)? Next month some time? Where would be a good location? Maybe a Friday/Saturday night thing? I'm keen to give it a go! Who's in?
Suggestions of time/location?

Bloodyaussie
10th July 2013, 06:25 PM
Think I might be up for this????

Bloodyaussie
10th July 2013, 06:30 PM
I think I will say yes but my birthday is on the 18th Aug and if it is then and the boss wont come then I will be in trouble??

I think we all need a breather from the daily grind and meet up and do what we do well!!!!!!!!

Winnie
10th July 2013, 06:32 PM
This can be your bday present!

AB
10th July 2013, 06:36 PM
Alright count me in...lets do it!!!

I have a couple of birthdays in August but should swindle something.

Giddy up!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Winnie
10th July 2013, 06:38 PM
Will Daz bring the GQ? Well he won't be bringing the GU because that's broken now...... wait isn't the GQ still broken? He's just a wrecker!!!
LMAO sorry Daz, but I think you'll be the one in the know for time/location?

threedogs
10th July 2013, 06:40 PM
Shite too F'ing cold and you want to sleep out in it, mad I say totally mad.
Best time to go is after snow melts.LOL

Check if you can grab a hut

Bloodyaussie
10th July 2013, 06:46 PM
Ya big girls blouse John..... here is a spoon of concrete for ya!!!!!!

Did it last year with Irish and another mate and we had a ball!!

Winnie
10th July 2013, 06:50 PM
Where did you go?

MudRunnerTD
10th July 2013, 06:53 PM
Love camping In the snow! Awesome stuff

Regards

The newest Nissan Patrol Wreckers in Vic!
MRWrecker.com

;)

AB
10th July 2013, 07:00 PM
lol.....I actually looked up that website and it redirected to a homeloan company...BAHAHA

Bloodyaussie
10th July 2013, 07:24 PM
Love camping In the snow! Awesome stuff

Regards

The newest Nissan Patrol Wreckers in Vic!
MRWrecker.com

;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJGSk9NXJIg

You suck!!!!!!!!!

taslucas
10th July 2013, 07:33 PM
I have a couple of birthdays in August but should swindle something.

No wonder your getting old so fast

FanTapstic!

chester
10th July 2013, 10:47 PM
Camp in the snow Bugger that :)
When you thinking about going????

Alitis007
10th July 2013, 11:26 PM
I'll be up for a snow trip, never been to the snow ever so should be fun.

BigRAWesty
10th July 2013, 11:38 PM
Did you guys hear what happened to Daz?

Your all crazy

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Bloodyaussie
11th July 2013, 07:52 AM
Did you guys hear what happened to Daz?

Your all crazy

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)
We are Victorians mate and the snow is here every year!!!!!!

Must suck not having the high country in your back yard..

Good one George so the seed I planted has sunk in, glad you can make it.. need to do a few things to be ready for this mate!!

Alitis007
11th July 2013, 08:46 AM

Good one George so the seed I planted has sunk in, glad you can make it.. need to do a few things to be ready for this mate!!

Yeh i'll do my best to stay more then a day but i need to save up over 1500 for my insurance so accessories i had planned on getting are on the back burner......

threedogs
11th July 2013, 08:52 AM
FYI Beware of yellow snow,
The 4x4 club I'm in have "the nude tunnel ballers club" and do the snow trip once a year
Thought the Video was Pen and Teller lol re check it

liftlid
11th July 2013, 11:20 AM
I'm in, need a couple of weeks to put bits back on my car, how hard do you want to go?, i'm happy to meet up at a campground (swag trip) south of lake Eilden Friday night then head for the snow sat night, done a few of these trips love em, cant wait, dates in aug would be great.

liftlid
11th July 2013, 11:59 AM
some photos to inspire you!

