PDA

View Full Version : Someones day ended bad

graeme1969
21st June 2013, 12:06 AM
Gday all,

Was on our first trip in the GQ to Coffin Bay and came across this maverick which had ended up high and dry on the rocks. Initially I thought that it had been bogged and washed up onto the rocks but after having a bit of a look around it looked like it had hit the rocks hard. It did not look like water had been through it yet, but that was a few weeks ago now. Unfortunately the missus became a bit nervouse of beach driving after coming across this.

Any one over that way know what happened?

TPC
21st June 2013, 12:17 AM
Wonder if it was stolen, who would drive their own car into that.

graeme1969
21st June 2013, 12:19 AM
The only thing that I could think of was that it may have been night time and/or covered in seaweed.

MudRunnerTD
21st June 2013, 12:22 AM
Yeah Stolen car for sure! That front bar damage did not happen on those rocks.

graeme1969
21st June 2013, 12:29 AM
Here is one more pic from front on with the missus and young bloke checking it out. Still not sold on the stolen idea though. Looks like the rocks in that area could be responsible for the bar damage.

BigRAWesty
21st June 2013, 12:37 AM
Na she's stolen, missing number plates...
But dam.. I bet they shat themselves when they hit that rock patch..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Clunk
21st June 2013, 01:32 AM
Wonder what the red n white tape I'd foe

Don't slap it, tap it!!!!

NP99
21st June 2013, 07:31 AM
Bastards.......hope karma gets the grubs who stole it.

Bloodyaussie
21st June 2013, 08:48 AM
Did it have the mighty td42 in it??

What a waste if this the case.

Hard to say number plates come off very easy....

graeme1969
21st June 2013, 09:55 AM
Didn't look to in depth around it to see if the engine was still there but everything on the interior was intact and in reasonable condition.

Recon
23rd June 2013, 04:30 PM
Wonder what the red n white tape I'd foe

I know Police put tape on vehicles in such instances to show any other members of the constabulary know that the vehicle has been spotted and recorded. In Vic its generally blue and white tape so it may not be the case here, it is just my assumption. If it was them though, they may well have taken the plates too.