PDA

View Full Version : Gotta be a few MQ/MK owners out there ???

MQ MAD
31st December 2010, 06:25 PM
Gotta be a few of us out there,surely ???
What are we wheeling ???
SWB,Wagon,Ute
Driveline combos

Dont let me the sole surviver,please

NissanGQ4.2
31st December 2010, 06:32 PM
i think there may be at least 2 of u MQ/MK owners on here *L*

YNOT
31st December 2010, 08:18 PM
Tim (Finly owner) is a keen MK owner, and I've seen plenty of other new members with MQ/MK Patrols.

Tony

Finly Owner
31st December 2010, 09:38 PM
Mk, wagon, SD33T, 5spd, 16" wheels, stock, needs some TLC which he is getting very slowly.

NissanGQ4.2
31st December 2010, 09:46 PM
Mk, wagon, SD33T, 5spd, 16" wheels, stock, needs some TLC which he is getting very slowly.

Told you MQ MAD, there is 2 of you out there *L*

Finly Owner
31st December 2010, 09:53 PM
There is more but I can't make the search fine enough to find them.

MQ MAD
1st January 2011, 09:12 AM
WOW
Can we feel the loooove for these old rigs

My daily
MK Ute SD33 n/a 5 speed,White,Sunnies,Maxxis mudders
(Soon to be TURBO)

Finly Owner
1st January 2011, 11:29 PM
WOW
Can we feel the loooove for these old rigs

My daily
MK Ute SD33 n/a 5 speed,White,Sunnies,Maxxis mudders
(Soon to be TURBO)
watch turboing a na sd33. The internals are not the same as a SD33T.
It has less rings, smaller combustion chamber, different sized valves,

Tim

Finly Owner
1st January 2011, 11:33 PM
MQ Mad this link may be of interest to you. Mostly Chops and i discuusing this very topic.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1211-Converting-an-SD33-to-SD33T-(Adding-a-Turbo-to-Non-Turbo-Engine)&highlight=sd33

Tim

MQ MAD
2nd January 2011, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the links Tim,

The Turbo and motor will be comin from the shorty here
Just a straight forward engine and box swap

Just have to finish the shed when the rain goes elsewhere,then wheel the ute in for new heart surgery
Should make the ute boogie

topgeargirl
3rd January 2011, 04:51 PM
We have a 1985 MK... Hubby and my Father In Law call it the Taliban Issue as it has the higher roof! LOL. It's still going strong and will look mickey mouse after it gets a paint job! Just got the sun roof working again so we are happy! Although it would have been nice to have it on our trip up to Qld that we just made!

What are we wheeling ???
SWB,Wagon,Ute
Driveline combos

Finly Owner
3rd January 2011, 10:24 PM
Coorey, do you or Tony have spare SD33 starter motor? No not you YNOT. hehehee

Tim

Finly Owner
3rd January 2011, 10:26 PM
We have a 1985 MK... Hubby and my Father In Law call it the Taliban Issue as it has the higher roof! LOL. It's still going strong and will look mickey mouse after it gets a paint job! Just got the sun roof working again so we are happy! Although it would have been nice to have it on our trip up to Qld that we just made!

Nice rare MQ you guys have there. Where are you located?

Tim

steve.d
18th January 2011, 01:07 AM
Im getting about in an old '82 MQ .L28 stock. the air cond compressor is used for my tyre filling, via a holding tank.good at 130psi.
Steve.d

rexie
19th January 2011, 06:59 AM
i have an mq cab chassis sd33 4 speed. love it cant beat the old veichles strong as. well except the axles anyway but will eventually get a diff upgrade.

MQ MAD
19th January 2011, 08:21 AM
Axle breaking after 30 years of abuse
I wouldnt think thats to bad

rexie
23rd January 2011, 08:22 PM
yep it has done good. changed the diff for the one i bought from finly and its mobile again. ready for more abuse.