Winnie
11th July 2013, 12:12 PM
That's awesome! That's the type of thing I'm talking about!! Where is that and what time of year was it? Thinking that depending on number of people interested we could try snag a hut? Might be a few too many people though

Trying to use Motorculture

MudRunnerTD
11th July 2013, 01:34 PM
That's awesome! That's the type of thing I'm talking about!! Where is that and what time of year was it? Thinking that depending on number of people interested we could try snag a hut? Might be a few too many people though

That was mid Winter about 3 seasons ago. Awesome trip! about 8inches of snow fall over night! pm you the location

Bloodyaussie
11th July 2013, 01:43 PM
Cmon winnie set a date..... I have a family I have to suck up to plus a few mechanical things to sort...9th 10th 11th suites me???

threedogs
11th July 2013, 01:45 PM
You do know you can kiss the twig and berries goodbye, zero degrees is not fun sorry.
Ever seen dumb and dumber on the mini bike. Liftlid seems to know what its about,
might need to have a get together to get a rough idea where to go, with a plan B and Plan C
just in case. too cold for me I even hate going to the Chalet, give me Darwin any day

BigRAWesty
11th July 2013, 02:56 PM

I do wish we had that sorta stuff, but I also love the 200 odd k's of beach driving and fishing spots I have in my backyard.. :p

One day ill do the snow with ya's

trying to use MC crappa

lhurley
11th July 2013, 04:24 PM
If it was the weekend of the 17/18 i would love to come. I will be in melb, for a snow trip, and wanted to do some 4 wheel driving down there. Room for a northerner to tag alone??

liftlid
11th July 2013, 05:19 PM
Don't need a hut, everybody takes a bag of fire wood, I had my swag in the tent as I had bronchitis and I got too hot. I can tell you what to take if that's what is decided to do.
ask mudrunner if he has any photos of his car stuck? I couldn't find one so I posted one of my car stuck, snow was deeper here than I thought!!!

MudRunnerTD
11th July 2013, 05:30 PM
Don't need a hut, everybody takes a bag of fire wood, I had my swag in the tent as I had bronchitis and I got too hot. I can tell you what to take if that's what is decided to do.
ask mudrunner if he has any photos of his car stuck? I couldn't find one so I posted one of my car stuck, snow was deeper here than I thought!!!

See!!! ^^^^^^^^ That Bloke right there ^^^^^^^^ He has seen the GQ! True storey!

Winnie
11th July 2013, 05:57 PM
Okay boys lock in the 9th, 10th and 11th into your calendars! Where are we going?

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

liftlid
11th July 2013, 06:06 PM
What. Standard of trip do you want to run medium/hard/extreme?
We could meet up and camp Friday east of marysville or night run over mountains your call

Winnie
11th July 2013, 06:14 PM
Well I would say hard? Certainly not extreme but yeah probably medium/hard. I honestly have no idea where we'd be able to find snow, you sound more in the know there? Sounds like a good central location though that is not too far for everybody to travel. I think we'd be better off camping Friday night because I know that some of us (like me) will not be able to take Friday off so will not get there until late and will be grumpy, tired and hungry lmao.
Those photos that you posted though mate look awesome and that is exactly what I want to do?

liftlid
11th July 2013, 06:28 PM
9/10/11 aug is fine with me also

AB
11th July 2013, 06:31 PM
If it was the weekend of the 17/18 i would love to come. I will be in melb, for a snow trip, and wanted to do some 4 wheel driving down there. Room for a northerner to tag alone??

Change the dates mate and come on down...more than welcome!!!

AB
11th July 2013, 06:31 PM
9/10/11 aug is fine with me also

X2 bring it on gents!!

Bloodyaussie
11th July 2013, 06:34 PM
Winnie set the location then start a new thread with all the details.... or do you want me to show you how to arrange a meet up mate!!!!! he he!!!

MudRunnerTD
11th July 2013, 06:38 PM
I think I would need it later in the month.

Winnie
11th July 2013, 06:43 PM
Nah Daz just put more hours into the GQ she'll be right mate! We could do Mt Useful? There'd be heaps of snow around, and camp somewhere along McEvoy's track.
What do you think Liftlid? How much snow would be around the areas you're talking about?

MudRunnerTD
11th July 2013, 06:46 PM
Yeah I think I have a clash that weekend?? Need to check the diary. Also juggling the GUIV right now too.

AB
11th July 2013, 06:47 PM
Yeah I think I have a clash that weekend?? Need to check the diary. Also juggling the GUIV right now too.

Don't be silly Daz, bring the GU up here mate I'll straighten that puppy for you....BAHAHA

Winnie
11th July 2013, 06:48 PM
Another suggestion is Dargo/Licola area. Heaps of snow further up Tamboritha Rd towards the Pinnacles.

