PDA

View Full Version : Turbo change out

Harry
28th December 2010, 01:29 PM
Hi everyone I have a quick question and that is what size socket do I need to remove the banjo bolt for the oil supply under the turbo. I have a 2004 3ltr engine. I have unplugged the senor but cant remove from banjo either. Any help?????

NissanGQ4.2
28th December 2010, 01:44 PM
Its always nice 2 post up an intro before asking for help

You can post up an into here (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions)

Sorry can't help u out on ur problem, but i'm sure one of the other members will be able 2 help you out

Cheers

Todd

Finly Owner
30th December 2010, 12:59 AM
It will be metric. Not sure what size. Commons are 24,25,27,28,32mm. if smaller 17,19,21

Harry
31st December 2010, 03:13 PM
Thanks Finly, I finally tracked down a 27mm long series socket and have removed. Now I just have to find some plugs for the two extra pipes that were on the 2000 model.(coolant and oil.) I hope it will work, will let everyone know when I get all the bits sorted. This car stuff is addictive isn't it.

YNOT
31st December 2010, 04:40 PM
Be careful blocking oil hoses or you'll be doing the job again next week. You must have an oil feed and drain to the turbo.
Car stuff is addictive for some and a pain in the butt for others. I enjoy it more now that I'm not doing it for a living (still working as a mechanic but not on cars).

Tony

Finly Owner
31st December 2010, 11:12 PM
Be careful blocking oil hoses or you'll be doing the job again next week. You must have an oil feed and drain to the turbo.
Car stuff is addictive for some and a pain in the butt for others. I enjoy it more now that I'm not doing it for a living (still working as a mechanic but not on cars).

Tony

Keep up offering help around here and it might become a second income.....PML