PDA

View Full Version : Your help is needed in finding Nissannewby a job!

PMC
6th July 2013, 12:31 PM
G'day Trendsetters!

Could i please once again call on your good natures to put your feelers out for a possible job for young Matt. He is a qualified diesel fitter and is in need of urgent work. If i had the money i would invest in a mobile diesel/4x4 tuning, accessory fitting and mechanical work-shop.

Those of you that have had young Matt work on your vehicles know how good of an operator he is! I know it is tough times out there at present. However, i do not give-up on a causes helping people and finding Matt a job is in my book a good cause.

If anybody can help Matt or recommended him to a possible employer could you please do so ASAP.

PS, at present the poor bloke is selling one of his Patrols and other personal equipment to financially survive. This is a man who would at a drop of a hat help anybody in need!

I await your kind responses!

Regards,

Paul (RLI)
:bowdown:

Winnie
6th July 2013, 12:38 PM
Superior engineering are looking for a mechanic... Would require him to move a long way but that would be a sweet job!

Trying to use Motorculture

megatexture
6th July 2013, 12:41 PM
na thats realy close to him! there ya go matt, got any details for that winnie?

megatexture
6th July 2013, 12:44 PM
or is this not the bris one

Winnie
6th July 2013, 12:54 PM
I saw it on their facebook page and now when I go back to find it the post is gone? Maybe the position got filled? Worth a phone call!

Winnie
6th July 2013, 12:56 PM
There are heaps of suitable jobs listed here.
http://www.seek.com.au/jobs-in-trades-services/automotive-trades/in-brisbane/#dateRange=999&workType=0&industry=1225&occupation=1328&graduateSearch=false&salaryFrom=0&salaryTo=999999&salaryType=annual&advertiserID=&advertiserGroup=&keywords=&page=1&isAreaUnspecified=false&location=1004&area=&nation=&sortMode=ListedDate&searchFrom=&searchType=browse

megatexture
6th July 2013, 01:14 PM
I saw it on their facebook page and now when I go back to find it the post is gone? Maybe the position got filled? Worth a phone call!

Certainly would be good place to work ,staff discount! Lmao.

NP99
7th July 2013, 05:47 AM
Mat is a top young bloke.

Hey Mat, those seals took a hiding at lcmp :)

nissannewby
7th July 2013, 07:50 AM
There are heaps of suitable jobs listed here.
http://www.seek.com.au/jobs-in-trades-services/automotive-trades/in-brisbane/#dateRange=999&workType=0&industry=1225&occupation=1328&graduateSearch=false&salaryFrom=0&salaryTo=999999&salaryType=annual&advertiserID=&advertiserGroup=&keywords=&page=1&isAreaUnspecified=false&location=1004&area=&nation=&sortMode=ListedDate&searchFrom=&searchType=browse

Winnie mate I have applied for over 50 positions, from diesel fitters, to truck driving, to labouring, trades assistants etc.

Bloodyaussie
7th July 2013, 09:15 AM
Posted this in that other thread Matty....." Where are you from".. but thought better here?

I would really consider this option seriously Matt.. look into your outlay and a starting client base and so on but you would be surprised at how well you could do from something like this mate.

I run my own business and am slow now due to down sizing for a bit but I was working 6-7 days a week no problems and will build up the business again this spring.

I have not advertised in over 2 years as I got more work through word of mouth and just chatting to people and so on...!!

Someone like you that has a broad knowledge base that can do the little extra things at a job not just mowing the grass (wink wink) can do really well.

It is a scary step at first but after a year or so you find it easier and the clients seem to come with little trouble.

If you do try not to borrow.... start small and build with your own money that way there is less pressure if it does not work out.

My 2 cents anyway

threedogs
7th July 2013, 09:26 AM
With BA there are no dedicated 4x4 Mechanics for want of a better word in a mobile platform.
I can actually seeing this kicking on and franchised out. Find a reliable source for parts {Gary @ Nizzbits}
Approach some fuel depots for fluids, Turn a GU or GQ into a trailer not hard to do, Logo and away you go.
Set a limit on distance travelled before a surcharge applies.

That's if you like working on other ppls 4x4.
I used to work for Honda in Alice But got sick of ppl saying
Fix my bike but don't spend more than $100.
Then you get non paying ppl, shite I'm talking myself out of it.
But you know what I mean

philfree
7th July 2013, 09:33 AM
How far would you travel for the work I may be able to get you a start in Gympie as truck mechanic ?

PMC
7th July 2013, 10:32 AM
How far would you travel for the work I may be able to get you a start in Gympie as truck mechanic ?

G'day philfee,

Thanks for your generous help mate! That's what makes us Australia males so different than the rest, the sense of mate-ship/camaraderie to help one another!

PS, good onya mate!

Regards,

RLI

PMC
7th July 2013, 10:42 AM
Winnie mate I have applied for over 50 positions, from diesel fitters, to truck driving, to labouring, trades assistants etc.

G'day Matt,

I have sent you a PM and an e-mail regarding your resume. As per our conversation yesterday, i will distribute it for you around Coffs Harbour and Woolgoolga.

Folks, if any of our forum members are struggling what ever you situation, drop me a PM and i will help you fight your cause. I have never forgotten the help what this forum and the Navara forum have done for me and my family in the past.

I farken empathise with the Aussie spirit of mate-ship/camaraderie and to help give someone a bloody helping hand! lol.

PS, Once again thanks for your help with this matter!

