PDA

View Full Version : radiator went south

dsm2750
28th December 2010, 07:02 PM
Good afternoon all . Well I thought I would just put up a post about my day started off thinking I might go and change the drive belts on the GU as there were starting to show signs of cracking .. Went down to supercheap had all the belts I needed .. On the way to a mates place to help with the changing of said belts the radiator decided to go south .. big crack in the top tank .. Who do I call now being a public holiday most wreckers are closed .. on the off chance called auto one in Penrith and they had one in stock .. on the plus side the belts will be easier to change with the radiator out :-) ..

NissanGQ4.2
28th December 2010, 07:48 PM
Mate, buy urself a lotto ticket, I'm very surprised Auto one in Penrith had one in stock

patch697
28th December 2010, 10:52 PM
Murphy's law mate, Murphy's law

If I new where to find him I'd cick him in the goodies for ya myself...( Not to mention all the times the bugger got me to)...lololol

Woof
28th December 2010, 11:04 PM
So lucky there mate, great news.

dsm2750
29th December 2010, 01:48 PM
I thought of buying a lotto ticket but I might have used all my luck .. After pulling out the old radiator it looks like it might have been the original one and was very brittle .. still had that sponge stuff around it top and bottom .. took the thermostat out and that was even stamped with the nissan logo .. and the cost was $391 not to bad I thought for such a large radiator ..

YNOT
29th December 2010, 02:48 PM
That's a great price, as you said it's a huge radiator for a Patrol.

Tony

patch697
29th December 2010, 06:40 PM
I thought of buying a lotto ticket but I might have used all my luck .. After pulling out the old radiator it looks like it might have been the original one and was very brittle .. still had that sponge stuff around it top and bottom .. took the thermostat out and that was even stamped with the nissan logo .. and the cost was $391 not to bad I thought for such a large radiator ..

Good score mate, keep us posted

Finly Owner
30th December 2010, 12:22 AM
Good price for radiator as i paid 380 from radiator shop.

Cadbury
31st December 2010, 05:51 PM
I was stranded on Christmas Eve with a leaking inlet tank and it cost me $600 to repair.