PDA

View Full Version : Tallarook trip report vids and photos

AB
2nd June 2013, 04:42 PM
I'm probably first one home so ill start it off,

Great day gents had and an absolute ball!!!

Spent a fortune at the car wash. It's amazing how much it changes when it's wet. Very slippery and muddy day. I only have a couple of vids, I think you all know that I'm pretty hopeless on videoing the trips by now...lol

Johnathon flooded his car which was great to watch. Tim's fan broke and nearly ripped through his radiator and i climbed up a steep hill in the wet which is the first two vids below. It doesn't look like much on the vid but at the top it was steep rocky step ups that were mossy and absolute zero traction so the beast had to be flogged.

We need to do more of these trips blokes, loved it!

More to come from the other lads when they get home!

My camera sucks on the phone so enjoy the fuzziness of the Iphone!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjasTMiplDU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jNsvE7F8gU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56W_XqAvQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yeq-J_mhDw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4nF3Nf4T6E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDxLfPvMoX0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_c96jNREsU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p063iCYUaAY

Winnie
2nd June 2013, 04:53 PM
Johnno you tripper what were you thinking?? Wish I was there boys looks like you had fun!

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

growler2058
2nd June 2013, 05:02 PM
That looks like a bloody ball, wish I had Agatha there to show you boys how its done :)

Winnie
2nd June 2013, 05:10 PM
Who's is the champagne GU with P plates? Sounds awesome!

Oh and George, how did your new tyres go??

AB
2nd June 2013, 05:25 PM
Who's is the champagne GU with P plates? Sounds awesome!

Oh and George, how did your new tyres go??

Tim: 2.8pwr. Yeah it sounds pretty mean actually.

George did well mate, he's blossoming...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

MEGOMONSTER
2nd June 2013, 05:37 PM
Would have been a great day out there.

Drewboyaus
2nd June 2013, 06:17 PM
That's Too funny!
I can't believe that hole has got you again mate.....
Johnathan, I assume that hill AB is going up in the first vid is the one we had to help Steve in his Amarok earlier this year when he got hung up. A bit different in the wet!
Great stuff too George.

healy
2nd June 2013, 06:56 PM
Looks like you guys had a good day and George got his clean machine all dirty lol

Sir Roofy
2nd June 2013, 07:43 PM
Well done george you are really taking to 4x4ing

ba when are going to learn to walk it and poke it
to see whats on the bottom

Winnie
2nd June 2013, 07:53 PM
Roofy I tihnk he's been in that hole enough times to know that all that is in the bottom is SLOP! lmao

Sir Roofy
2nd June 2013, 07:59 PM
roofy i tihnk he's been in that hole enough times to know that all that is in the bottom is slop! Lmao

but it gets deeper with every other car that goes through it when hes not there

healy
2nd June 2013, 08:00 PM
but it gets deeper with every other car that goes through it when hes not there

Dont tell him that

Winnie
2nd June 2013, 08:09 PM
Don't worry Jonathan you'll get it next time for sure mate!

Bloodyaussie
2nd June 2013, 08:11 PM
Just got home... bloody tired after a busted a lower control arm and with the help from the boys limped home at 70kmh down the hume.

I must thank Kevin bryden George and Ryan who helped me get out of there... pretty hairy stuff and George sat behind me the whole way to keep an eye on things and keep traffic at bay.

I had a brilliant day and except for drowning my car (on one side only) and busting the control arm it was tops.

I have pics and vids and will get round to it tomorrow, I am off to bed now and watch a movie then it is up and atom to fix my car as I have so much work on in Toorak tomorrow?

Thanks again guys really brilliant crew... and a special mention to AB for sticking it to that hill and to George for getting into it and in a short time has a better understanding than many who have been doing this much longer... well done!!!!!!!!

Nighty night.

Hodge
2nd June 2013, 08:13 PM
Definitely looks like a fun day out!

Sir Roofy
2nd June 2013, 08:19 PM
don't worry jonathan you'll get it next time for sure mate!

yep 37s should let you through

Winnie
2nd June 2013, 08:34 PM
Hey Jonathan that's the same control arm I busted when I was at Tallarook! That would have been scary driving home!

Bloodyaussie
3rd June 2013, 06:46 AM
Hey Jonathan that's the same control arm I busted when I was at Tallarook! That would have been scary driving home!

Yes it was mate.... by the time I got home there was 2cm of steel still attached...

The car was steering from the ass end and we ratchet straps holding it in place!!!!

Alitis007
3rd June 2013, 07:32 AM
To say i had an awesome time yesterday is an understatement!! Thanks to everyone there Jonathan for organizing another fantastic trip, Andy, Kev, Brydon and Tom or Tim ( sorry mate i'm bad with names lol ) and my mate Rohan who was riding shotgun who helped me picking my lines, thanks guys you mate the day that much better!
Cant wait till the next one guys!!!

