PDA

View Full Version : Accessing Craig's Hut in the snow

Winnie
8th July 2013, 07:00 PM
Hi all, planning a day trip in the next couple of weeks with the family to go and see Craig's Hut covered in snow (hopefully) but I hear that the road in gets closed in winter? Anybody know if this is true or if there are other roads in?

Hodge
8th July 2013, 07:15 PM
Pretty sure that the tracks up there get shut from queens bday and don't reopen till melb cup.

Sent from my Samsung S4 using Motorculture app

MudRunnerTD
8th July 2013, 07:23 PM
Hi Winnie not sure where Craig's Hut is to be honest but I think you can get to it. If its in the National Park then Seasonal Closures are in place. I am sure I have been there in the snow though mate??

Not sure if this pic is of any use to you but FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

AB
8th July 2013, 07:27 PM
It's a main dirt road but I do remember seeing gates near that scout hall. Give that servo a ring at bottom mate.

Winnie
8th July 2013, 07:30 PM
Bummer! Don't suppose you know what that servo is called mate?

AB
8th July 2013, 07:31 PM
Have a look for one of our meet ups on here. We did one years ago with directions to it and the name, etc.

Winnie
8th July 2013, 07:39 PM
Only found the trip report...... this is an extract from it.

Kris bought along some chilli sauce with a scorpian logo. He warned me how hot it was but I put some on my steak and I nearly died...lol...It honestly felt like I was eating hot coals and I will never be the same again. After a few drinks one night Kris accidently rubbed some of it in his eyes and he ran around like his eye was on fire and we had to flush it out with water....Looked very painful but I had to admit it was damn funny...lol

Sir Roofy
8th July 2013, 07:39 PM
Its off the circut road winnie and its closed till october same as king valley

Hodge
8th July 2013, 07:46 PM
Just had a quick look at my hema h.c. atlas and it appears, as roofy said, it's shut.

Bloodyaussie
8th July 2013, 08:11 PM
Hey Hodgey you following me about mate... would have stopped to say G'day but I thought the boy was going to chuck in my car so wanted to get home...!!!

I would have loved to have dragged the family up to Craigs Hut also Winnie... bit of a bummer mate...???

Any other bright ideas..

Hodge
8th July 2013, 08:25 PM
Hey Hodgey you following me about mate... would have stopped to say G'day but I thought the boy was going to chuck in my car so wanted to get home...!!!

I would have loved to have dragged the family up to Craigs Hut also Winnie... bit of a bummer mate...???

Any other bright ideas..

Yeh I wasn't 100% on if it was you mate as I've never seen your trol from behind lol. But then again I don't see too many decked out GQs in this area.