MS29431
7th March 2011, 11:39 PM
I'm roll'n in a '86 SWB MQ 12v SD33 non turbo 5spd factory air, factory alloy bullbar, factory alloy sun visor, and factory alloy roof racks
And i finaly took it's fibreglass back off on the weekend for the first time ever! and it was soooo COOL it changed the whole look of it
Now all i need some sort of tarp to coverup the back

Finly Owner
8th March 2011, 09:48 PM
I'm roll'n in a '86 SWB MQ 12v SD33 non turbo 5spd factory air, factory alloy bullbar, factory alloy sun visor, and factory alloy roof racks
And i finaly took it's fibreglass back off on the weekend for the first time ever! and it was soooo COOL it changed the whole look of it
Now all i need some sort of tarp to coverup the back
I have seen soft tops and they look awesome with sloping back!

MS29431
9th March 2011, 01:51 PM
I might just bolt a front and rear roll bar and a lock box in and just fold up the rear seats all the way up and cover 'em when it rains, or take 'em out its only 4 bolts either way its gonna look pretty cool and be whole lot of fun

MQ MAD
9th March 2011, 07:00 PM
Ive seen the rear covered in a tarp sort of thing
And a type of roll up rear wall behind the seats
They do look alright without the canopy
Im sure they can be regoed as a ute ???
Depending on which state your in ???

MS29431
10th March 2011, 12:56 AM
It looked realy cool and changed the total look of it, Its always been a bit of a pig/basher and has had a hard but always serviced life, But take the back off and WOW do they look different,
As for rego, its plated to seat 5 and it is technicly a "Soft Top" that is removable so down here in mexico (VIC) lol it will be alright, The only thing is keeping all my half tanked mates from ruining peoples weekends by hang'n out the sides..lol
I wish i had have taken the back of it 12yrs ago when my father first bought 'er

Finly Owner
10th March 2011, 11:16 PM
it looked realy cool and changed the total look of it, its always been a bit of a pig/basher and has had a hard but always serviced life, but take the back off and wow do they look different,
as for rego, its plated to seat 5 and it is technicly a "soft top" that is removable so down here in mexico (vic) lol it will be alright, the only thing is keeping all my half tanked mates from ruining peoples weekends by hang'n out the sides..lol
i wish i had have taken the back of it 12yrs ago when my father first bought 'er

photos please

JetD72
11th March 2011, 10:25 PM
Here an 84 MK SD3.3T Wagon, apparently Wide Wheel Pack (that's what it was called wasn't it?).
Everything pretty much original on there, as far as I know. 5sp, aircon (no longer working....but really did well!!!), side steps, removed the rear tyre carrier, but still have it. Maybe back on one day?

Anyway, through this forum I found out I have an MK, not an MQ :) I had no idea.................. Tim, we really have similar trucks right?

Finly Owner
11th March 2011, 10:28 PM
OATH, we will be taking pick on Sunday for sure, now don't go polishing yours too much either!

Tim

JetD72
11th March 2011, 10:52 PM
You will be pleasantly surprised. Will never outdo yours..... I am almost ashamed coming over the way she looks at the moment.

I think her ancient spirit must have thrown me this forum, cos otherwise she would possibly not have gotten the renewed attention.

Looks like she gets another chance for the future. Don't go shakin your head or make funny remarks on Sunday tho....she will do something....I just know!!!!

Finly Owner
11th March 2011, 11:26 PM
Don't fret, you haven't seen Finlys' unloved touch!

MQ MAD
12th March 2011, 09:08 AM
Oh 2 red rocket MKs in the one spot

Dont leave them alone to long
There mite be a SWB MK one morning

Finly Owner
12th March 2011, 10:22 PM
Oh 2 red rocket MKs in the one spot

Dont leave them alone to long
There mite be a SWB MK one morning

Never know what might happen with a little nudge!

MQ MAD
13th March 2011, 10:18 AM
Not sure IF thats how it works, or maybe the vision was effected by the grog
But we had a couple patrol wagons here , (all alone i mite add)
Then bugger me within a few weeks there was all these SWB patrols everywhere !!!

Finly Owner
13th March 2011, 11:58 PM
my grave yard is getting bigger......................

YNOT
14th March 2011, 09:01 AM
my grave yard is getting bigger......................

What have you done?

Tony

Finly Owner
14th March 2011, 11:05 PM
Hmmmmm?...............

MQ MAD
15th March 2011, 10:04 AM
Tim,
Ya know IF you add a Holden to the graveyard its not counted as "add 1" its counted as "-1"
IF its another nissan(datsun) its only referred to the grave yard , when its on its last legs
Graveyard here is last resort before the scrappers

GQ TANK
25th April 2011, 12:03 AM
MK LWB patrol with a l28 in Melton Vic.

