PDA

View Full Version : Speedo Issues / Speed sensor?

Gordy
2nd January 2011, 12:17 PM
Hello all,
I have a GQ TB42 petrol, we have just replaced the clutch in this and during the disassembly, we could not seperate the wiring harness plugs for the speed sensor, 4wd light and reverse, so we have cut these. On reassembly we have 4wd light back up and no speedo. I would have thought that it was a straight forward matching of coloured wire to coloured wire and all should be fine, but not so, are we missing something here, a loop perhaps that i have not picked up in the wiring diagram? any help appreciated,

Gordy

Gordy
2nd January 2011, 06:40 PM
Ok problem solved. Dodgy 6 pin connector and wiring put in to replace original Nissan plugs. What has erked me today however, is that I left my multi meter up Country, so I went and bought another one, yep, faulty straight out of the pack, so had to track the whole job without a meter. I have spent the whole day tracing and tracking faulty workmanship, and I put this into a shop to be done to save me time over Xmas!! Lesson here, if you have the skills and the know how, nothing beats doing the job yourself, at least that way if it stuffs up, you only have yourself to kick in the arse.

NissanGQ4.2
2nd January 2011, 07:02 PM
Very true Gordy, always do the job yourself if u can, Good 2 here u got it all sorted in the end

Finly Owner
3rd January 2011, 11:43 PM
I hear you Gordy