I did get my self stuck twice but freed my self both times, first was in that puddle that AB filmed and the other going down some track that my lack of body height and having my rear locker on found my bellied out. But i had heaps of fun getting my self unstuck while Jonathan was showing off his reversing skills AGAIN lol.
I'll post the pics i have some time during the day..

Chris the tyres were awesome and the extra ground clearance makes a huge difference and i now know why a suspension lift is needed.

To the everyone who came to the last Tallarook meet, going up West Falls rd on the wet, slippery clay was the best lol, sideways and playing with the throttle in 2nd is the most fun you can have with your cloths on hahaha.

threedogs
3rd June 2013, 08:11 AM
yeah its a great track going up in the wet,feathering throttle in 2nd, oh yeah you should try it with an arrogant pr%%k coming down believing its his road.
rule of thumb going up has right of way, all that mud George, I sense you're a happy camper

rusty_nail
3rd June 2013, 08:21 AM
looks like you guys had a ball!

Alitis007
3rd June 2013, 09:27 AM
yeah its a great track going up in the wet,feathering throttle in 2nd, oh yeah you should try it with an arrogant pr%%k coming down believing its his road.
rule of thumb going up has right of way, all that mud George, I sense you're a happy camper

So was the Broadford car wash lol i put in 20mins worth of gold coins just for the under carriage haha. The attendant even gave us tokens to wash the bay down after we where done.

That wasn't mud TD it was clay / mortar.

Lucky for us we where traveling thru the opposite parts of the park from the rest of the people playing there, apart from a few dirt bikes in the area.

mudnut
3rd June 2013, 09:32 AM
I hate you blokes. I'm still stuck at home!!!!

Sir Roofy
3rd June 2013, 10:13 AM
Good for you george youve come a long way in a short time

Alitis007
3rd June 2013, 12:29 PM
Good for you george youve come a long way in a short time

It helps a lot when you follow experienced guys and pay close attention to where they place there wheels because while their moving you can see why they chose a certain line, most of all i think you need to understand the cars limitations and how to use that to your advantage.

Bloodyaussie
3rd June 2013, 01:54 PM
29857298582985929860298612986229864298652986629867 29868

mudnut
3rd June 2013, 01:57 PM
Great photos BA, but you're just makin' me jealous.

Bloodyaussie
3rd June 2013, 02:00 PM

Alitis007
3rd June 2013, 02:04 PM
All i need to know is, did anyone film me getting out of that puddle ??? Lol

MudRunnerTD
3rd June 2013, 02:21 PM
Looks great!

Jonathan, if you need one mate i have a couple here. I have replaced the lower Trailing arms on both cars with Superior Engineering 4140 Lower arms for that exact reason! Weak as Piss. they would have to be the weakest link in the otherwise near bullet proof Nissan running gear! and they are so exposed!

Bloodyaussie
3rd June 2013, 02:29 PM
Cheers daz.. I have already replaced it with parts from my donor car but want to replace them with something tougher as that was shitful.
How much are the stronger ones?

Photos look crap when uploaded through motorculture. ..

Might post some up again when I download on my puter.

Just got back from toorak and when making tight turns the car runs wide and feels like the tyre is coming off..

The right pinion bearing has shit itself on the top and there is nearly half a centimeter of play..... scary.. locker is still another week away, that will be a one month wait for aussie made.

Alitis007
3rd June 2013, 02:29 PM
Jonathan bent his lower control arm coz when he tried to go up the last track the back wheel came off the ground spinning and when it came down the tyre bogged down and tried to lift the front of the car but because they're hollow it gave in..

My mate has the video and we studied it carefully to see what happened.

Ben-e-boy
3rd June 2013, 02:40 PM
Cheers daz.. I have already replaced it with parts from my donor car but want to replace them with something tougher as that was shitful.
How much are the stronger ones?

Photos look crap when uploaded through motorculture. ..

Might post some up again when I download on my puter.

Just got back from toorak and when making tight turns the car runs wide and feels like the tyre is coming off..

The right pinion bearing has shit itself on the top and there is nearly half a centimeter of play..... scary.. locker is still another week away, that will be a one month wait for aussie made.

http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=31_32_33_178&products_id=853
Here is the link for the arms.

Ben-e-boy
3rd June 2013, 02:44 PM
Jonathan bent his lower control arm coz when he tried to go up the last track the back wheel came off the ground spinning and when it came down the tyre bogged down and tried to lift the front of the car but because they're hollow it gave in..

My mate has the video and we studied it carefully to see what happened.