In the process of geting the bits together to convert to a rb30.

Outstanding bits - need Deiesl radiato, and fan belts and idler pully.

HAve gq rb30 - note sure if I will get it on the road with the carby setup, or install the vl fuel injection setup.

nowoolies
25th April 2011, 12:08 AM
photos please

still dont not got no piccies where is the piccies??????????????????

NT0351
30th April 2011, 06:29 PM
I just got this:
'82 MQ Smurf edition. Bright blue paint, blue seats, dash, carpet and door trims. Even the bullbar was bright blue! (Semi-gloss black now though)
A/C is awesome. And having a tailgate instead of barn doors is handy.

YNOT
30th April 2011, 07:45 PM
I just got this:
'82 MQ Smurf edition. Bright blue paint, blue seats, dash, carpet and door trims. Even the bullbar was bright blue! (Semi-gloss black now though)
A/C is awesome. And having a tailgate instead of barn doors is handy.

Don't tease us, where are the photo's of smurf?

Tony

NT0351
30th April 2011, 07:54 PM
Some in my introduction thread... It's in bits at the moment with body repairs, stereo install and train horns going in all at once.

hamo65
23rd June 2011, 08:14 PM
swb 86 sd33t 5 speed high roofhttp://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee21/hamo65/trucka6.jpg

Bigrig
23rd June 2011, 08:16 PM
swb 86 sd33t 5 speed high roofhttp://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee21/hamo65/trucka6.jpg

Hey champion - welcome aboard mate. Could you slip over to the introductions section and post up a bit about yourself and your rig - no harm done, just a courtesy thing we ask for ...

Don't be shy to get involved mate and enjoy!!

BenGood
24th June 2011, 02:19 PM
Another MQ lord here!

ned mq
18th July 2011, 08:43 PM
got a 80 model mq had for some time rust getting to far gone in roof and well everywhere , just found really good 86 mk turbo just having trouble finding new rear slide windows rails and seals other than that goes like dream .

Finly Owner
19th July 2011, 09:57 PM
got a 80 model mq had for some time rust getting to far gone in roof and well everywhere , just found really good 86 mk turbo just having trouble finding new rear slide windows rails and seals other than that goes like dream .
keep em going mate, they're good ol fourbies.

Tim

k1981
27th September 2011, 11:57 PM
i got two of the things and i lov em drive anywhere attitude that they have and ive only owned it for a week lol

bottles
28th September 2011, 08:37 AM
Hello MQ MAD. I have just got off the intro page. I too have an old but totally original MQ SWB L28 petrol. Shes worked hard all her life and had a rebuild motor a few years back , but has only completed a leiseurly 3,000 ks if that since. All work done on the tar. Pulling horse floats along suburban and expressways. I would like to finally upgrade the gear box from 4 to 5 speed. Nothing wrong with the original but in all fainess another gog would help fuel consumption on a long trip I am planning for her. Also she is getting a bit rusty in the doors bottoms and quater panels. I need a bit of advice on wherr to source these parts and the conversion from or at. cheers

taslucas
28th September 2011, 09:14 PM
We've got an MQ too! We call her the Bog B$tch
Here it is with the owner picking some different lines

Ive got a few videos posted too. In the thread "a paddock somewhere"

bottles
29th September 2011, 06:38 AM
Great Pic, I can't believe your still smiling !!! No shirt makes me think you were ready for a swim. cheers. When my daughter gets back (school holidays) I get her to show mw how to load pics on .

Finly Owner
29th September 2011, 10:07 PM
Hello MQ MAD. I have just got off the intro page. I too have an old but totally original MQ SWB L28 petrol. Shes worked hard all her life and had a rebuild motor a few years back , but has only completed a leiseurly 3,000 ks if that since. All work done on the tar. Pulling horse floats along suburban and expressways. I would like to finally upgrade the gear box from 4 to 5 speed. Nothing wrong with the original but in all fainess another gog would help fuel consumption on a long trip I am planning for her. Also she is getting a bit rusty in the doors bottoms and quater panels. I need a bit of advice on wherr to source these parts and the conversion from or at. cheers
As said in intro good luck with search for your adaptor plate for 5spd box. PM MQ Mad he may have a lead on 1.

