PDA

View Full Version : Dual Battery setup

Nisspetro
27th December 2010, 12:07 PM
Hi guys,
Can someone please advise what type of battery isolator I need to run a AGM battery in my caravan, I have a wet cell battery in the Patrol.

Nissan Patrol GUIV 2005

Woof
27th December 2010, 07:07 PM
You may have to wait for an answer mate, some of our more knowledgeable members may be on holidays at the moment.

patch697
27th December 2010, 08:55 PM
What do you have setup on your Patrol ie. Anderson plug & the likes???

Finly Owner
27th December 2010, 10:37 PM
What do you have setup on your Patrol ie. Anderson plug & the likes???

Isn't there a thread dealing with this stuff Paul?

patch697
27th December 2010, 11:21 PM
Isn't there a thread dealing with this stuff Paul?

There is but I would like to know what he's setup is before offering up any advice. Don't wish to misinform him.

Finly Owner
27th December 2010, 11:32 PM
There is but I would like to know what he's setup is before offering up any advice. Don't wish to misinform him.

Cool, just thought I'd throw ya a reminda juz in case it waz 1 of those times when you were preoccupied, that the thread was ere.

Should known you'd be on top of it though.......LOL

Nisspetro
28th December 2010, 11:38 AM
Sorry guys for not posting my introductions, I am normally quite courteous, again my apologies.

Patch697

Currently insatalled in the Patrol is an OEX electronic battery isolator with the aux post wire running to the back of the Patrol to an 50 amp ansderson plug

patch697
28th December 2010, 01:07 PM
Sorry guys for not posting my introductions, I am normally quite courteous, again my apologies.

Patch697

Currently installed in the Patrol is an OEX electronic battery isolator with the aux post wire running to the back of the Patrol to an 50 amp ansderson plug

Good system, you should have no problems with charging your Van Battery with the Anderson plug as long as it is compatible with an automotive charging system.

You can find this out by getting the Model number off the battery & Google it.
This site I found has good charts that show all the stats on AGM Deep Cycle Batterys.

http://www.firststartbatteries.com.au/shop/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=3

Cheers
Paul

Nisspetro
28th December 2010, 04:32 PM
Paul,

Thanks for that, I will check out.
Rob

Nisspetro
29th December 2010, 12:04 PM
Guys,
I have one more question regarding AGM batteries.
I have a CTEK XS7000 smart charger and would like to charge/trickle charge my AGM battery, what mode would I have to set the charger at (Normal(14.4) or Snowflake (14.7))

patch697
29th December 2010, 06:44 PM
OK this is what I found on the net & it should have the info you require.

http://www.ctek.com/files/manual/Multi-XS-7000_uk.pdf

dazmicho
16th January 2011, 11:24 PM
Take yourself to Battery World or Battery Kingdom they have a kit that will do the job and it is easy to install. Comes with clear instructions and most of it is already setup.