PDA

View Full Version : mq 5 speed

wankel
3rd June 2013, 04:07 PM
so ive put my engine and gearbox back together and have realised ive lost the pushrod to the clutch fork.
i have one off a 4sp slave but it looks like the 5speed one needs to be much longer.
can anybody confirm the length of the pushrod and please post up a picture of how the rod sits in the fork itself as i have lost whatever sits in that hole.

cheers

janderson
3rd June 2013, 06:08 PM
so ive put my engine and gearbox back together and have realised ive lost the pushrod to the clutch fork.
i have one off a 4sp slave but it looks like the 5speed one needs to be much longer.
can anybody confirm the length of the pushrod and please post up a picture of how the rod sits in the fork itself as i have lost whatever sits in that hole.

cheers

Both my old G60 & MQ I replaced with a home made one. Old screwdriver, Just cut to size.

wankel
3rd June 2013, 11:59 PM
yeh ive cut and rounded a piece to fit in terms of length. any idea of what sits in the hole on the fork as the rod would just pass straight through. i was trying to avoid welding a washer into the hole but i guess i shouldnt have lost the original stopper...

janderson
4th June 2013, 04:27 PM
I welded a nut to it. Never had any problems. With both trucks I think I used them for over 10 years.

wankel
4th June 2013, 06:24 PM
yeh ive done exactly that. screwdriver worked a treat. cheers mate