Winnie
11th July 2013, 06:48 PM
Hook two GQs up to it and drive full noise in opposite directions...... LMAO that would work I'm sure of it!

liftlid
11th July 2013, 06:52 PM
Looks like Friday night is sorted , plenty of places to camp, decide when number of car's going known. Where to go sat will depend on weather. Call it a medium / hard trip I guess. You don't need a comp truck to do the snow just some lift and decent rubber. First car does all the hard work.

Winnie
11th July 2013, 06:52 PM
Okay my vote is to go through Licola towards the Pinnacles. These photos are half way between Licola and the pinnacles a few weeks ago. My brother in law (nissan) and his old man (toyota)

Sir Roofy
11th July 2013, 06:53 PM
I wont be there the calender is full a fishing trip then a week in the gatta

boots
11th July 2013, 06:55 PM
When are you goin in the gatta roofy ?

liftlid
11th July 2013, 06:56 PM
Amount of snow will depend on the weather a couple of weeks before we just need somewhere to camp Friday night

Sir Roofy
11th July 2013, 07:01 PM
when are you goin in the gatta roofy ?

the 17th till the 24th

Winnie
11th July 2013, 07:15 PM
Okay my vote is to go through Licola towards the Pinnacles. These photos are half way between Licola and the pinnacles a few weeks ago. My brother in law (nissan) and his old man (toyota)

what does everybody think of this?

Bloodyaussie
11th July 2013, 07:17 PM
Yes.... make it so Winnie and they will come... dont give em to many options or they will never agree!!!!!

Winnie
11th July 2013, 07:19 PM
Just need SOME feedback lmao. I would be able to go for a drive the weekend before to suss out the situation with snow and pick a campsite too.

lhurley
11th July 2013, 07:23 PM
Change the dates mate and come on down...more than welcome!!!

i could go for a day trip on the 10th. Cant really camp as i have others with me, and have to go to the ski fields on the 11th.

Failing that, if anyone is keen to go the next weekend for a day trip anywhere in melb i would love to come.

liftlid
11th July 2013, 07:51 PM
You just need to know where the snow line comes down to and where you will camp close enough to Melbourne Friday night, there will be enough people with experience on the trip to sort out the rest on the day. Once you set the date it will happen.

looks like I would also be available on the 23/24/25 aug

Winnie
11th July 2013, 07:59 PM
Licola is a good 3 hours from Melbourne.... Camp sites are another ~30 mins from there.

Alitis007
11th July 2013, 09:16 PM
Coz i dont have a lift does that mean if i came i would be a pain in the rrrss and compromise the fun ???

liftlid
11th July 2013, 09:25 PM
if your willing, so am I, in deep snow the big trucks push down the snow, making the road, want good rubber though. might not be any snow you never know.

MudRunnerTD
11th July 2013, 09:30 PM
23 is probably going to be better for me too guys.

Might even try and have the GQ ready for this.......

GQ? What GQ?

Alitis007
11th July 2013, 10:14 PM
if your willing, so am I, in deep snow the big trucks push down the snow, making the road, want good rubber though. might not be any snow you never know.

Mate call me Mr plow! Lol i'll give almost anything a go unless i'm told otherwise if the boys think i'm not going to be a burden then i'll be there.

Rubber is not an issue i've got a play set of 33" bfg's......

Alitis007
11th July 2013, 10:19 PM
23 is probably going to be better for me too guys.

Might even try and have the GQ ready for this.......

GQ? What GQ?

Hey Daz need a hand ?? I just bought a new spray gun today so i'm hanging to use it lol nah i'll practicing to use it on my bro's car within the week......

Bloodyaussie
11th July 2013, 11:03 PM
Hey Daz need a hand ?? I just bought a new spray gun today so i'm hanging to use it lol nah i'll practicing to use it on my bro's car within the week......

Scary?????? day glow orange!!!!

Alitis007
11th July 2013, 11:10 PM
Scary?????? day glow orange!!!!

Nah i'm thinking either Yellow Blaze or Wild Violet OR Candy Orange
Over silver

Or brake it up and go totally nuts

Bloodyaussie
12th July 2013, 07:47 AM
I like orange... my lux was orange!!

C'mon Winnie set a date I really do need to know as I have a lot on at the moment?

Need to try and fix and fit the awning I got for my 40th that fell apart the first time I went to use it??? bloody frickin ruckin rah rah rah!!!

