PDA

View Full Version : CRD Oil Filters - What/Where/How Much

TheFlyingBadger
29th December 2010, 12:23 PM
Fellas

From reading around (both here and elsewhere) it seems that doing an oil change every 5000Km is good form with the CRD. Casper's now done 4000Km, so I'm starting to think about needing to prepare for changing his oil in a few weeks. The logbook services will still get done by a "proper" mechanic, i'll be asking around for a good one of them at some point!

Oil-wise, the Caltex Delo 400 seems to be the go - so i'll grab myself a drum of that from somewhere local, but :-

what brand of filter should I be using
how much should i be paying for them
where should i get them from - either local in perth, or should i get them online?

Cheers

Jon

Woof
29th December 2010, 06:03 PM
Fellas

From reading around (both here and elsewhere) it seems that doing an oil change every 5000Km is good form with the CRD. Casper's now done 4000Km, so I'm starting to think about needing to prepare for changing his oil in a few weeks. The logbook services will still get done by a "proper" mechanic, i'll be asking around for a good one of them at some point!

Oil-wise, the Caltex Delo 400 seems to be the go - so i'll grab myself a drum of that from somewhere local, but :-

what brand of filter should I be using
how much should i be paying for them
where should i get them from - either local in perth, or should i get them online?

Cheers

Jon

Hi Jon, me personally would be buying Genuine Patrol filters from Nissan mate, but that's just my opinion.

TheFlyingBadger
29th December 2010, 08:07 PM
Hi Jon, me personally would be buying Genuine Patrol filters from Nissan mate, but that's just my opinion.

cheers doggy, so is just direct from the Nissan dealer the best way? I'll go and get one in a week or two (after payday!).

NIZZBITS
3rd January 2011, 06:26 PM
cheers doggy, so is just direct from the Nissan dealer the best way? I'll go and get one in a week or two (after payday!).

Be careful in Perth. Most dealers are related to Ned Kelly in some way or another. :)
Better to get half a dozen (3 or 4 at least to make it worth the postage) from an online source like us or somewhere else. Check prices at your dealer before wandering down there.

Macgyver
10th January 2011, 10:25 PM
Yep,Just use genuine parts, you know they will work.

TheFlyingBadger
10th January 2011, 10:27 PM
i'm going to go and get one in the morning (no time to buy online this time, too disorganised). how much (ballpark) should i be paying for a filter for the CRD?

TheFlyingBadger
11th January 2011, 11:11 AM
Giant - Osbourne Park

filter $37.80
drain plug washer $3.85

Northside - Wangara

filter $36.65
drain plug washer $3.71

TheFlyingBadger
11th January 2011, 08:40 PM
got them from northside. changed the oil with no dramas. the scariest bit about the thing was the $18 they charged me for a tiny pot of touch-up paint! that'll serve me right for buying a colour-coded bullbar... :(

wogboy
31st January 2011, 10:43 PM
Talk to Garry NIZZBITS

patch697
31st January 2011, 10:53 PM
Talk to Garry NIZZBITS

Bloody good bloke & a friend to all Nissan owners for sure.