PDA

View Full Version : Snow trip - Winter (July 2013) - VIC

liveyk7
21st June 2013, 11:20 PM
G'Day guys,

I have never done any snow driving.. EVER! Wondering if anyone if keen for a Snow trip to Mt Selma (or similar) area next month?
Something not very tough! :)

Have a few mates who are willing to go along too (1 Hilux, 2 x 100 LC's) and i will be the lonely Troll!

If anyone is keen let me know and we can plan out a big further..

Currently thinking the 12th-13th weekend or the 20th-21st weekend..

Cheers
Jay

AB
22nd June 2013, 08:03 AM
I would love to do a snow trip.....I can't book myself in for anything at this stage but I'll keep an eye on this thread.

growler2058
22nd June 2013, 08:14 AM
G'Day guys,

I have never done any snow driving.. EVER! Wondering if anyone if keen for a Snow trip to Mt Selma (or similar) area next month?
Something not very tough! :)

Have a few mates who are willing to go along too (1 Hilux, 2 x 100 LC's) and i will be the lonely Troll!

If anyone is keen let me know and we can plan out a big further..

Currently thinking the 12th-13th weekend or the 20th-21st weekend..

Cheers
Jay

At least you'll be there to tow the toymotas out ;)

taslucas
22nd June 2013, 08:24 AM

Yeah sounds like a working holiday

Sig test. android, MC version 2.4.7.11

Winnie
22nd June 2013, 08:25 AM
I would love to do a snow trip.....I can't book myself in for anything at this stage but I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Same here, will definitely follow this with interest

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

BigRAWesty
22nd June 2013, 09:32 AM
Sounds good.. remember plenty of pics

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

MudRunnerTD
22nd June 2013, 10:26 AM
I'm doing a reccy run in 2 weeks up around Woods Point. Will let you know ow much snow there is

;)

In the GUIV fellas so no gunna play too hard!

Recon
23rd June 2013, 01:22 PM
Sound's like my kind of trip. I'm heading that way next weekend, just for a spot of camping until I get my rig sorted out to tackle the sort of rough stuff that the high country can dish up.

Have a great time at it!

liveyk7
24th June 2013, 10:01 PM

I definitely will!

Does anyone think my BN yokohama All terrains are not good enough for snow?? The toyomotas think so! ;(

liftlid
24th June 2013, 10:34 PM
I'm doing a reccy run in 2 weeks up around Woods Point. Will let you know ow much snow there is

;)

In the GUIV fellas so no gunna play too hard!

can I come too?

Winnie
24th June 2013, 10:40 PM
My Brother in Law sent me a photo from yesterday, he went up through Licola, down Billy Goats Bluff into Dargo. Tamboritha Rd was COVERED in snow, at least a foot and a half deep! I'm thinking of doing a day trip this weekend.

liveyk7
25th June 2013, 11:03 AM
My Brother in Law sent me a photo from yesterday, he went up through Licola, down Billy Goats Bluff into Dargo. Tamboritha Rd was COVERED in snow, at least a foot and a half deep! I'm thinking of doing a day trip this weekend.

Im coming too!!!!! lemme know if you are seriously going!! :)

liftlid
3rd July 2013, 08:25 PM
i'm keen to do a trip. just wondering if this trip was going to go ahead?

liveyk7
9th July 2013, 09:19 PM

Hey mate..

Im a bit skeptical for this weekend. Should be able to confirm shortly.. if not next weekend for sure.. I badly need a break from work/home!!!!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

MudRunnerTD
9th July 2013, 09:25 PM

I crashed the GUIV on Old Coach Rd on Sunday arvo Gary, chassis is bent 10mm out of square. Has been assessed, waiting for the call from insurance!

Was a little snow on top of Mt Matlock but did not get to do much more.

Drewboyaus
9th July 2013, 10:59 PM
I crashed the GUIV on Old Coach Rd on Sunday arvo Gary, chassis is bent 10mm out of square. Has been assessed, waiting for the call from insurance!

Heck, I wouldn't have expected it to have happened on Old Coach Rd....
Which bit?

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

MudRunnerTD
9th July 2013, 11:21 PM
Heck, I wouldn't have expected it to have happened on Old Coach Rd....
Which bit?

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

Right at the start down the bottom. Went left up the pinch. Turned around and then slid down the hill. 30m from the gate!!!

Alitis007
9th July 2013, 11:39 PM
Thats Terrible Darren!! Are you and Zach ok mate ???

Dw it should be able to get pulled back to plumb and true, the car worth a few $$ so it should be covered.

MudRunnerTD
10th July 2013, 12:28 AM
Thats Terrible Darren!! Are you and Zach ok mate ???

Dw it should be able to get pulled back to plumb and true, the car worth a few $$ so it should be covered.

Yeah mate we are fine. I commented in "what did you do to your patrol today" thread. All good I hope mate, waiting to see the quote tomorrow . Was slow speed but a fair hit. Chassis out by 10mm. Trying to keep it fairly low key Neil the insurance is sorted although I was doing nothing wrong and it is certainly and insurance event. It could get expensive though hey. ;)

Alitis007
10th July 2013, 12:37 AM
Yeah mate we are fine. I commented in "what did you do to your patrol today" thread. All good I hope mate, waiting to see the quote tomorrow . Was slow speed but a fair hit. Chassis out by 10mm. Trying to keep it fairly low key Neil the insurance is sorted although I was doing nothing wrong and it is certainly and insurance event. It could get expensive though hey. ;)

All good mate, as long you two are ok the rest is bulldust, steel can be bent back into shape or replace but people cant.

I didn't see it, i haven't been on much in the last couple of days so i need to do some catching up lol

liftlid
10th July 2013, 09:16 AM

Darren just saw you post, glad to hear you guys are ok. The panel beaters in Colac straitened Wayne's chassis when that car took out his ft wheel.
I bet the others couldn't stop laughing when they heard. not funny though! , Frustrating when the GQ was at home.

MudRunnerTD
10th July 2013, 09:21 AM
Darren just saw you post, glad to hear you guys are ok. The panel beaters in Colac straitened Wayne's chassis when that car took out his ft wheel.
I bet the others couldn't stop laughing when they heard. not funny though! , Frustrating when the GQ was at home.

Pm'd you mate

healy
10th July 2013, 09:39 AM
No good mate hope it gets sorted quickly for you

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Motorculture mobile app

Penchy
10th July 2013, 02:12 PM
so did this trip happen yet?

knakkers
10th July 2013, 02:18 PM
I did a snow run last weekend up to Mt Selma & Mt Useful. There is heaps of snow up there at the moment. It was great fun. We had about 9 vehicles, it actually started snowing pretty heavy on Mt Selma while we were having lunch. Kids had heaps of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk