PDA

View Full Version : Sickos out there, take care all

Woof
3rd June 2013, 05:08 PM
Copied from GQ PATROL OWNERS GROUP
" WARNING ALL 4X4 DRIVERS James Thomo Thompson allegedly found this/these while out 4WD'ing buried in bog hole's in the Victoria Gembrook region. It's alleged steel star fence picket sharpened to a point. We agree'd not only could/would it take out your car, but if you innocently got out and slipped.. that this may well pierce the body. Please share to be aware."
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/Uriah57/931387_254198568054302_1505238831_n_zps8e39d495.jp g (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Uriah57/media/931387_254198568054302_1505238831_n_zps8e39d495.jp g.html)

93patrol
3rd June 2013, 05:10 PM
why would people in their right mind do this for??

mudnut
3rd June 2013, 05:13 PM
Makes my blood boil. There was a couple of incidents like that in the pine forests, last year. One farmer trying to clear a fire break damaged a couple of tyres on his tractor, costing him thousands, when he hit some tyre spikes.

rusty_nail
3rd June 2013, 05:17 PM
yeah seen this one circulating FB today, its abit of a worry that there are d!cKh*** out there that do this cr@p!

NissanGQ4.2
3rd June 2013, 05:42 PM
Thanks Wayne, I was getting around 2 it :)

F#$%##% A##holes

Woof
3rd June 2013, 05:44 PM
Just moved it here as it is definitely related to our safety

threedogs
3rd June 2013, 05:46 PM
As with all above I don't know what will be acheived from this, hope the Police know of such devices,
I'm emailing my club straight away. thanks for highlighting this

NP99
3rd June 2013, 06:02 PM
Yep, should be reported to the Police. Hate to see a dirt bike rider get done!

growler2058
3rd June 2013, 06:25 PM
Damn roosterheads

taslucas
3rd June 2013, 06:46 PM
Thats absolutely ship.

The park rangers have "spiked" a few bog holes on the west coast of tas. The spiked bog holes are fenced off and right next to the proper gravel roads and they are also sign posted so theres no way youre gonna go in one unless your doing the wrong thing. Its sad but thats the only way they can stop the hoons ripping up the camp grounds and grass areas.

What the above people have done though is just plain psychopathic!

4wdreaming
3rd June 2013, 06:52 PM
Would like take it and stick it up the date of person who put it there

healy
3rd June 2013, 06:55 PM
This happens every couple of years in gembrook and I honestly think its some of the locals as they do get pi$$ed of at all the traffic but in my opinion if ya gonna live next to a state forest etc then put up with it or move and yes a$$holes is a nice way of putting it

taslucas
3rd June 2013, 06:58 PM
they should put their time and effort into buying a 4wd then they would all see how fun it is to drive them!

threedogs
3rd June 2013, 06:59 PM
Someone has taken a bit of time to fab that spike, its akin to a loaded gun, IMO

MEGOMONSTER
3rd June 2013, 07:16 PM
This is unbelievable, why would you even think about doing that sort of shit.

Matty_D
3rd June 2013, 07:19 PM
Albany WA it has been alleged that people have been putting up fishing wire across tracks, not only could this seriously hurt someone but if it was to get them in the between protective gear and helmet, AKA the neck... could quite easily slice through...

Pathetic

AB
3rd June 2013, 07:35 PM
Just edited some correct spelling of swear words gents. I'm trying to get us up higher in Google and we have lost some spots and It's been a nightmare this year.

Just change the spelling or do the old %^&* symbols so Google can't read it...lol.....Cheers blokes.

krbrooking
3rd June 2013, 07:36 PM
This is absolutely shocking if I saw someone doing this I would hook them up to my snatchy and well we all know what comes next. They have actually gone out of their way to make that spike.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

phelonius
3rd June 2013, 08:05 PM
holy far*.
This is ridiculous. Why would someone do it?
Maybe they're jealous of the fun we're having.

Irvs
3rd June 2013, 08:57 PM
Geez I was out in Labertouche last friday. Now I'm glad the 80 series bent the drag link and we had to go home before we went over to Gembrook.

taslucas
3rd June 2013, 10:27 PM
Geez I was out in Labertouche last friday. Now I'm glad the 80 series bent the drag link and we had to go home before we went over to Gembrook.

