PDA

View Full Version : Need help hoping to find someone around.

Teamdjbilo
1st June 2013, 12:53 AM
Hi guys

Have an 02 gu nissan patrol with zd30 engine. I have started the nads and am hoping to meet with someone around the area to point me in the right direction as just the pics I keep looking at everywhere I am getting confused and just wouldn't mind looking and talking to someone that has done this to there car and maybe help with lack of power in my car.

Reason behind me doing all this trying to get better performance is my brother in law has a 04 patrol and the only difference is he has a snorkel and 2 years newer and about 120,000 km less but still his has so much more power then mine so thinking I am missing something or its not working.

Have replaced the intercooler about a month ago so that's not a problem anymore.

I am located in Crabbes creek nsw just north of Byron bay and do mind driving to meet someone or if there is an event somewhere close by soon(fingers crossed I am avalaible for it).

Would be great to here from someone.

Thanks
Simon

MudRunnerTD
1st June 2013, 09:53 AM
Has your brother in law got a series 3 or 4? ( does it look identical to your or the updated and current wheel flares and slightly newer shape)

Does he also have a Common Rail ZD30 CRD? If he does then you will never keep up mate. A different power range. Not you cars fault.

There are plenty of guys around happy to have a chat and help you out even if not a face to face.

Cheers MR

happygu
1st June 2013, 10:56 AM
Hi Simon,

There should be someone from up your way willing to give you a hand I hope.

The first thing you could try, is to temporarily swap your MAF over with your brother in law's, if his is going well, and is a known good one.

That should fairly quickly point you in the right direction as to the causes of your problem.....

Mic

Teamdjbilo
1st June 2013, 11:57 AM
Thanks guys

The brother in law is in WA so I am unable to swap the MAF sensor over at current but did do a test on it following the instructions found on here and pretty sure it's stuffed as only got 1.04 volt from the red but everything else was good.

As for his car it looks pretty identical to mine but will double check this when I fly back over in a week(looking for work)

Attached is a couple of pics of my rig!. I have 4 spotted to go on top and one for the back for reversing. As well as still have the catch can to install and boost controller when it gets here.

threedogs
1st June 2013, 01:11 PM
Has the B.I.L. got a chip or bigger exhaust and not telling you Te He

Spray the MAF and re fit when completely dry,
dirty MAF= poor performance

happygu
1st June 2013, 01:18 PM
The early MAF's were prone to failure, and the later ones seem to be a little more robust.

I would get a new one

Mic

Teamdjbilo
1st June 2013, 07:56 PM
Yeah have sprayed the MAF and no change so will look for a new one!..

And what do you mean has the B.I.L? I think it was?

trekster
1st June 2013, 10:23 PM
Yeah have sprayed the MAF and no change so will look for a new one!..

And what do you mean has the B.I.L? I think it was?

(B)rother (I)n (L)aw

:)

Teamdjbilo
2nd June 2013, 02:22 AM
Sorry now I understand.

Nah was there when he brought it and all tho he has got roof racks ect he tells me all he does to his car! Just stranded exhaust n no chip that we know of as he hasn't done anything to the engine since he got it.

And I have another MAF señor coming so fingers crossed it helps.