PDA

View Full Version : Mods North Brissy

cambo
1st January 2011, 02:35 PM
Hi all im in the hunt for a 2008 patrol , going to get a low mileage vehicle so i can mod it and hopefully avoid any longtime problems.
The question i ask is there any body that can reccomend a 4x4 mechanic on the north side of Brissy to do these mods for me, ie Egr block , catch can, etc. Cheers.

wildgu6
1st January 2011, 02:50 PM
Hey cambo, theres a few members up that way that can prob' sort you with a mechanic.
They a relatively simple mod's you have mentioned if your into DIY our resident guru (YNOT) may be able to talk you through them.
Sorry for dobbing you in Tony.
Check out this thread for EGR.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?40-Blocking-the-EGR-Valve

Cheers Pete

cambo
2nd January 2011, 12:20 AM
Thanks Pete, I dont mind doing a few things under the bonnet , but still need some upgrades done and as you know a good reliable mechanic is worth their weight in gold.

YNOT
2nd January 2011, 01:21 AM
Thanks Pete, I dont mind doing a few things under the bonnet , but still need some upgrades done and as you know a good reliable mechanic is worth their weight in gold.

I'm still trying to find a good mechanic...........................

Tony

Finly Owner
2nd January 2011, 01:22 AM
I'm still trying to find a good mechanic...........................

Tony
Funny bugger......................

cambo
2nd January 2011, 10:00 AM
A good mechanic and a honest dentist , Both rare as hens teeth.

Well if a Mod cant find one what hope do i have !! :)

cambo
5th January 2011, 10:35 PM
No other suggestions ? Should have my patrol in a couple of weeks and trying to work out some prices for a few upgrades ive got planned.

Ps- any ideas on how much a 2-3 inch lift kit will cost ?, and also which brands have a good reputation.

YNOT
5th January 2011, 10:52 PM
A 2" lift will cost around $800 to $1000 for parts or about $15-1700 installed. Old Man Emu (ARB) or the stuff TJM sell is good, as are Kings springs and Koni shocks. Expect to pay a bit more for Koni's though. Springs especially need to be tailored to suit your needs, and matching shocks are a good idea.

Can't help with northside mechanics, I'm a born and bred Brissy southsider.

Tony

cambo
6th January 2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks Tony .

Another question , How much does drivability and stability suffer with the higher lift kits such as the 4inch kits, i only ask as my better half is also going drive my rig and has been asking questions. Cheers.

YNOT
6th January 2011, 10:42 PM
First of all. anything over a 2" lift will not be legal, and unless you plan doing some serious 4WDing I would stick to a 2" lift.

Bigger lifts can be reasonably stable as long as both sway bars are connected and well matched springs and shocks are used.

Tony