PDA

View Full Version : QLD Trip - Janowen Hills 4WD Park - Expressions of Interest

Bigrig
31st December 2010, 08:11 AM
Howdy

well - next trip in the planning and would be good to get a heap of QLD members along - even if only for 1 day 1 night, etc - whatever suits yourselves - you can come and go as you please. Janowen Hills link below so you can suss out where it is etc:

http://www.janowenhills4wdpark.bigpondhosting.com/

Thinking the weekend of February 12/13th or the following 19/20th ... we are going out (3 cars already, 6 adults, 8 kids, 5 dogs - so very much a family friendly weekend) on the Friday morning till Monday, but as said, people can come and go as they please - we prefer it this way as even though we have to take the kids out of school for two days, there tends to be few and far between camping out there at this time and you end up with the whole place to yourself. HUGE camping grounds, so plenty of privacy etc if that's what you want, open fire pits, and plenty of easy through to extreme tracks for what ever level of play you are looking for (or sit back with a tinny and watch others have a crack!!!). There are great toilet and shower facilities there (for those who like to wash!! $1 for every 3 minutes, but good pressure and hot water!!), a small creek that runs pretty much all year round for the kids to have a play in, plenty of space for some cricket, etc, etc ...

Just posting this now to give people plenty of notice. I'll update as it gets nearer.

Would be AWESOME to see as many as possible there!!

p.s. dhuck - if you're in, make sure you bring the "Knead It" mate!!! LOL ...

Dhuck
31st December 2010, 08:52 AM
Is still in the tool box. The toolbox will be coming. Knead It is better than bog for small jobs. Used to fill a few drill holes on the spotty bar. But yes you can count me in.

Cadbury
31st December 2010, 04:44 PM
Bigrig,
My family and I are keen for any of these dates.
Please keep us posted.
Chhers Cadbury

Dhuck
31st December 2010, 07:24 PM
Where are you located Cadbury?

YNOT
31st December 2010, 08:16 PM
Where are you located Cadbury?

He's in Wakerly.

Tony

Finly Owner
31st December 2010, 09:44 PM
I'd like to try for 19-20 weekend so I can put leave in at work.

Gordy
2nd January 2011, 05:54 PM
I would be keen to come along, only a new member so would be good to meet some like minded people. I work o/s but I have Feb off so will keep my eyes posted here for info,

cheers,

Gordy

Dhuck
2nd January 2011, 08:15 PM
More than welcome Gordy. The more the merrier. Besides we need to beat those bloody Vics in the forum meet up stakes.

Cadbury
2nd January 2011, 08:58 PM
Tony,
You have a good memory for detail to remember where I am from.
Cadbury

Finly Owner
3rd January 2011, 10:41 PM
Tony,
You have a good memory for detail to remember where I am from.
Cadbury

He probably checke d the members map lol

Tim

Bigrig
9th January 2011, 01:11 PM
Good gear - lots of interest - the dates really don't bother me, so the 19th 20th works fine if that suits everyone else - we'll be heading out on the Friday morning reasonably early to make the most of it and not coming back till Monday, but as said, happy for people to roll in and out as they please ... I'll start coordinating and we'll lock something down in the coming week or so!!!

Top Stuff!!!!

Dhuck
9th January 2011, 08:35 PM
Sounds good Scotty. Already sorting out my missus.

Bigrig
9th January 2011, 08:39 PM
Sounds good Scotty. Already sorting out my missus.

Bootiful ... from the sounds of it so far, we should have around 9 cars and 25 people (including kids) coming and going throughout the weekend, so fingers crossed, it will be a cracker!!!

Dhuck
9th January 2011, 08:42 PM
Hopefully it dries up by then.

Bigrig
9th January 2011, 08:44 PM
Too right ... I can handle some muddy tracks, but those tracks are dead set full on with even 10mm of rain - not to mention camping in general ... but I'm an optimist!!! She'll be right!!

Finly Owner
9th January 2011, 11:26 PM
Hopefully Tony will be coming as my Co pilot as his suspension won't be finshed.

benno
15th January 2011, 07:31 PM
I would be keen for either weekend, I'm new to the club, and new to 4WDing, so would be good to catch up and meet a few people, and try a few tracks,

Cheers Tony.

Dhuck
15th January 2011, 07:57 PM
Excellent mate. The only way to learn is get out there.

Gordy
19th January 2011, 10:30 AM
Good gear - lots of interest - the dates really don't bother me, so the 19th 20th works fine if that suits everyone else - we'll be heading out on the Friday morning reasonably early to make the most of it and not coming back till Monday, but as said, happy for people to roll in and out as they please ... I'll start coordinating and we'll lock something down in the coming week or so!!!

Top Stuff!!!!