They are usually bent first. Usually from skull dragging up a ledge. I bent my stock ones the first time I went to the glass house for the first time, another bloke in the group snapped both in a GU not pretty., I welded a spine along the top after I straightened it in a press.

Bloodyaussie
3rd June 2013, 02:49 PM
Cheers Ben ... it will have to wait a bit as I have over spent lately and I have to concentrate on these renovations. ..

Doing everything for everyone else at the detriment of my family!!!

Ben-e-boy
3rd June 2013, 02:58 PM
Cheers Ben ... it will have to wait a bit as I have over spent lately and I have to concentrate on these renovations. ..

Doing everything for everyone else at the detriment of my family!!!
Bugger.. But the good thing is that they lay-by. I think up to 20 weeks, but not sure. I am lay-bying some gear at them moment. They can be very flexible with payment to which is good.

Winnie
3rd June 2013, 03:02 PM
I kinked mine when I bent the sill and it gave way under normal driving.
Tallarook: taker of clutches and rear lower control arms

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

Bloodyaussie
3rd June 2013, 04:01 PM
Yeah same spot.. had fixed in no time but the problem in the front is much worse.

I checked the top swivel bearing and it seems it is a wheel bearing that has let go.. bugger!!!

I have the rebuild kit here but no time and a wife who is going to shoot me.

Pissed off about that lokka

Alitis007
3rd June 2013, 04:05 PM
They are usually bent first. Usually from skull dragging up a ledge. I bent my stock ones the first time I went to the glass house for the first time, another bloke in the group snapped both in a GU not pretty., I welded a spine along the top after I straightened it in a press.

I remember seeing a small kink in Jonathan's lower control arms about 3 weeks ago but i guess something has got give under the conditions the cars go thru and its not like he was being a cowboy or anything, you will see when i get the video..

Ben-e-boy
3rd June 2013, 04:25 PM
I remember seeing a small kink in Jonathan's lower control arms about 3 weeks ago but i guess something has got give under the conditions the cars go thru and its not like he was being a cowboy or anything, you will see when i get the video..
No need to be a cowboy with those arms it dosnt take much

Bloodyaussie
3rd June 2013, 04:34 PM
I was not a cowboy.... I was a dick head!!!!!!!! we were on our way home and I thought I would quickly scoot up a rock face and bang... sounded like a .22 magnum being fired!!

Anyone know of a cheeky fix for my wheel bearing (temporary for 2 weeks).. I have a donor car and thought of using the hub off it but the disc is rooted and it has a auto locking hub??

The car is terrible to drive.

Ben-e-boy
3rd June 2013, 04:38 PM
I was not a cowboy.... I was a dick head!!!!!!!! we were on our way home and I thought I would quickly scoot up a rock face and bang... sounded like a .22 magnum being fired!!

Anyone know of a cheeky fix for my wheel bearing (temporary for 2 weeks).. I have a donor car and thought of using the hub off it but the disc is rooted and it has a auto locking hub??

The car is terrible to drive.
Are the noisy or loose?

Bloodyaussie
3rd June 2013, 04:41 PM
Loose as buggery... about 1cm of movement, I think it has colapsed??

Ben-e-boy
3rd June 2013, 04:43 PM
If its a temp/emergency fix preload them more, (tighten them up). If its collapsed there isnt much you can do but replace it

Irish
3rd June 2013, 04:43 PM
You could get the disk skimmed on the donor car and use that and it's wheel bearing plus your manual locking hub I reckon.

Bloodyaussie
3rd June 2013, 04:46 PM
Might as well just rebuild the hubs then and put the lokka in later!!!

krbrooking
3rd June 2013, 05:13 PM
Ok here are the photos I got will post up the vids thought the week when I get a chance.

At the damb for the lunch.

Airing up.

The spot where Jonathan broke his link.

Drewboyaus
3rd June 2013, 05:44 PM
I was not a cowboy.... I was a dick head!!!!!!!! we were on our way home and I thought I would quickly scoot up a rock face and bang... sounded like a .22 magnum being fired!!.

Jeeezzzz man. What did I say about the last track of the day?
"Just one more" claims another victim!

Bloodyaussie
4th June 2013, 04:37 PM
Video of AB doing it easy... then Bryden having a go in his 80... he ended up getting out without being pulled out by a GQ!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gYC7z_mZ08&feature=em-upload_owner

Sir Roofy
4th June 2013, 04:41 PM
Well he should have brought his dads nissan like last time
and wouldnt need a tow

growler2058
4th June 2013, 04:43 PM
Onya BA cant watch it its set on private

Bloodyaussie
4th June 2013, 04:57 PM
Its on private cant see it

All fixed now sorry!!!

