PDA

View Full Version : For Those who Don't Know

Gazzman
22nd June 2013, 01:08 PM
In my trade as a Fitter in various industries (food, textile and auto)
I have seen that leading brands are no different to no name brands just different labels/painting/stickers etc
I have done a lot of research and came up with this about Old man emu their springs are made by King springs and shocks made by Munroe both are far cheaper to buy under their manufacturers names

In my experience the amount of time and trouble to change a mass producing line for a given product ie: ome would not be viable (maybe wrong that is why they are dearer but I doubt it)

the production would stop only to alter the packaging

having said that these are Australian made products not Chinese imports so quality Should be the same :)
Gaz
ps feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

happygu
22nd June 2013, 01:54 PM
I too have heard that Old Man Emu shocks are Munroe Shocks, but I do think they are valved to OME Specs, which you may not get if you buy Monroe Shocks off the shelf.

I also buy Kings springs, as I know you can order the spring rate to suit, just haven't done the homework on the shocks as I just normally use Koni's.

Mic

the godfather
22nd June 2013, 03:03 PM
I agree, but might add for the amateur (not fitter / mechanic) The Old Man Emu kit comes complete and with good instructions, and a warranty. One buy covers everything. This can be worth the extra dollars if you are a dress maker or accountant. No offence intended.