Winnie
12th July 2013, 07:50 AM
Dates are 9,10,11 of august

Bloodyaussie
12th July 2013, 07:52 AM

Yahoo.. are you going to start a new thread..eg: Victorian High country snow trip Aug 9th...

Winnie
12th July 2013, 08:50 AM
I will when a location is decided lol. What do people think of Licola? Could shoot over to Dargo easily.

Bloodyaussie
12th July 2013, 09:33 AM
Fine mate. ..... your the boss.

MudRunnerTD
12th July 2013, 09:34 AM

I'm out. Sorry I have a clash of events. Can't do.

BigRAWesty
12th July 2013, 10:28 AM
I'm out. Sorry I have a clash of events. Can't do.

What, rebuilding... :p

trying to use MC crappa

Winnie
12th July 2013, 11:05 AM
I will post a new thread tonight when I get home. I spoke to Kris and he is interested.

MudRunnerTD
12th July 2013, 12:19 PM
What, rebuilding... :p

trying to use MC crappa

No i have a Club trip that i signed up for 4 months ago. cant pull out now. Accommodation is booked.

I would be able to go later in the month and would be trying to get the GQ for that.

liftlid
12th July 2013, 03:16 PM
we could all visit mudrunner at the woods point pub sat night!!

liftlid
12th July 2013, 06:05 PM
hi Guys, I've been wondering if the date should be 23/24/25 aug, that way mudrunner could also come, he's been on all the snow trips I've run and is experienced driving/camping in the snow, the weekend of the 9/10/11 Aug. is the Geelong clubs snow trip at woods point. They could have 20 car's driving the same area we are proposing to drive. Snow line would be expected to be approx.. 1300-1400 MT so it can get crowded on the Mountains with snow. We've been up there when there has been 4 convoys trying to pass each other in 2 ft snow. not much fun, took 2hr as they were just getting stuck. What does every body think?

AB
12th July 2013, 06:54 PM
I'm happy for whatever day gents!

Winnie
12th July 2013, 06:55 PM
Sorry mate but if we keep changing the dates when somebody can't make it this will never happen. 23rd is too far away and I am getting toey for a trip.

threedogs
12th July 2013, 07:02 PM
@ Liftlid could be a PINB taking Newbies up the snow at the height of the season, especially with all the extra traffic.
don't know what the answer is though, hope you figure something out, Tell Daz to pull his finger out. LOL

MudRunnerTD
12th July 2013, 07:12 PM
All good my end. I will be in Woods Point with the family in the GUIV assuming its back.

I will be doing a few swag trips up that way in the coming months so no big deal for me. Next time maybe.

All good.

AB
12th July 2013, 07:14 PM
Sorry mate but if we keep changing the dates when somebody can't make it this will never happen. 23rd is too far away and I am getting toey for a trip.

Fair call mate, lock it in then!

Winnie
12th July 2013, 07:19 PM
All good my end. I will be in Woods Point with the family in the GUIV assuming its back.

I will be doing a few swag trips up that way in the coming months so no big deal for me. Next time maybe.

All good.

Sorry Daz but we will do another snow trip this season for sure. You can organise that one and take us to some cool places!

liftlid
12th July 2013, 07:25 PM
@ Liftlid could be a PINB taking Newbies up the snow at the height of the season, especially with all the extra traffic.
don't know what the answer is though, hope you figure something out, Tell Daz to pull his finger out. LOL

happy with the 10th, have no idea PINB is though and Mr Google couldn't help either?

MudRunnerTD
12th July 2013, 08:01 PM
happy with the 10th, have no idea PINB is though and Mr Google couldn't help either?

Pain In The Bum

mudski
12th July 2013, 08:06 PM
This could be good. As long as my locker is in...Need a rock solid date too...

Winnie
12th July 2013, 08:08 PM
This could be good. As long as my locker is in...Need a rock solid date too...

There is a new thread with details mate

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

liftlid
12th July 2013, 08:38 PM
Pain In The Bum

Ohhhh thanks definitely no problems taking newbies, more the merrier on a trip like this.

Winnie
12th July 2013, 08:47 PM
Honestly I'd be happy to set up camp and stay there the whole time, but I'd be even more happy doing some wheeling in the white stuff!