2nd July 2013, 02:37 AM
http://youtu.be/sg_dONdcehQ

Words fail me......

BigRAWesty
2nd July 2013, 03:47 AM
No f'n idea

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

MEGOMONSTER
2nd July 2013, 06:07 AM
Not to sound disrespectful, but what would people do in this situation, where time was closing down on you faster than you can prepare

taslucas
2nd July 2013, 07:05 AM
That was posted on here a while ago.

so far so good on motorculture

gaddy
2nd July 2013, 07:40 AM
If the 20 people standing around just gave a push , it would be over in no time

Steve

NP99
2nd July 2013, 08:09 AM
Not to sound disrespectful, but what would people do in this situation, where time was closing down on you faster than you can prepare

Agree, but the beach is no place to learn! Esp when lives are at risk.

DX grunt
2nd July 2013, 08:32 AM
Good training film.

First thing I would have done was to unhitch the boat trailer. Didn't see the shovel being used a lot, either.

Tyre pressures......enough said.

MEGOMONSTER
2nd July 2013, 09:38 AM
Would a slow winch pull have helped or would the suction in the sand make it nearly impossible.
Not sure if shovelling would help too much, seeing the surge of water every few seconds would have tighten the hole up quick smart.
Just curious as I would like to attempt a beach launch at Flinders. And Murphy's law is like a fly on shit, he likes to stuck around and annoy the hell out of me.

Bloodyaussie
2nd July 2013, 11:00 AM
Yeah if the guys put is much effort into digging the cars out than they did doing chest pump while carrying basketballs under there arms???

threedogs
2nd July 2013, 01:30 PM
Think IMO a bit more shovel work, well a lot more shovel work and less pointing.
There was more than enough man power there but way too many clowns, sorry I mean
chiefs and not enough Indians. I thought it was going to end with all 3 bogged ,Bugger.
Would be great vision for what not to do evening.

Parksy
2nd July 2013, 06:18 PM
Scrolling through the comments, there's a good one where someone mentioned using a spare wheel in the upright position under the strap to help lift the bogged car as well as pull it out. Excellent idea!

Bloodyaussie
2nd July 2013, 06:21 PM
Scrolling through the comments, there's a good one where someone mentioned using a spare wheel in the upright position under the strap to help lift the bogged car as well as pull it out. Excellent idea!

Yeah saw this used not long ago and it seems to work really well......

trekster
2nd July 2013, 07:56 PM
Comment of all time:

the killer wale joins for a feed

lololololololol

:D
:smileyvault-cute-bi

AB
2nd July 2013, 08:43 PM

Good question Mego!

I don't have the skill in the sand as the sandgropers but I got in this exact situation on the banks of the Murray....No tide though....Had plenty of time to think about the situation though..lol

As Rossco mentioned dig your path out but in my situation I found the sand was still soft even digging a path and I kept digging down further until I sat the body on the ground. I just dug the area underneath the car away and created a long 1.5 foot deep and 3m long path with the best low incline I could dig with the shovel....Near killed me....And assisted a winch off another car to pull me through without bogging down trying to keep on top.

Happy to get flamed if need be but I dug the path a million times and kept burrowing down regardless. Stupidly had aggressive mud tyre's on though as we don't see sand down here...lol

megatexture
2nd July 2013, 08:59 PM

1.26min mark the blue hilux has taken up the slack and is slightly in water then at 9.20min the wet sand is like a meter away imo the tide is on the way out.
I think they are just dumb asses lol and honestly have no idea.

93patrol
2nd July 2013, 10:25 PM
Good question Mego!

I don't have the skill in the sand as the sandgropers but I got in this exact situation on the banks of the Murray....No tide though....Had plenty of time to think about the situation though..lol

As Rossco mentioned dig your path out but in my situation I found the sand was still soft even digging a path and I kept digging down further until I sat the body on the ground. I just dug the area underneath the car away and created a long 1.5 foot deep and 3m long path with the best low incline I could dig with the shovel....Near killed me....And assisted a winch off another car to pull me through without bogging down trying to keep on top.

Happy to get flamed if need be but I dug the path a million times and kept burrowing down regardless. Stupidly had aggressive mud tyre's on though as we don't see sand down here...lol

Well AB one thing you could have done after digging your line out and it was still soft grab some branches and scrubs dead ones if you can and lay them in the tyre tracks let your tyre down to about 8pound and try and rock your way until to get to the branches and bedding that you put down and you will be surprised what a difference that will make.

this only works if your obviously have these scrubs and sticks/ branches around you. I watched my dad do this with another guy helping when we got our MQ and dirtbikes on a trailer bogged up near wedge island when I was a kid

AB
2nd July 2013, 10:29 PM
Hey mate, yeah we were on the bank of a popular camping area so zero foliage and branches for 1km radius from everyone's years of campfires. I forgot to mention I let the tyres down to bare minimum too in increments so that was my final solution to getting out.