Regards,

Paul (RLI)

Alitis007
7th July 2013, 11:18 AM
I'm not sure if you will consider this option for you Matt but for the time being to generate an income you could consider it untill you can get back into diesel fitting. If you are on the dole you can do a couple of short courses paid by the government, 1 a food handling certificate so you could get into hospitals, nursing homes, restaurants etc and be a pot washer ( doesn't sound fancy but the afternoon shift from 4 to 9 pays around $25 p/hr here in Melb) or a carers course and work with the disabled or senior citizens. There is a high demand for carers here in melbourne but pay is not great but its better than nothing.

The mechanical trade is a dieing industry coz people are afraid to spend money to maintain the car coz they don't know what tomorrow will bring so they rather wait till it breaks down or try do the work them selfs.

Best of luck Matt i hope you find something soon!!

NP99
7th July 2013, 11:15 PM
Once the election is over I think the mines will kick in again.....regardless of who wins!

MudRunnerTD
7th July 2013, 11:25 PM
Hey Matt, Send me your resume mate, i cant promise anything but can send it up to my head office in Sydney. Might get you some tech labouring work around brisbane if there is any going or down in Tuggera if your willing to get yourself there building our Operations Units.

Clunk
7th July 2013, 11:26 PM
Once the election is over I think the mines will kick in again.....regardless of who wins!

Hope so, affects a sh*te load of people in various different sectors. My job appears to be safe at the moment but things can change very quickly as the company tries to reign things in, in order to save money.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Motorculture mobile app

fracster
7th July 2013, 11:36 PM
post 13 mate (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?21750-Where-u-from&p=394907&viewfull=1#post394907)

trekster
8th July 2013, 05:52 AM
http://www.seek.com.au/job/24799507

http://www.seek.com.au/job/24785150

NP99
8th July 2013, 07:14 PM
And to think there are grubs at centrelink actively avoiding work!

nissannewby
8th July 2013, 08:09 PM

Hi Phil
Mate No worries at all with doing that mate Im sure I could camp at benny's during the week.
Thanks heaps bud

PMC
10th July 2013, 01:03 PM
Bump

Regards,

RLI

rkinsey
10th July 2013, 03:09 PM
Found this on the 4WD Action Facebook page:

"The blokes over at Superior Offroad are looking for a gun mechanic to join their team, so if you want a job at one of Sydney's best off-road shops then give em a shout! Call 02 9757 1405 or email sales@superioroffroad4wd.com.au"

I know its in Sydney but if you are willing Matt, theres no harm in having a look.

I'll keep my ears open for you.

Cheers,

Rob

Winnie
10th July 2013, 04:50 PM

"The blokes over at Superior Offroad are looking for a gun mechanic to join their team, so if you want a job at one of Sydney's best off-road shops then give em a shout! Call 02 9757 1405 or email sales@superioroffroad4wd.com.au"

I know its in Sydney but if you are willing Matt, theres no harm in having a look.

Cheers,

Rob

Ah that's where I saw it!

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

MudRunnerTD
10th July 2013, 04:54 PM

Cheers,

Rob

Note that Superior Offroad 4WD is Not Superior Engineering (The guys that make the best 4wd gear in the country) http://superioroffroad4wd.com.au/

Its a job though all the same. I think they are aligned with 4WDAction??

boots
10th July 2013, 05:46 PM
Today in the age newspaper dysons bus lines are looking for a diesel mechanic based at moama . I know its a major / massive move but echuca and moama are top spots matt . JMO . Goodluck finding employment matt .

philfree
10th July 2013, 07:08 PM
hi sorry i didn't realise their was a reply to this thread and ive been busy ill check with the boss tommorrow and see what he has to say and get back to you

NissanGQ4.2
10th July 2013, 07:14 PM

Cheers,

Rob

Yeh come 2 Sydney Matt, and while your here I could give you a blank canvas GQ to work on as a side job :):):)

MudRunnerTD
10th July 2013, 08:51 PM
Mat just sent you an email mate

NissanGQ4.2
11th July 2013, 05:18 PM
Have moved this thread into the employment section

Cheers

Toddie

nissannewby
13th July 2013, 08:48 AM
Well I have an interview for a Diesel Fitters position in Brisbane on Monday. Hopefully all goes well and I can get back working.

MudRunnerTD
13th July 2013, 09:09 AM
Good luck Mat

Winnie
13th July 2013, 09:15 AM
Well done Mat, best of luck mate!

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

growler2058
13th July 2013, 09:15 AM
Best of luck Matt will be sending positive growler mind power through to you ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Cuppa
13th July 2013, 10:42 AM
Well I have an interview for a Diesel Fitters position in Brisbane on Monday. Hopefully all goes well and I can get back working.

Tell them to check out the forum to see how highly your skills & work ethics are respected by others.

Cuppa

Stropp
13th July 2013, 10:08 PM
Good luck with the interview matt!

trekster
13th July 2013, 10:27 PM
All the best!

cgm
14th July 2013, 01:02 AM
Yeah, all the best Mat

NissanGQ4.2
14th July 2013, 07:16 AM
Good luck Matt

ozzymalone
21st January 2014, 04:48 PM
Good luck Mat! Just saw a sign outside Zupps Truck & Bus centre here in Eagle Farm looking for experienced diesel mech. Might be worth a shot

nissannewby
21st January 2014, 06:50 PM
Should update here myself. I have a full time job at present, working for cummins. I have also had some very tempting offers thrown on the table as well.

Bloodyaussie
21st January 2014, 06:53 PM
Should update here myself. I have a full time job at present, working for cummins. I have also had some very tempting offers thrown on the table as well.

Not including my offer sweety!!!

AB
21st January 2014, 07:41 PM
Not including my offer sweety!!!

If the pays decent, I'll take it...lol

Ben-e-boy
21st January 2014, 07:44 PM
If the pain is decent, I'll take it...lol

Fixed that quote :p