Is this a group booking with the park or do we individually organise camping requirements? I am keen to tag along,
Gordy

Bigrig
19th January 2011, 10:43 AM
Is this a group booking with the park or do we individually organise camping requirements? I am keen to tag along,
Gordy

Hey mate - I'll organise a group booking so eveyone simply has to lob up ... quick one, how is everyone if the location changes from Janowen Hills to Landcruiser Mountain Park?? Now the DoD contract fell through, they are still open for business, and the camping up there (as well as the tracks) is awesome ... possibly move the dates to the following weekend also (Friday 25th to Monday 28th) to accomodate a few more people ...

So far its:

Scotty (bigrig) x 4 cars
Dave (dhuck) x 1 car
Tim (finly owner) x 1 car
Tony (YNOT) x with Tim
Gordy (Gordy .. go figure!!!) x 1 car
Tony (benno) x 1 car
Cadbury (don't know your name sorry mate) x 1 car

9 vehicles and probably somewhere in the range of 16 adults and a bunch of various aged kids ... obviously, the more the merrier and as discussed, every can plan their own time for when they want to arrive/depart etc (you don't have to do 4 days like us, you can lob in for a day and a night, whatever suits).

I'll throw a post up by the weekend for confirmation of numbers and the times you would want to attend, and then I'll book it with the park. Looking forward to seeing as many there as possilbe and having a chat over a fire and a few coldies ... oh ... and some 4wd'ing also!!!

Dhuck
19th January 2011, 01:39 PM
I may possibly have Adam (my brother who still has not done intro). Don't care about destination. But do need date sorted so Bec can organize it with work.

However I am getting quite anxious for a day out. It has been a month.

Bigrig
19th January 2011, 02:08 PM
I may possibly have Adam (my brother who still has not done intro). Don't care about destination. But do need date sorted so Bec can organize it with work.

However I am getting quite anxious for a day out. It has been a month.

Lock in the weekend (and the Friday/Monday if you can) for the 25th ...

Gordy
20th January 2011, 05:45 AM
I am happy with either location, the dates are an issue with me as I am on a fly in fly out roster and wont be around for the 28th. I will catch the next trip you organise

benno
20th January 2011, 08:53 PM
Howdy all,
Look forward to the weekend, would rather Janowen but will go along with whatever, be good to catch up with a few new faces.

Cheers Tony.

Bigrig
23rd January 2011, 02:35 PM
Sooooo .. If everyone apart from Gordy is good for that weekend and the location, can I get understanding of when you want to attend? I.e. All 3 nights, 1 or 2 nights (which ones) etc, and I'll make the booking.

Scrawn, are you interested mate??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dhuck
23rd January 2011, 10:07 PM
Friday through Monday for me and the tribe. Will have to find out from Adam when he will be coming.

Bigrig
23rd January 2011, 11:34 PM
Friday through Monday for me and the tribe. Will have to find out from Adam when he will be coming.

Bootiful ... that makes 5 cars (4 campsites) to be booked so far for the whole 3 nights ... going to PM a bunch from the members map also like I did last time and see if I get anyone else also ... think a lot of them have dropped off though.

Dhuck
24th January 2011, 12:35 AM
Probably. Since I have been a member I have seen a lot join. Only to disappear shortly after.

Bigrig
24th January 2011, 12:45 AM
Probably. Since I have been a member I have seen a lot join. Only to disappear shortly after.

Yep - seems a heap of them had nothing to do with wanting to download the manual either - just came on and then vanished ...

Gordy
24th January 2011, 11:31 AM
I am happy with either location, the dates are an issue with me as I am on a fly in fly out roster and wont be around for the 28th. I will catch the next trip you organise

Ok Guys,
I have been pushed back a week at work, fly in to Oz later means flying out later, will check with she who must be obeyed as my out date is now 2nd Mar. Would love to attend so keep me down as a tentative, worst case I will book seperately and catch you all there,
cheers,
Gordy

Bigrig
24th January 2011, 11:35 AM
Ok Guys,
I have been pushed back a week at work, fly in to Oz later means flying out later, will check with she who must be obeyed as my out date is now 2nd Mar. Would love to attend so keep me down as a tentative, worst case I will book seperately and catch you all there,
cheers,
Gordy

Bootiful mate!! Hope to see you there.

You won't believe this, but the missus just found out she isn't working this week due to no business around with the floods, soooo, I just made an executive decision and we are packing the cars to head up to Landcruiser for two nights!!!! Yeehah!! Just have to let me work know now ... Hmmmm ... They'll just have to understand!!!

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it ... You know the words, sing with me!!!!!

Dhuck
24th January 2011, 11:37 AM
Good to hear mate hope the boss woman says "lets go baby".

Gordy
24th January 2011, 11:44 AM
I think she is worried about the mud facial, i keep telling her its good for her. will be interesting to see how much rain Brisbane experiences between now and then

Bigrig
24th January 2011, 11:47 AM
Good to hear mate hope the boss woman says "lets go baby".

Mine or yours? Lol ... Mine is already packing and about to go to shops to get the usual necessities ... Want to come up?

