PDA

View Full Version : How to edit your Avatar and Profile Picture

NissanGQ4.2
27th December 2010, 01:38 PM
The difference between Avatar and Profile Pictures

Your Avatar Picture is displayed in all posts, announcments, ect

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 390.6 KB (whichever is smaller).

PROFILE PICTURE

Your Profile Picture is only displayed when somebody views your profile

NOTE: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 64.0 KB (whichever is smaller).

To Edit your Avatar Picture

1. Left mouse click on "Forum Actions" then select "General Settings" in the grey toolbar ( this will open the settings page )
2. On the left hand side of the screen under "My Settings", left mouse click "Edit Avatar" ( this will open the edit Avatar picture page )
3. Under "Custom Avatar" You will have 3 choices

Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website: ....just type in the web address of where the picture is located ( choose this if the picture you want is hosted on another website.....photobucket.....etc )

Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer: to do this left mouse click on "Browse" ( this will open up the File Upload Dialog Box ) Somewhere on the hard drive is the picture you want, when you find it

1. Double left mouse click on it ( this should take you back to the Edit Avatar page, you should now have the details of your file location in the text field located on the left hand side of browse.

Option 3 - Select a Pre-defined Generic Avatar: to do this left mouse click on the circle next to the text under the Avatar you want
Now Left mouse click on "Save Changes"

To Edit your Profile Picture

1. Left mouse click on "Settings" at the top of the page ( this will open the settings page )
2. On the left hand side of the screen under "My Settings", left mouse click "Edit profile picture" ( this will open the edit profile picture page )
3. Under "Custom profile picture" You will have 2 choices

Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website: ....just type in the web address of where the picture is located ( choose this if the picture you want is hosted on another website.....photobucket.....etc )

Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer: to do this left mouse click on "Browse" ( this will open up the File Upload Dialog Box ) Somewhere on the hard drive is the picture you want, when you find it

1. Double left mouse click on it ( this should take you back to the Edit profile picture page, you should now have the details of your file location in the text field located on the left hand side of browse.

2. Left mouse click on "Save Changes"

patch697
28th December 2010, 10:07 AM
Nicely done Todd Cheers mate.

AB
30th December 2010, 08:40 PM
Nice work Todd, thanks mate!

NissanGQ4.2
30th December 2010, 08:49 PM
No worries AB, had already posted this in another thread trying to help another member out, and just thought it should be moved into this category, to make it easier for other members 2 see :)

Kelvinator
4th June 2014, 04:35 AM
None of this works anymore, what am i doing wrong. Also what happened to being able to edit our signatures

AB
4th June 2014, 06:28 AM
None of this works anymore, what am i doing wrong. Also what happened to being able to edit our signatures

Hey mate we upgraded the forum to a newer version.

All of these features still work, I'm just on the phone so can't see the menu but have a play around let us know if you still can't find it and ill put up a how to post this afternoon.

NissanGQ4.2
4th June 2014, 08:53 PM

Give it a go now, I just quickly updated the instructions, should of only been the first step that needed editing but not 100% and don't have time 2 go through it all at the moment sorry.

Who the hell would update there forum!!!!

AB
4th June 2014, 08:59 PM
Give it a go now, I just quickly updated the instructions, should of only been the first step that needed editing but not 100% and don't have time 2 go through it all at the moment sorry.

Who the hell would update there forum!!!!

Some moron...lol

It's a much better place now...keep up with the times!!!

NissanGQ4.2
4th June 2014, 09:07 PM
Some moron...lol

It's a much better place now...keep up with the times!!!

yeh gotta keep up with the times..... So do you want some more mods / updates pm'd 2 you now???? *L*

Dannyboyz
5th June 2016, 07:58 AM
Hey guys I'm guessing from reading this thread that I cant create an Avatar on my phone and I need to do it on a computer?

Clunk
5th June 2016, 08:04 AM
Hey guys I'm guessing from reading this thread that I cant create an Avatar on my phone and I need to do it on a computer?
You can on tapatalk, just tap on your name, takes you to your profile. You should see a little camera symbol, tap on you name again and you should be able to edit your avatar then

Dannyboyz
5th June 2016, 08:05 AM
Ok mate I'll give it a go cheers

Cheers, Danny

Dannyboyz
5th June 2016, 08:14 AM
Thanks for that clunk, just got onto tapatalk the other day so still trying to figure it all out, can I post photos with it too? Also how do you quote like you did on my first post?

Cheers, Danny

Clunk
5th June 2016, 08:29 AM
Thanks for that clunk, just got onto tapatalk the other day so still trying to figure it all out, can I post photos with it too? Also how do you quote like you did on my first post?

Cheers, Danny
To quote, just tap on the post you want to quote, then tap on the arrow that bends to the left...... thats on an android device, may look different on a crapple.

To post a photo tap on the 3 dots on the top right, then tap reply. You'll then see your typing area. I usually then just tap on y he symbol that looks like a couple of mountains, 2nd from the left

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/53.jpg

You can tap on multiple posts as well to quote

Dannyboyz
5th June 2016, 08:40 AM
Thanks alot mate. Might make it look a bit more like I know what im doing 👍

Cheers, Danny

1998 GU wagon - 2.8 out - mighty 4.2 in. Locked front and rear with 4.6 ratios. 4 inch heavy duty coils. Tough dog adjustable shocks. Too much to mention and hopefully more to come.

NissanGQ4.2
5th June 2016, 09:16 AM
Thanks Clunk for adding the info for android phones and helping get Danny sorted :)

Clunk
5th June 2016, 10:07 AM
Thanks Clunk for adding the info for android phones and helping get Danny sorted :)
All good numnuts

NissanGQ4.2
5th June 2016, 11:08 AM
All good numnuts

Their not numb, still a bit tender and sore :(