Tim

MQ MAD
2nd October 2011, 08:33 AM

Good luck as tim mentions re the L28 5 speed conversion/bell housing or parts
They are out there ,but not very often
Running an ol MQ l28 your diff ratio should be IF till original 4.625
For a bit more economy on the highway go the MK 4.33 diff ratios or go to a 33" tyre
Another thing to remember is the tilshafts in the 4 speed and 5 speed are different lengths
Due to the 5 speed box being 100 odd mm longer , this then makes the front tailshaft longer and the rear shorter as opposed to the 4 speed shafts
Your best bet IF doing this conversion is what you want,look for an MK SWB with an L28 / 5 speed combo
There was one on evilbay recently that sold for $500 ish , driveaway

bottles
2nd October 2011, 03:23 PM
Tha. nks Mad MQ Looks like a change of of box may be too adventureous. Tell me more about the diff change. I suppose you can still this part new. As for wheels and rims I have old desert duellers. On the old white rims. I remember when they were the go!!!

MQ MAD
3rd October 2011, 10:57 AM
Diff changes ,arent to bad to do just centres or buy complete , hub to hub
But changing the ratios will effect the car is some ways as to how it is now
Changing better for revs on the highway will effect its take off
And goin the opposite in ratios will effect is oppositely, obviously
Same as goin larger tyres, changes and drops the revs at speed but changes its take of

Saving a coupla litres per 100Ks travelled ,mite not be worth additional funds to warrant a change
Depending on how often and how many Ks you travel
The L28s are very thirsty compared to the equivelant MQ/MK diesels

bottles
5th October 2011, 02:36 PM
Your right thirsty they are and now I don't earn the big bucks fuel bits a bit harder. But chopping and changing diffs and ect may be a bit too much. A set of larger diameter tyres should help a little. I think I was trying to reach a cruising speed of 120kph. A bit adventureist probably. As for body panels do people still make them.

Finly Owner
5th October 2011, 09:42 PM
Your right thirsty they are and now I don't earn the big bucks fuel bits a bit harder. But chopping and changing diffs and ect may be a bit too much. A set of larger diameter tyres should help a little. I think I was trying to reach a cruising speed of 120kph. A bit adventureist probably. As for body panels do people still make them.
Bigger tyres help top end cruising/fuel consumption, but getting them rolling takes a tiny more fuel/power. Why do you need 120km'h when top speed limit is 110km/h in Australia?(99% of this great land).

Tim

MQ MAD
7th October 2011, 12:31 PM
A set of larger diameter tyres should help a little. I think I was trying to reach a cruising speed of 120kph. A bit adventureist probably. As for body panels do people still make them.

Good cruisin speed of 110 should be fine,but being able to use any power for overtaking at that speed is fine as well
No point swappin cogs and takin 3 years to overtake
Again price tyres from say 31"to 33 ", there will be a difference
As for body panels , NOS (New Old Stock) is around and very pricy
Good 2nd hand panels can be had for fair prices

WHITEGQ
7th October 2011, 05:03 PM
Hi All,
Just thought I would add my latest, one of my best mates(RIP JOHN) passed away in late July, and left me his MK. Its a MK SWB, SD-33n/a, 5 speed, power steering, 31x10.5x15 A/T, MK is almost stock as a rock. 250,000 on the clock, the old girl only had 2 bits or rust, 1 hole in left sill, cut it out the other day, hole was about 200mmx 40mm, cut it out and welded in new bit of plate, 2nd is in back where tailgate shuts, hole is about 150mmx30mm, got local wreckers to cut the same section from a wreck, just got to cut mine out and weld new piece back in. Went in for 1st roadworthy check today, need to replace 2x front disc rotors and pads, all front shackle bushes, 2x taillight lenses and thats all. Mechanic said it is in bloody good condition for its age, up until 2 years ago, I used to do all work on Patrol for him, until I moved to Sth Gippsland. Here is a coupleof pic's of the old MK, mate used to call it "BURTHA", so soon as all roadworthy I am going to get a couple of stickers made up to put on the front and rear.
Jeff

Finly Owner
7th October 2011, 10:12 PM
Nice shorty, looks like an original Nissan bullbar and spotties. Hope the tow tongue is for moving trailers/launching boats only!