Mystery solved guys, it was a bit that fell off the 80 series......

DX grunt
3rd June 2013, 10:53 PM
Thats absolutely ship.

The park rangers have "spiked" a few bog holes on the west coast of tas. The spiked bog holes are fenced off and right next to the proper gravel roads and they are also sign posted so theres no way youre gonna go in one unless your doing the wrong thing. Its sad but thats the only way they can stop the hoons ripping up the camp grounds and grass areas.

What the above people have done though is just plain psychopathic!

I can't believe what I've just read! Unbelievable!! It could be a blank cheque waiting to be written! Far out!!

SonOf
4th June 2013, 06:20 AM
The guys that do this are just plain nut bags - most likely don't realise the potential for serious harm & if they do most likely don't care or think it funny

We had a guy here in Hobart stringing barbed wire across some bike tracks not that long ago, he was apparently annoyed at the riders going past him fast while walking his dog!!!! To make it better he was a teacher and ended up getting a slap on the wrist like WTF!

It is a shame people like this don't win more "Darwin awards"

taslucas
4th June 2013, 07:53 AM
there is a guy that lived no far from my parents house who was sick of kids riding in the forestry near his property (we're talking nearly a k away). He strung up some plastic electric fence tape and one of the kids (about 13yo) got flung off his bike and broke his arm. The w@nker just denied it and nothing happened to him. (yet.....)

albone90
4th June 2013, 10:24 AM
sad how many people are against 4x4ing these days

Safari Njema
5th August 2013, 01:38 AM
Some cannot bear to see others simply enjoying themselves. Goodness alone knows what makes them tick!

trekster
5th August 2013, 06:57 AM
Dear oh dear, I have heard of this sort of thing out the back of Coffs where they have set traps etc due to there being "crops". I bet most people wouldn't even look twice if they drove past one.

florix
21st August 2013, 11:13 AM
This is appalling. Especially when kids come on "mud trips" that would go straight through them!!

florix
21st August 2013, 11:16 AM
@trekster. Do you have anymore info about coffs? I plan on going there in the near future and don't want to walk out of the bush without a foot

trekster
21st August 2013, 12:43 PM
@trekster. Do you have anymore info about coffs? I plan on going there in the near future and don't want to walk out of the bush without a foot

Most areas are safe mate, it's out near the back of Bellingen etc, from what I heard, I've been out heaps around the area and had no problems whatsoever, every time I go out I hardly see anyone etc as well. Let me know if you want to know of some good tracks/places of interest etc and what you're wanting to do in Coffs.

Cheers,
Eric.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

threedogs
21st August 2013, 12:47 PM
Would this be classed as attempted murder if the culprits were caught ?
They are out to hurt some one and stop them from entering an area.?

rkinsey
21st August 2013, 02:32 PM
Someone has taken a bit of time to fab that spike, its akin to a loaded gun, IMO

If caught, the person or persons involved can be charged with installing a "Man trap" which goes with a fairly hefty jail term. 20 years if I remember correctly.

Get the local club to install some remote IR cameras in the trees around the hole and with a bit of patience you just might catch the moron in the act. Then send the footage to the police.

Bet they wouldn't be laughing at that point.

Cheers,

Rob

syreian
23rd August 2013, 09:26 PM
omg thats just stupid i hope they catch the ppl responsible for putting those down

Parksy
25th August 2013, 09:23 AM
Stupid dicks. I really hope they get caught. Gembrook is my home town and there's some excellent tracks out there. Unfortunately there isn't any way to know that all the bog holes and puddles are clean. I just can't believe that people think of these things and actually execute them. What purpose does it serve?!?!

Mokman
22nd August 2014, 03:49 PM
jeez this stuff really gets to me...
People just dont think! A lot of us are families that go out and enjoy what our great country has to offer then some numpties come along & potentially cause severe injuries and potentially fatalities because they dont agree with our life style!

phtest
15th September 2014, 10:43 AM
Who the hell is doing this? You could bloody kill someone? Idiots