PDA

View Full Version : Snorkel head angle

threedogs
17th June 2013, 09:35 AM
Been looking at all the different Snorkel heads available, From pre cleaner, cyclonic and Ram head styles.
I will be going for Ram head style ,but whats the go , as some are angled to 45% others ,have full ram.
Some even face down completely, some even catch the air coming off the windscreen. Does anyone know the benifits of one over the others,???
I know pre cleaner are the best for keeping out the nasties but they look too daggy.
I'd maybe fit one if living in the Territory or the time.
Main use would be typical convoy style drives,

Drew
17th June 2013, 11:39 AM
Been looking at all the different Snorkel heads available, From pre cleaner, cyclonic and Ram head styles.
I will be going for Ram head style ,but whats the go , as some are angled to 45% others ,have full ram.
Some even face down completely, some even catch the air coming off the windscreen. Does anyone know the benifits of one over the others,???
I know pre cleaner are the best for keeping out the nasties but they look too daggy.
I'd maybe fit one if living in the Territory or the time.
Main use would be typical convoy style drives,

Isn't there a sock that goes inside for the safari, that would reduce some of the dagginess :)

threedogs
17th June 2013, 11:52 AM
Yeah thanks Drew they are more to catch bugs and moths etc.
I'm trying to find out the advantages of one over another,like why angle the head downward
45 degrees.

pascal1
17th June 2013, 06:43 PM
facing forward or backward, up or down, left or right ... ? you can check this:
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?21312-Snorkle-intake-backwards-better-fuel-economy....GU8