Tim

WHITEGQ
8th October 2011, 09:26 AM
Hi Tim,
Thanks, not sure if bullbar is original Nissan, spotlights arent, they are $55 ebay specials, the front tow bar was used by the mate to push his 26' van into sites at van parks, he was in his 80's, so front tounge made it heaps easier to get the van parked. I have used it a couple of times pushing my trailer around, it takes a bit of getting used to the steering, but once you get the hang of it, its heaps easy to push trailers around. Also I know that if anyone gets to close, its there vehicle thats getting damaged.
With thanks Jeff.

kenny2551
9th October 2011, 08:51 AM
Hi guys ,I have been on here before to get information on how to get heater boxes out of an MQ.Got that info ,many thanks for the help.I am after some more help now .Does anyone out there have a MQ or GQ ute RH front door?I need a quarter glass frame.Mine is stuffed (rusty).I have the glass and a new rubber,mainly need a good frame(well....better than the one I've got).This MQ has been a total body rebuild and I want to do it right.thanks for any help.

MQ MAD
10th October 2011, 09:07 AM
Hi guys ,I have been on here before to get information on how to get heater boxes out of an MQ.Got that info ,many thanks for the help.I am after some more help now .Does anyone out there have a MQ or GQ ute RH front door?I need a quarter glass frame.Mine is stuffed (rusty).I have the glass and a new rubber,mainly need a good frame(well....better than the one I've got).This MQ has been a total body rebuild and I want to do it right.thanks for any help.

Where ya located ???

bottles
10th October 2011, 03:55 PM
NICE looking motor!!

Kusuma
25th October 2011, 06:36 PM
I converted it into a 12 V system now.

Finly Owner
26th October 2011, 09:52 PM
very nice Kusuma

Tim

Michelle
2nd November 2011, 01:58 PM
just thought Id add a pic of my ol girl that Im working on slowly :)
Updated pic

mq5ltr
5th November 2011, 06:53 AM
Mq wagon 308 5 speed 4.11 diffs 33inch muddies

boggy2006
6th November 2011, 10:41 PM
add another one to the list, currently being restored to get it back on the road.

pod
27th December 2011, 05:46 PM
proud MQ Wagon owner, 4 speed ,sd 33 ,24v, running 31s on globe mags with toyota offset

Matt 1984 Mk
31st December 2011, 12:58 PM
this thread was started a year ago today apparently...anyway i drive a silver MK patrol 1984, l28, 31" rubber on sunrasiers, 2" lift and thats about it....oh and a new stereo i gave it for christmas

gqpew
31st December 2011, 10:30 PM
this thread was started a year ago today apparently...anyway i drive a silver MK patrol 1984, l28, 31" rubber on sunrasiers, 2" lift and thats about it....oh and a new stereo i gave it for christmas

Nice mate, I'd be interested to see some pics of your rig in action :D

Matt 1984 Mk
2nd January 2012, 03:03 PM
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l482/Matt1984mk/263472_10150216727268693_718468692_7515164_591063_ n.jpg

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l482/Matt1984mk/268415_10150216726923693_718468692_7515156_5755829 _n.jpg

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l482/Matt1984mk/445.jpg

Matt 1984 Mk
2nd January 2012, 03:05 PM
there ya go mate, the first 2 are me bogged near the murray river and the last one was take at home on a ramp.

growler2058
2nd January 2012, 03:10 PM
Havin a mudddy good ol time mate:-)

Matt 1984 Mk
3rd January 2012, 09:22 PM
yep, just like you sig line!

cybernout10
22nd January 2012, 12:26 AM
Here is my 85 MK L28 4speed with 300k , just got the aircon and alternator sorted. A bit of pinging...mechanic says probably carbon built up. oil pressure shows 3!....volt meter and speedo dnt work

Finly Owner
29th January 2012, 01:40 AM

cool Troll

Finly Owner
29th January 2012, 01:42 AM
there ya go mate, the first 2 are me bogged near the murray river and the last one was take at home on a ramp.
how have you done the 2" lift?

