PDA

View Full Version : Novice Kinglake

TheLocksmith
21st June 2013, 12:34 AM
:SNruQWn369624407:

Anyone wanting to head out on Saturday 22nd/Sunday 23rd.
I'm a novice so looking for some basic tracks. Will be popping the cherry on the Patrol.
Have all recovery gear etc, just no winch.

krbrooking
21st June 2013, 02:10 AM
Wish I could mate, you will prob find that most of the tracks are closed now until round melb cup weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Hodge
21st June 2013, 05:56 AM
Try mount disappointment. Most of the basic tracks are still open mate. If I had my tyres is come for a run.

Sent from my Samsung S4 using Motorculture app

Bloodyaussie
21st June 2013, 08:23 AM
Mt dissa is crap nowadays... I could do those tracks in a lowered dunnydoor with my stock tyres on the back!!!

Might try and arrange and easy family day somewhere..??

As mentioned most tracks are shut now...boo hoo!!

trekster
21st June 2013, 09:32 AM
As mentioned most tracks are shut now...boo hoo!!

Why are they closed?

TheLocksmith
21st June 2013, 10:53 AM
Might try and arrange and easy family day

Got a spit going on, on Saturday :-) So happy to do Sunday. Say around 1100?

Ant

mudski
21st June 2013, 03:08 PM
Why are they closed?
Most tracks are closed during the winter to around late October to avoid people ripping the tracks up more than what they already are...

TheLocksmith
21st June 2013, 11:13 PM
Ok, going up to the old airstrip. Heading out about 0800 and going via Bowden Spur then watsons road.

If you want to come along? Give us a call ( mobile number 0409406678). Very basic and easy drive

Thanks

Ant

TPC
21st June 2013, 11:34 PM
Ok, going up to the old airstrip. Heading out about 0800 and going via Bowden Spur then watsons road.

If you want to come along? Give us a call ( mobile number ). Very basic and easy drive

Thanks

Ant

Just my opinion but you probably best not putting your mobile number up, better to PM it to anybody interested.
You can edit your message if you want.

TheLocksmith
22nd June 2013, 05:23 AM
Just my opinion but you probably best not putting your mobile number up, better to PM it to anybody interested.
You can edit your message if you want.

Thanks for the good advice. But my home page on my profile links to my business, which lists my number anyway.

happygu
22nd June 2013, 08:29 AM
Good on you Ant for getting out there.

Can't come myself, as I am doing last minute setup and prep for my Simpson trip.

Good trip for some of you others that aren't into hard core stuff ..... bump.....bump

Mic

TheLocksmith
22nd June 2013, 08:24 PM
Might be doing the Simpson twice in 2014. Going with 4x4 earth and I also want to do the Patrol one which has the countdown started :)