PDA

View Full Version : gq water temp

seaveiw
27th December 2010, 12:10 AM
can anyone tell me the right operating water temp as i have replaced the termostat also new radiator hoses top and bottom flushed radiator engine flush and new coolant as my gauge reads half way to 3/4 any help would greatly apricated

DX grunt
27th December 2010, 12:29 AM
I'll check mine tomorrow, but it doesn't go above half, at the very most.

Ross

NissanGQ4.2
27th December 2010, 12:43 AM
gauges are useless. Pretty sure ideal is about 80deg

Dhuck
27th December 2010, 01:54 AM
Mine does not go above half and that is running all day and just idles away when checking tracks. Last Sunday was 7 or so hours without being turned off. But as Tod said, about 80 deg is around the norm for most cars.

patch697
27th December 2010, 09:08 AM
It will depend on what temp thermostat you used as to what temp it will be regulated at & as for the gauge????? that are not known for there accurateness so if you question it do what most do & thats fit an after market gauge.

NissanGQ4.2
27th December 2010, 12:53 PM
It will depend on what temp thermostat you used as to what temp it will be regulated at

how true, why didn't i think of that!

seaveiw
27th December 2010, 03:38 PM
thanks guys the informatio provided was very useful ,but also have found out that my temp sender unit has craped out that is why i am getting false readings from my gauge

patch697
27th December 2010, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the follow up mate & im glad you got to the bottom of it.

Woof
27th December 2010, 09:23 PM
Just moved your thread to here so other members can find it if they have the same issue.

Silver
19th February 2011, 03:20 AM
used to be concerned about guage creeping up above half at low speed with a/c on. Checked with radiator shop and auto leccie who both advised that is in the normal range for GQs and not to worry - pay attention when it gets past the mark.

I have bought a couple of kits from an electrical place that will beep when a predetermined temp is reached - plan to attach the sensor to an engine bolt for an audible alarm that does not rely on water in the system