Sir Roofy
4th June 2013, 05:06 PM
all fixed now sorry!!!

thanks mate was good

AB
4th June 2013, 05:33 PM
Video of AB doing it easy... then Bryden having a go in his 80... he ended up getting out without being pulled out by a GQ!!!

Yeah that was easy with a td42 gq...lmao

To be honest though it was a very tight bend and the larger gu's lost momentum as they rubbed on the inner side of the bend.

Sent from mc app

MudRunnerTD
4th June 2013, 05:37 PM
Hey BA why cant you just grab the old whee bearing out of the donor car and install it into your car mate? i would not even worry about the bearing race, stuff it mate, its for 2 weeks! Better than a collapsed one?

Strip it out, repack it and throw it into your daily. 20 minutes and your done, 15 maybe? Confused?

Bloodyaussie
4th June 2013, 05:43 PM
Hey BA why cant you just grab the old whee bearing out of the donor car and install it into your car mate? i would not even worry about the bearing race, stuff it mate, its for 2 weeks! Better than a collapsed one?

Strip it out, repack it and throw it into your daily. 20 minutes and your done, 15 maybe? Confused?

You've missed a lot Daz..... have a read through my thread...

MudRunnerTD
4th June 2013, 05:45 PM
You've missed a lot Daz..... have a read through my thread...

yeah i did?? Still confused a little.

you have replaced a king pin bearing off the donor which is great and it seems like you have collapsed wheel bearing? did i miss something?

Feel your pain mate.

Bloodyaussie
4th June 2013, 05:48 PM
Mate it seems to be coming from the rear and I wonder if driving home 80km has damaged the uni or shaft or something... rear left shock has a big dent in it??? not 100% sure what else as I found this out after I got changed and picked the kids up and now I am cooking so???

MudRunnerTD
4th June 2013, 05:51 PM
Mate it seems to be coming from the rear and I wonder if driving home 80km has damaged the uni or shaft or something... rear left shock has a big dent in it??? not 100% sure what else as I found this out after I got changed and picked the kids up and now I am cooking so???

Is the dent where it hit the bump stop plate welded to the diff? very common.

could be a Uni?? could be all sorts of things. ahve you got a grease gun mate? grease the Unis. Are the front Hubs Unlocked?

growler2058
4th June 2013, 06:27 PM

Damn that's just bloody painful watching that 80..........I think I can I think I can..........nup cant

Bloodyaussie
4th June 2013, 06:32 PM
I was leading the drive and got up it 2nd attempt and AB of course smoked it... Then both George and Brydan eventually got up it but both the GU deisels needed to be recovered by the mighty GQ!!!!

Drewboyaus
4th June 2013, 06:36 PM
I was leading the drive and got up it 2nd attempt and AB of course smoked it... Then both George and Brydan eventually got up it but both the GU deisels needed to be recovered by the mighty GQ!!!!

Go the mighty TB42! Diesel shmiesel I say!

MudRunnerTD
4th June 2013, 06:49 PM
Go the mighty TB42! Diesel shmiesel I say!

You know you want one!!

Winnie
4th June 2013, 06:57 PM

So what have we learnt? GO the TD42 GQ!

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

Bloodyaussie
4th June 2013, 06:57 PM
I do ... its on my bucket list.... either a wreck of a car or a good deal on just the engine, prefer the wreck so I get all the bits and bobs!!

I so feel your pain right now Daz and your only saving grace is you have the GU and the GQ does not really exist!!!

Winnie
4th June 2013, 07:01 PM
I think you need a work car BA....

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

Drewboyaus
4th June 2013, 07:06 PM
You know you want one!!

Ummmm...n..no?

Was that convincing?

Bloodyaussie
4th June 2013, 07:07 PM
Ummmm...n..no?

Was that convincing?

Not in the slightest!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alitis007
4th June 2013, 10:57 PM

Why has everyone forgotten about the GU recovering the GQ ???? Lol if only i could load videos from my Phone .....

healy
4th June 2013, 11:31 PM
Why has everyone forgotten about the GU recovering the GQ ???? Lol if only i could load videos from my Phone .....
Its ok GQ's were getting recovered there last trip

krbrooking
5th June 2013, 04:48 AM
Damn that's just bloody painful watching that 80..........I think I can I think I can..........nup cant

He makes it out unassisted eventually but I think everyone had stopped filming as ba was reversing back to pull him out at the time

Bloodyaussie
10th June 2013, 08:02 PM
Some videos I got from Georges mate today... got more and had one failure, will try to load up later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7SE372aVYE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc879PKoFc8

krbrooking
15th June 2013, 03:09 PM

Haven't forgotten just had no footage of it. SPUIN!!!!