Tim

Finly Owner
29th January 2012, 01:44 AM
Here is my 85 MK L28 4speed with 300k , just got the aircon and alternator sorted. A bit of pinging...mechanic says probably carbon built up. oil pressure shows 3!....volt meter and speedo dnt work

Looks nice, speedo is probably broken cable or cogs worn in instrument head

tim

cybernout10
29th January 2012, 04:10 PM
The speedo needle seem to be bent and gets stuck to the meter surface. Just added a stereo..original owner had a few amplifiers under the seats just had to rig them to the head unit. The pinging is still there even with 97 octane and engine sound loud..mentioned in another thread very annoying... Nope I hv not lifted it yet although if the prev owner did..i wont know

GQ TANK
24th April 2012, 03:54 PM
Mk LWB - with a RB30s conversion

spad1
25th April 2012, 07:46 AM
Hello. this is my car
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c273/spadutys/DSC00073.jpg

GQ TANK
25th April 2012, 01:05 PM
cybernout 10 - try shortening the neddle (its what I done) its commen for the neddles to bind and touch the face of the speedo

Ric
6th May 2012, 08:50 PM
Mine is a late 1985 LWB Deluxe 5 speed wagon with SD33T, all stock standard. I use it as a daily driver a few months every year.

Taught my son to drive in it and he can now jump into any vehicle and handle it with ease.Even the RTA examiner commented on the benefit of him learning on an old school vehicle.

Cheers Ric

Ric
6th May 2012, 08:56 PM
The speedo needle seem to be bent and gets stuck to the meter surface. Just added a stereo..original owner had a few amplifiers under the seats just had to rig them to the head unit. The pinging is still there even with 97 octane and engine sound loud..mentioned in another thread very annoying... Nope I hv not lifted it yet although if the prev owner did..i wont know

Have you tried adjusting the timing to eliminate the pinging? Also might be dodgy fuel.

Ric

MQ MAD
7th May 2012, 11:22 AM
The pinging is still there even with 97 octane and engine sound loud..mentioned in another thread very annoying...

Check timing , check plugs they could be shagged
Those L28s will run on 91 ron fuel ,mine does and sings past 6,000 rpm and no issues at those revs

mq83patrol
13th May 2012, 08:49 PM
83 swb patrol owner new to this site. awesome thread

aussiemale
14th May 2012, 03:49 PM
I've definitely got a couple of screws loose own a MK AND a MQ..both wagon however one is going to be used as a donor for the other..parts are as rare as hen's teeth here in NZ. Don't even start me on how hard it is just to get a friggen manual:1087:
http://s1100.photobucket.com/albums/g420/aussie_male1au/
Try not to laugh too hard

Steve879
15th May 2012, 02:07 PM
I love my MK, im on number 3, the other 2 were just donor mq's though. cheaper these days to buy a whole car for bits then to buy individual

aussiemale
15th May 2012, 04:00 PM
Know what you mean about the parts..local nissan and parts dealers absolutely love my MQ.

Finly Owner
15th May 2012, 09:30 PM
How much dosh do you have? I'll send you one! Are you actually in Napier, or is that the closest main town to you?

Tim

Finly Owner
15th May 2012, 09:31 PM
I love my MK, im on number 3, the other 2 were just donor mq's though. cheaper these days to buy a whole car for bits then to buy individual
Unless we all start trading parts between ourselves.

Tim

aussiemale
16th May 2012, 04:36 PM
How much dosh do you have? I'll send you one! Are you actually in Napier, or is that the closest main town to you?

Tim

Yes, I actually live in Napier, as for dosh..does "I'm married" mean anything to you LOL.
The manual you have the petrol one or the diesel one..this is how switched on REPCO is over here, ordered a Petrol one..so obviously they thought I had no clue and got me the diesel manual. Tried to get my money back and they refused saying I'd paid for a Petrol manual and they can't do it for a Diesel one..go figure LOL

Ric
20th May 2012, 02:13 PM
I've definitely got a couple of screws loose own a MK AND a MQ..both wagon however one is going to be used as a donor for the other..parts are as rare as hen's teeth here in NZ. Don't even start me on how hard it is just to get a friggen manual:1087:
http://s1100.photobucket.com/albums/g420/aussie_male1au/
Try not to laugh too hard

Manual shouldn't be too hard to find. They come up on fleabay all the time and there are also a number of free download version.