Bigrig
24th January 2011, 11:49 AM
I think she is worried about the mud facial, i keep telling her its good for her. will be interesting to see how much rain Brisbane experiences between now and then

Too right on both counts mate! Mud is our friend!! Lol

Dhuck
24th January 2011, 11:50 AM

If she likes to sit at the cap site, my missus will probably keep her company. But I am trying to convince the missus to get in and have a drive. She used to drive the old Zook we had and it was a dangerous mongrel of a thing.

Dhuck
24th January 2011, 11:51 AM
Mine or yours? Lol ... Mine is already packing and about to go to shops to get the usual necessities ... Want to come up?

tell her to keep room for the beer.

Bigrig
24th January 2011, 11:52 AM
tell her to keep room for the beer.

You're kidding right? She knew me well before we got married champion!!! It's a given!!! LOL

Dhuck
24th January 2011, 11:54 AM
Will be a good weekend, looking forward to it

benno
25th January 2011, 08:46 PM
Howdy Guys and Girls, still keen on the weekend, just let keep the info rolling, probably come for a couple of nights.

Cheers Tony

Dhuck
26th January 2011, 09:23 AM
All good mate. I cant wait, I need another trip whether it's 1 day or several.

Bigrig
26th January 2011, 10:05 PM
You're gunna hate me ... I forgot we are in Sydney for the brother in laws wedding on the 26th (like I would remember that!!!) - any chance of the weekend prior or post?? Not out to stop all of you going out, but obviously would like to be there!!! Sorry ladies and gents ... my bad ... the following weekend probably gives us more time considering the numbers are building up (10 cars and 18 adults plus kids interested currently - obviously these things change, but still promising). Did Landcruiser over the last two days, and a lot of tracks are inaccessible due to the floods - massive erosion, and impassable ... they reckon they'll be right in the next few weeks though as they get through them (doing a good job of it too considering the carnage out there - will post some photos and video tomorrow to show it), and if so, the Gums campsite would be the go. Really big and flat, heaps of space to spread out so no-one gets in each others hair etc, but close enough to organise trips etc.

Dhuck
26th January 2011, 11:06 PM
What happened to inviting me? We need a date as Bec needs to put in her leave, but I am good for any date.

Bigrig
27th January 2011, 09:23 AM
What happened to inviting me? We need a date as Bec needs to put in her leave, but I am good for any date.

You need to read the posts earlier in the day before the grog kicks in mate!! I did invite you!!!

If it makes you feel any better, it was awesome!!! Oh, that probably didn't make you feel better! LOL!!!!

Bigrig
31st January 2011, 10:08 AM
Righto

Friday 4th March to Monday 7th March
Landcruiser Mountain Park - http://www.landcruisermountainpark.com.au/

Who wants me to book for them when I call to lock it in??

Dhuck
31st January 2011, 10:35 AM
Lock it in mate. Me, the missus, the boy, my drinking mates TED Stubs and Bundy (maybe I will have to look at cans)

Adam can be locked in for Sat and Sun.

Bigrig
31st January 2011, 10:42 AM
Lock it in mate. Me, the missus, the boy, my drinking mates TED Stubs and Bundy (maybe I will have to look at cans)

Adam can be locked in for Sat and Sun.

Righto - I'll book it - for now as follows:

Me and the missus - 2x cars - Friday to Monday
You and Bec - 1 x car - Friday to Monday
Adam - 1x car - Saturday and Sunday
David and his missus - 1x car - Friday to Monday
Hempo and his missus - 1x car - Friday to Monday

Gordy, Tim, Tony, Ben, others?

Gordy
31st January 2011, 05:24 PM
Sorry Guys I am out, back in PNG by the 4th, catch the next one

Bigrig
31st January 2011, 07:34 PM
Sorry Guys I am out, back in PNG by the 4th, catch the next one

No worries mate. I'll be sure to let you know.

Finly Owner
31st January 2011, 10:55 PM
yep I'll try for weekend off

Bigrig
2nd February 2011, 09:53 AM
yep I'll try for weekend off

Good stuff mate. Tony, you in?

Benno, Cadbury and Scrawn - you guys still up for it?

I'd like to lock it in and book it by the weekend if possible.

YNOT
2nd February 2011, 08:02 PM
I'm a definate maybe because I don't know what condition my cars will be in by then. If I still have the big suspension in the GU then more than likely yes.

Tony

Bigrig
2nd February 2011, 08:11 PM
I'm a definate maybe because I don't know what condition my cars will be in by then. If I still have the big suspension in the GU then more than likely yes.

Tony

Top stuff mate - irrespective of your very obvious talents, it would be great to see you there!!

benno
2nd February 2011, 08:41 PM
Howdy guys, I should be in, there will just be me and a little tent probably for 2 nights, the boss will be working.

Cheers Tony. (Benno)

Bigrig
2nd February 2011, 09:22 PM
Howdy guys, I should be in, there will just be me and a little tent probably for 2 nights, the boss will be working.

Cheers Tony. (Benno)

Good stuff mate!!!