PDA

View Full Version : -10c Caribee Sleeping Bags - Catch of the Day

oncedisturbed
22nd June 2013, 09:43 PM
http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/event/22878/product/caribee-snow-drift-jumbo-sleeping-bag-180470

For those that are interested as there appears to be limited stock left but Catch of the Day have -10c rated large sized Caribee Sleeping bags out for $39.95 plus $9.00 postage.

Just ordered 3 for the family.

Woof
22nd June 2013, 09:51 PM
Just ordered one as well mate

BigRAWesty
22nd June 2013, 11:15 PM
You get these to.. if I had some cash we would have grabbed 4..
That's was a top price

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Clunk
22nd June 2013, 11:34 PM
Yeah grabbed myself one of those too.

Tapped out on the phone MC

MEGOMONSTER
22nd June 2013, 11:53 PM
-10c sleeping are really hot to sleep.
I got a -5 bag and I slept in my jocks over the queens birthday weekend , it bloody freezing overnight outside.
But I kept open the bag to let some heat out.
Except my bald head was frozen rock solid every time I fell asleep with my head out of the bag.
Either way I think I'll get one.

oncedisturbed
23rd June 2013, 12:50 AM
True you do get toastie but they are a good size to pack up and smaller than my swag bags i have.

Mainly got them as munchkin joins army cadets later this year and they have a requirement of a -5c or greater sleeping bag

Tap, Tap, Taparoo

TheLocksmith
23rd June 2013, 07:35 AM
Are these one s good brand in sleeping bags?

Seems cheap ($49) sleeping bag

Haven't researched sleeping bags yet as we take usually take doonas.

Can they be joined together and make a party size sleeping bag? Have to have the Mrs close :)

oncedisturbed
23rd June 2013, 08:55 AM
Doesn 't appear that they can be joined, for $40 you can't really go wrong. closest I could find at -5 was $200 plus and agin not able to be joined

TheLocksmith
23rd June 2013, 09:00 AM
Doesn 't appear that they can be joined, for $40 you can't really go wrong. closest I could find at -5 was $200 plus and agin not able to be joined

Well that will make life hard :(

Took a pair of scissors to a girlfriends traky pants once. Worked well while we were playing at her parents place. We were only 17, limited privacy and when they did walk in it just looked as if she was hugging me on the couch lol

I going feel sorry for the boy that goes out with my daughter!!! I know every trick and have lots of guns!!

MEGOMONSTER
23rd June 2013, 07:28 PM
-10c sleeping are really hot to sleep.
I got a -5 bag and I slept in my jocks over the queens birthday weekend , it bloody freezing overnight outside.
But I kept open the bag to let some heat out.
Except my bald head was frozen rock solid every time I fell asleep with my head out of the bag.
Either way I think I'll get one.

I ended up getting one last night.

Steveo_the_Devo
23rd June 2013, 09:04 PM
Yep, picked up one too. Thanks for the link. Will be interesting to see the quality but for the price I reckon you can't go too far wrong.

Gstone
23rd June 2013, 11:54 PM
Grabbed two, thanks for the link!

TheLocksmith
25th June 2013, 04:18 PM
Spewing, it can be made into a double

As snug as a bug in a rug. Well, maybe not too snug! When choosing a sleeping bag that's right for you, comfort and warmth are important factors to consider. But many people overlook size. This jumbo multi-purpose sleeping bag gives you plenty of room and is ideal for larger body types or those who want greater freedom of movement in moments of rest and sleep. This single sleeping bag is compatible with other Snow Drift models, which can be zipped together to create a duo. Nylon shell for warmth and cotton lining for comfort and breathability.

Features:

Jumbo multi-purpose sleeping bag with a draw cord hood
Dual full length #8 zips allows left & right zip
Snow Drift sleeping bags to be zipped together to create a duo
Tech-Loft insulated hollow fibre fill
Nylon shell / Comfort cotton lining / Internal draft tube and collar
Internal security pocket
Colour: Red/Charcoal
Fill: 2 x 200gsm
Size: 240 x 90cm

Ask a Question about this Product
Ask a question

BigRAWesty
25th June 2013, 04:46 PM
Spewing..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Steveo_the_Devo
25th June 2013, 07:16 PM
I think the -15 deg rating is a bit loose (as are most sleeping bag ratings). Having done a lot of backcountry snow camping (some mates and I always head out in winter and build and camp in an igloo for a few nights each year - magic!) you know that you don't want the bag to be too big (too much air for your body to heat) and that you definitely don't want multiple zippers where air can get in. Hence high quality four season bags tend to be mummy shaped and have a single zip which has baffles around it keep air out. So I got myself one of these cause it is cheap rather than thinking it might actually keep me warm in the snow!
http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q768/Steveo_the_Devo/IMG_0117_zpsd526fc68.jpg (http://s1358.photobucket.com/user/Steveo_the_Devo/media/IMG_0117_zpsd526fc68.jpg.html)

jempot
10th July 2013, 09:23 AM
Has anybody tested their bag out yet? I used a -5 deg sleeping bag at Lake Cobbler last month and I was freezing overnight. Thinking of buying a -10 if it's worth it.

Clunk
10th July 2013, 09:48 AM
I think oncedisturbed got to use his last weekend

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Motorculture mobile app

oncedisturbed
10th July 2013, 01:10 PM
As Clunk mentioned, i used them over the last few days down south. Great roomy size but I would be wary of using them in -10c areas. Whilst very warm I think we cracked the -2c barrier, we ended up using space blankets in the base of the tent with woolen blankets in top then the 4x4 mattress to break the chill from the ground seeping through.

For what they are, a very good buy and you would cook in them in a warmer area, polar fleece liners would be a bonus if you were needing the extra warmth or sleep in thermals if heading to the -10c levels

Tap, Tap, Taparoo

Jimmyboyjr4
7th August 2013, 05:48 AM
Just letting you all know they are back up on COTD just bought 2 of them!

Tonks
17th September 2013, 08:29 PM
There back on again guys,

lucus30
18th September 2013, 09:12 AM
Don't see them ?

Tonks
18th September 2013, 09:30 AM
You can find them under Top Deals from past 30 days, they end in about 3 hours

lucus30
18th September 2013, 09:41 AM
Brilliant thanks!!!