The Nissan factory manual covers the petrol versions only. You need to also get the supplements for the Diesel.
The Gregory's manual is dedicated diesel

Still should be able to source them all from ebay easy enough.

Ric

aussiemale
20th May 2012, 02:33 PM
Yeah, thanks for that Ric, got the one off here, just trying to work out a justification to have it printed at work LOL

GQ TANK
21st May 2012, 06:18 PM
Re speedo needle bending.

The tip bends inwards and and scraps on the speedo face. I shortend my needle by 5 mm it does not drag and now works ok

mqturbo
23rd July 2012, 11:47 PM
yep mq turbo diesel shorty daily and weekend warrior

GQ TANK
24th July 2012, 07:24 PM
If you are after info / manuals look here.

www.nerok.info

silly one
24th July 2012, 09:21 PM
hey proud mk wagon owner 4.2 v8 fitting my new 33s tomorow if i can get the gaurds fitted in time then apart from that genuine bullbar i think and rust haha
photos coming asap

mudski
9th August 2012, 08:16 PM
Booh Yeah! I found the negatives, yes thats right kiddies, negatives from nearly twenty years back of my beloved MK shorty Aniversary Edition. This is the only car I have ever own, INCLUDING my current GU that I wish I never sold. I would own this MK over my GU any day. I poured my heart and soul into this thing. The only reason I sold it back then was we were building a house and wanted the extra cash. Turns out we didn't use the cash. Man I was bleeding!!!!
Sorry for the poor quality of pics, it was low light, and well, the photographer had NFI in how to take a photo, and it wasn't me...
Enjoy.
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/1609/image20medium.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/507/image20medium.jpg/)

And I still have these plates. There on my GU I have now.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3948/image21medium.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/338/image21medium.jpg/)

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9679/image55o.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/214/image55o.jpg/)

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9423/image88medium.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/19/image88medium.jpg/)

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1959/image77medium.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/image77medium.jpg/)

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/7900/image16medium.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/image16medium.jpg/)

My Mates GQ shorty ready to take a dip

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/4939/image14medium.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/image14medium.jpg/)

In she goes!!!

Wish I knew how to scan these properly and fix them up in photoshop. Something i must sit down and learn one day.

CAPTAIN
11th March 2013, 12:11 PM
just bought me an MK ute petrol model

What are we wheeling ???
SWB,Wagon,Ute
Driveline combos

prophet1
20th April 2013, 12:52 AM
Hi there MQ Mad, I am also MQ Mad thats for sure - a great and exclusive club, but a honoured one. Old Dog's that us. I have a Datsun Safari Wagon 1980, mustard colour and completely stripped down to the ground to rebuild from the ground up. A formidable task I can assure you, but worth it. She clocked out at 4858970 klms and not a ridge on the ports, a little smoke blowing and low compression preasure from the worn out rings, but strong as fifty horses. Proud owner. Neil

LittleMissChris23
24th April 2013, 03:44 PM
MQ 4spd Wagon. My much loved project car. looking to make it into a top notch 4WDing rig and help build my mechanical knowledge and skills in the process.

Cabzii
4th September 2013, 12:17 PM
Recently purchased a yellow MQ SWB and Loving it! Named her Delila, without reason or thought lol.

Will be posting photos shortly.

Anyone from Sydney see me on the road give us a wave :)

rusty_nail
4th September 2013, 12:31 PM
Recently purchased a yellow MQ SWB and Loving it! Named her Delila, without reason or thought lol.

Will be posting photos shortly.

Anyone from Sydney see me on the road give us a wave :)

hi mate, where abouts in sydney are you from? im in the sutherland shire... its good to see some more representation from the NSW members on here as at the moment it sucks!!!

nathankane1
9th September 2013, 08:18 AM
Just bought it a week ago - SWB MQ - rectangular headlights - I have always wanted one! Love em

Frosty MK
27th January 2015, 07:00 AM
Brand new MK owner, My mk is bog stock but oh so much fun to drive :D A great starting point for modifications and learning. However I have what I always dreamt of a great reliable first 4wd, that will be nice to me as I learn.

faw33
12th March 2015, 12:33 PM
Hey bud, I just got one few days ago as a project. Luv to see what you guys have done on here. cheers

ACDC@Keanelab
16th April 2015, 09:43 PM
Greetings MQ MAD!
Been thinking d same of late.
1/83 Diesel wagon.
Cheers

JetD72
4th May 2015, 01:50 PM
Hi

I was already on here a few years ago. I have a 1984 SD33T (MK)
Still going very very strong.

