PDA

View Full Version : GQ 4.2 EFI Automatic Gearbox Computer Location

NissanGQ4.2
1st January 2011, 08:41 PM
This is the location of the Auto's Gearbox Computer

Will try and post up some other info about the Computer and what it does when i get some time.

How many wires do u need!!! think its less than the ECU

GQ UTE
1st January 2011, 10:52 PM
Hey todd I do believe that is the ECU thats in the main photos and the one mounted on the inside of the kick panel is for the auto!
My old EFI patrol had that computer but not the one on the kick panel side!
Cheers

NissanGQ4.2
1st January 2011, 11:00 PM
Hey todd I do believe that is the ECU thats in the main photos and the one mounted on the inside of the kick panel is for the auto!
Cheers

Thanks for the info Trent, I'm pretty sure its right, but will look into it, I assume different models had them set up differently

Cheers

Todd

the evil twin
3rd January 2011, 12:16 AM
Cheers

X2... I'm with GQUte

The box you have labelled in the Piccies is actually the engine ECU (Nissan P# 23710)

The Auto G/Box ECU in a series 2 GQ TB42(EFI) is the box on the left in the bottom two piccies. When modd'ing GQ's for Torque Converter Lock Up circuits I used to attach the relay to the top of teh Unit and the wiring runs from the plug underneath. There is a mounting screw for teh trim that is a real PIA if you get it wrong

NissanGQ4.2
5th February 2011, 08:31 PM
Thanks ET and GQ UTE for the correction.. Thread is now located here: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2705-GQ-4.2-EFI-TCU-%28-Transmission-Control-Unit-%29