PDA

View Full Version : New seats for my GQ

matty_3977
11th June 2013, 10:43 AM
Hey guys just shooting this out there to see if anybody knows or if its even possible.

Is there a seat that bolts straight into the GQ wagon without any modification, I'm talking from another car not aftermarket.

I understand there are a few seats with slight mods can go in but honestly I CBF (I'm lazy like that).

There is a few threads on here about mods to seats to get them in so if anybody know if something that can just bolt in it might help others too.

Thanks in advance.

Stropp
11th June 2013, 09:18 PM
Mate check out the post by great southern camping, he has fitted xr6 seats with a couple of small mods.

AB
11th June 2013, 09:24 PM
Growler fitted VX seats to his GQ and they were spot on and lined up perfectly.

I fitted VZ seats and they required an offset plate on one side.

As mentioned above, Scotty (GSC) fitted XR6 seats with mods.

Don't quote me and check for yourself on the bolt holes of your original seats but I think they were 372mm???

There's lots of chats on many forums about what bolts up perfectly and from my experience I think Holden Commodore brought out about 3 different bolt patterns on their seats but if you don't want to do any mods than measure your bolt pattern (I think 372mm) and then go to the wreckers and measure some bolt patterns from VX to VZ.

I haven't heard of any other models lining up perfectly though.

Winnie
11th June 2013, 09:27 PM
I fitted VY seats too and had to extend the rear bolt holes, then it was very slightly too far towards the door and would not let the seat belt retract so I took them out.
If I were to change my seats now I would have a good read of GSCs thread and copy those!

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

AB
2nd November 2013, 03:46 PM
Fixed the issue with seat belt not retracting.

Simple...just remove the adjuster knobs, works a treat now!

MudRunnerTD
2nd November 2013, 04:38 PM
Hahahahabana!!! Retractable seat belts!! That still work!! Awesome!

Even my GUIV fails this test! Gave up on the GQ years ago

AB
2nd November 2013, 05:28 PM
Hahahahabana!!! Retractable seat belts!! That still work!! Awesome!

Even my GUIV fails this test! Gave up on the GQ years ago

What's going on with your cars mr...

Clock doesn't work (mine doesn't either)
Odometer broken
Seat belts
What else???

Jonesy_sa
24th July 2014, 09:52 PM
Do you sit lower in the commodore seats or gain any back seat legroom?
Also, when discussion the seat hole measurements are you referring to the foremost mounting point on the seat itself, what the seat rails bold too?

AB
24th July 2014, 09:58 PM
You site higher, gain a bit of leg room in the front and definitely loose leg room in the back but I have a 4 year old and a 4 month old so happy days for a few years!

Have a read of the below thread mate for my DIY on it...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?14473-DIY-Commodore-seats-in-GQ-VZ&highlight=commodore+seats