I need a few little spare parts. Nothing major. The handle for the glass tail gate door, INCLUDING the mechanism to actually close the door into place.
And I am after a seal for the lower tail gate. The one that you attach with the white little clips.
Can anyone point me in the right direction OR help me with alternative ideas for these things.

I am trying to get her more dust and fume free for one more big trip (simpson desert or indian to pacific!)

Cheers.

ps. I haven't seen Tim or Tony on here anymore? They have helped me out a lot before.......

GabrielMk3
28th June 2015, 10:50 PM
Hello,

I've driven an 260 for 11 days now - put almost 4000 kilometres on it already. Quite a nice machine. I've driven quite a lot of extreme 4x4 in Russia, with Nivas, KAMAZ-trucks and UAZs, so this is a weird transition for me - but very positive! RD28T diesel that needs some servicing now. Parts are impossible to find in Norway for these wagons, as wagon MKs weren't sold here.

Frosty MK
17th July 2015, 11:39 PM
Not sure Tim is on here anymore, I am his sister in law and I bought Finly not so long ago, Tim is a great help when it comes to the MQ and MK's

Frosty MK
23rd November 2015, 11:39 AM
An update on Finly which was Tims old beast, Finly is still running strong and still on the road, been a little bit of effort, however My MK n/a will hopefully have a little bit of cosmetic work over the Christmas break, will try and get a pic of them both together :)

onemadgq
8th January 2016, 06:10 PM
Got a few down here in Tassie , SWB , and doing a SWB Ute hope to get some pictures up on the weekend

mknut
24th March 2016, 12:37 AM
Mk SWB 85. 50th anniversary model. Did have a SD33T. Now has a BD30 engine in it.

BEARDMOTO
20th July 2016, 02:00 PM
I've just joined the forum, and have a 82 MQ Shorty with L28, 4speed, stock suspension and 31" Federal MT's

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad268/spudley_photos/13615224_10153976555617670_6062572607389559661_n_z psrtfs8ymu.jpg (http://s942.photobucket.com/user/spudley_photos/media/13615224_10153976555617670_6062572607389559661_n_z psrtfs8ymu.jpg.html)

Cheers,
Liam

strut
6th October 2016, 05:00 PM
hay hay i have 2 of the old girls so together thats 4.
both wagons both deeeeeluxes

Chevrod
26th May 2017, 10:07 AM
Hi guys. Yes there is another one still going strong. I have an 86 MK Deluxe wagon and just recently got it back on the road.

fat mick
20th June 2017, 01:53 PM
Mine just ran out of regohttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/06/203.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

smsooialo
5th July 2017, 08:30 AM
Recently bought an MK (1987-square lights) from a mate and in the process of giving it some TLC. Have recently put 17" tyres on and have just ordered a 2" EFS lift kit for it.

PRIGBY
29th October 2017, 08:26 PM
Brings back really fond memories. I had a 1980 MQ SWB 3.3D, 4 speed manual, 24 volt. Bought it in 1990 with almost 200K on the clock and then took it all over Oz until I finally sold it in 2008 with around 370K on it - still going with lots of great memories under the bonnet. Standard split rims and leaf springs - not really smooth on the corrugations and not fast (at all). But it got me there and home again. It was really sorry to see it go, hopefully to another good home.

terryzac
7th November 2017, 09:17 PM
how do i post a pic

mudski
8th November 2017, 03:08 PM
how do i post a pic

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?666-How-To-Ask-a-Question-or-How-To-Upload-Photos

Chevrod
9th December 2017, 02:59 PM

My MK and the missus GU a couple of weeks ago 😊

meakinelli
17th December 2018, 10:55 PM
i just found out my patrol is a 260 mk model so please count me in the group!77167

meakinelli
17th December 2018, 10:56 PM
not sure why the bugger is upside down, hopefully not an bad omen

meakinelli
17th December 2018, 10:57 PM
whats the name used for a patrol in Australia? A rig or a Ute? Need to name mine and love the Ausie terms